This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Not suggesting at all that we don't try new players, there are enough roster spots for experimentation. New guys.
    Just saying when available the 7 players I mentioned should still play . To continue building on players likely to make the 2023 team
    So if ever there will be new players, you can shuffle them with the 5 other roster spots.

We should promote as many as possible. But, developing chemistry with the core players ain't a bad idea as well.

Comment

• Calvin Oftana hasn't exhibited his 3-pt shooting so far in the PBA. But I'm confident he'll be able to find his 3-pt shooting in due time
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Robert Bolick should be in gilas regardless of what empire he is in, SBP Must do whatever it takes to include him to play in some windowa and in 2023 world cup. Keifer and bolick would solidifies our point guard rotation.
        Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thegloryball View Post
          Robert Bolick should be in gilas regardless of what empire he is in, SBP Must do whatever it takes to include him to play in some windowa and in 2023 world cup. Keifer and bolick would solidifies our point guard rotation.
          If only we're living in a perfect world bro. If only ganoon lang kadali to have Bolick wear a Gilas jersey. Bolick still with Northport is a possibility as far as Gilas stint is concerned, but Bolick in SMB uniform, ibang usapan na yan. One can bet Leo Austria can't wait to have Bolick in SMB roster. So wag na tayong masyadong umasa pa to see Bolick in Gilas uniform.

Now lets pretend that SMC would allow Bolick to play for Gilas, I think Bolick is exactly the kind of point guard coach Tab would want in Gilas. Bolick would be an instant upgrade to Gilas point guards Matt Nieto, SJ Belangel & RJ Abarrientos. Bolick's skill level is significantly higher than that of Matt Nieto while he has the obvious edge in maturity over Belangel & Abarrientos. I think its safe to say that Bolick is among the top 2 best point guard in the PBA today.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            If only we're living in a perfect world bro. If only ganoon lang kadali to have Bolick wear a Gilas jersey. Bolick still with Northport is a possibility as far as Gilas stint is concerned, but Bolick in SMB uniform, ibang usapan na yan. One can bet Leo Austria can't wait to have Bolick in SMB roster. So wag na tayong masyadong umasa pa to see Bolick in Gilas uniform.

Now lets pretend that SMC would allow Bolick to play for Gilas, I think Bolick is exactly the kind of point guard coach Tab would want in Gilas. Bolick would be an instant upgrade to Gilas point guards Matt Nieto, SJ Belangel & RJ Abarrientos. Bolick's skill level is significantly higher than that of Matt Nieto while he has the obvious edge in maturity over Belangel & Abarrientos. I think its safe to say that Bolick is among the top 2 best point guard in the PBA today.
            For me, Bolick is THE top point guard. He is a tough defender and has already proven he can keep up in world level speed. I don’t see any other guard come close to his defensive acumen excluding prime Ross. Heruela maybe.
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluenote49 View Post
              I know it's just one game but damn, are we seeing a Pringle 2.0 in the making with a little less explosiveness but with better overall offensive game? How I wish his eligible to play for NT!
              mikey is damn good. now i know why yeng got so mad when that pick went to TNT
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Robert Bolick should be in gilas regardless of what empire he is in, SBP Must do whatever it takes to include him to play in some windowa and in 2023 world cup. Keifer and bolick would solidifies our point guard rotation.
                I wonder what is that " whatever it takes" thing.

But if it will happen, I think smc will ask for the world.lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                  For me, Bolick is THE top point guard. He is a tough defender and has already proven he can keep up in world level speed. I don’t see any other guard come close to his defensive acumen excluding prime Ross. Heruela maybe.
                  2 way ability and the drive makes him a very capable gilas player
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    2 way ability and the drive makes him a very capable gilas player
                    Yeah, Bolick is such a crafty slasher. Not that quick or agile, & not that athletic but he's very skilled. A shortcoming though is that he seems to always drive going to the right. Its rare that I see him slashing going to the left side.

This is something that the defense might learn to deal with.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                      Do you think Bolick has a chance to play in B-League? His contract will expire at the end of this year.. I think B-League teams already know his game, He's always in the radar anyway...
                      Many Filipino players are now on the radar. B-League starting to realise how much they can get out of Pinoy players if they don't waste their careers in the PBA.

If you're a young Filipino wing (6'5-6'7) and big (6'8+), then you're better off playing overseas than rotting in the Philippine Bulok Association.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

And with the history of Bolick's case, He might have a chance.. He doesn't want to be in a team who are super loaded in his position.. Remember, He leave DLSU to join San Beda because he want opportunities.. DLSU can give him more perks than SBU but the latter give him more playing time.. Now, if Bolick will be transfer in any SMC teams malamang di nya to magugustuhan because we all know how loaded SMC teams, especially in his position.. SMB has Perez, Romeo, Ross and Cabagnot.. Magnolia still have Barroca, Jalalon, Lee and Melton and Ginebra still have Tenorio, Scottie and Pringle.. Puno na position for guards.. Although Ginebra can give him space because LA is now on his twilight of his career, But Bolick wants a better role if in case he will be traded.. And he's not yet family man.. He can go Japan w/o worrying because he's still bachelor..
                        I'm not hyping him but base on how good he plays in some international exhibition games
                        and last 2019 world cup, he might be good enough to be a 2nd stringer point guard in australian nbl teams and or maybe a premiere pg in new zealand.
                        Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

I'm not hyping him but base on how good he plays in some international exhibition games
                          and last 2019 world cup, he might be good enough to be a 2nd stringer point guard in australian nbl teams and or maybe a premiere pg in new zealand.

Damn Bolick really has the puso factor to play for the national team. Just look at his words! promising that the next time they meet, Iran will not jump and they will take it as motivation! Very competitive spirit and really feeling the pain of the losses. It seems like the kind of player that Tab wants, attitude wise. I hope that Chua will allow him or that he will sign elsewhere if his contract expires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post

Damn Bolick really has the puso factor to play for the national team. Just look at his words! promising that the next time they meet, Iran will not jump and they will take it as motivation! Very competitive spirit and really feeling the pain of the losses. It seems like the kind of player that Tab wants, attitude wise. I hope that Chua will allow him or that he will sign elsewhere if his contract expires.
                            Too bad that he's bound to go to the Evil Empire.

Comment

And with the history of Bolick's case, He might have a chance.. He doesn't want to be in a team who are super loaded in his position.. Remember, He leave DLSU to join San Beda because he want opportunities.. DLSU can give him more perks than SBU but the latter give him more playing time.. Now, if Bolick will be transfer in any SMC teams malamang di nya to magugustuhan because we all know how loaded SMC teams, especially in his position.. SMB has Perez, Romeo, Ross and Cabagnot.. Magnolia still have Barroca, Jalalon, Lee and Melton and Ginebra still have Tenorio, Scottie and Pringle.. Puno na position for guards.. Although Ginebra can give him space because LA is now on his twilight of his career, But Bolick wants a better role if in case he will be traded.. And he's not yet family man.. He can go Japan w/o worrying because he's still bachelor..
                              Isn’t he dating Aby Maraño from the Volleyball team?
                              GILAS WISHLIST:
                              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Let's see after their contract expires this December.. He and Perez both have 3 year contract w/ their respective teams and bound to end after signed last 2018.. And B-League allow teams signing Asian imports until February next year.. Will they go Kiefer route?
                                They can always FU the evil empire and bail.

If they do well, there’s no point going back to the PH and play ball.

It’s like how most OFWs see no point returning to the Philippines to work because the money they’ll make is peanuts.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information