Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1489

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. V

  1. #1241
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    Even that dirty scumbag Bill Laimbeer had more arsenal than Junemar. As much as I hate Laimbeer, the guy was ahead of his time as a center skills-wise.
    Guy was a dirty player, but he was a hell of a defensive presence. That three-point shot made him ahead of his time. Nobody imagined a center that could shoot threes like he did.

  2. #1242
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    5,260
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Guy was a dirty player, but he was a hell of a defensive presence. That three-point shot made him ahead of his time. Nobody imagined a center that could shoot threes like he did.
    Whenever I see Belga, I see Laimbeer. Haha
    “Nag-a-adjust pa rin si Roosevelt Adams sa sistema ng basketball sa PBA, yung physicality. Siguro kailangan magpalapad siya. Minsan nahihiya pang tumira, e.” - John Cardel

  3. #1243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,242
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Whenever I see Belga, I see Laimbeer. Haha
    hahaha i share the same sentiments

  4. #1244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    646
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    mick pennisi as well

  5. #1245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    mick pennisi as well

    Bill never flop,10 seconds later aftershock that made it to US ESPN highlights.

  6. #1246
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Bill never flop,10 seconds later aftershock that made it to US ESPN highlights.
    Laimbeer was a notorious flopper. Although yeah, not the 10-second aftershock that Pennisi did. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

  7. #1247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,242
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Laimbeer was a notorious flopper. Although yeah, not the 10-second aftershock that Pennisi did. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Pennisi didn't flop. The ball hit his head so hard that it discombobulated his nervous system. Hence the 10 second delay.

  8. #1248
    Senior Member Jackie Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    756
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    hahaha i share the same sentiments
    ROS was basically the Bad Boys team in the PBA back then. Well, every team Yeng coaches, it turns into another iteration of Bad Boys.

  9. #1249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    ROS was basically the Bad Boys team in the PBA back then. Well, every team Yeng coaches, it turns into another iteration of Bad Boys.
    honestly, I didnt see yet a Coach Yeng Coached Nlex o be as physical as cyg coached red bull and rain or shine

  10. #1250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,119
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    honestly, I didnt see yet a Coach Yeng Coached Nlex o be as physical as cyg coached red bull and rain or shine
    CYG building likes of Soyud and Miranda as his bruise bros.. But they still not tough enough...

  11. #1251
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Sangalang played scared against aging Iran.. let's not kid ourselves that a 6'5 traditional bigman who's skinny fat can be effective outside the SEA region
    At that size, you'll need an RDO skillset if you're gonna be a big.

  12. #1252
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I think Kiefer can play even in NBL or Euroleague.. He's a dream PG for any coaches.. Kaya talagang iniiyak to ni CYG nung umalis... Then most of here doesn't like Kiefer to be part of Gilas? Kiefer can double or triple the effort Belangel, RJ and JGDL combined... Boy Dribble daw eh sabi ng haters!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    lol the wonder that is the fb comment section. kiefer would still be the best pba PG for gilas. efficient, makes the right decisions, clutch. medyo nasira lang reputation after the catfishing and fiba suspension but none of those had anything to do with his basketball skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Even here at forum.. most of the posters doesn't like Kiefer due to his "Boy Dribble" tag.. Actually he's a better impact than Romeo, Bolick and Perez in Gilas.. He's a winner, leader, He can also effective even he will not score too much.. Unlike those i mentioned that if they don't have the ball in their hands, they will be not effective.. He's the upgrade version of LA Tenorio (more bigger and stronger)... Tab will also have put Kiefer anytime in his roster if he's available...
    Good point about Kiefer. As for Bolick, he's as good a facilitator as Kiefer. He's not just a scorer. Perez naman, he can defend. The three can be effective even when they don't score as much.

  13. #1253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    5,230
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    Good point about Kiefer. As for Bolick, he's as good a facilitator as Kiefer. He's not just a scorer. Perez naman, he can defend. The three can be effective even when they don't score as much.
    I was one of the haters of kiefer in 2019. Well, he really performed badly, and if we are being honest, the only reason he was selected (after a long layoff) was because of coach yeng.

    But now, I see him as one of the rare Filipino PG who knows how to use a talented Big like Kai and Aj. Probably the best playmaker at PG spot we can have in 2023

  14. #1254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,002
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I think we can surmise that the PBA style of play was quite limiting to Kiefer. For a newcomer in the B.League, the confidence his coach has in him is high and he delivered well. He has great court vision.

    It's good that Kiefer is getting mentorship from the Spanish NT assistant coach. Kiefer can carryover what he learned to Gilas (if ever he gets to the line up)

    Kobe though, is the most surprising

  15. #1255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,002
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Well, someone is trying to hastily generalized things. SMH
    No country is pure capitalist. Not even the US. Medicare, Medical, Social Security Income, Unemployment Benefits are influences of socialism.

  16. #1256
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,689
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Labradoodle View Post
    No country is pure capitalist. Not even the US. Medicare, Medical, Social Security Income, Unemployment Benefits are influences of socialism.
    This is a very common misconception , brought about by American Centric education, the former "red scare" cold war disdain for "communism has viewed everything associated to common socialist welbeing for everyone as a negative, that is why capitialism generally frowns upon working unions. The thing is as the Philippines has been US centric in mindset ever since their paradigm of a different system other than heavily capitalist centric is none existent, there is no alternative way of thinking. Many people view popular school of thought from the US. as the best and only alternative. when in fact there are many flaws in the US system. The US is no longer a leader in best governance and system practices and in fact has fallen behind. Yet is the only thing most Pinoys know and follow.

  17. #1257
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    This is a very common misconception , brought about by American Centric education, the former "red scare" cold war disdain for "communism has viewed everything associated to common socialist welbeing for everyone as a negative, that is why capitialism generally frowns upon working unions. The thing is as the Philippines has been US centric in mindset ever since their paradigm of a different system other than heavily capitalist centric is none existent, there is no alternative way of thinking. Many people view popular school of thought from the US. as the best and only alternative. when in fact there are many flaws in the US system. The US is no longer a leader in best governance and system practices and in fact has fallen behind. Yes is the only think most Pinoys know and follow.
    I think Germany might be a better example in best system practices.

    Since you're in NZ, are you guys good examples?

  18. #1258
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,689
    Country: Fiji

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I think Germany might be a better example in best system practices.

    Since you're in NZ, are you guys good examples?
    No country alone has a monopoly of good system and governance practice , i think we can learn a lot from many others, ( do not limit yourself to the US , which is quite honestly no longer a leader in good practice) , take the example of the right to "arms" in the US constitution, despite all the mass shootings and at the expense of "public general welfare, the big industry of making guns cannot be touched mainly due to capitalism ideals.

    On NZ parliament system similar to UK, Canada and Australia , yes i can say it is more functional sound than the US system , especially the electoral system.

  19. #1259
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,418
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    No country alone has a monopoly of good system and governance practice , i think we can learn a lot from many others, ( do not limit yourself to the US , which is quite honestly no longer a leader in good practice) , take the example of the right to "arms" in the US constitution, despite all the mass shootings and at the expense of "public general welfare, the big industry of making guns cannot be touched mainly due to capitalism ideals.

    On NZ parliament system similar to UK, Canada and Australia , yes i can say it is more functional sound than the US system , especially the electoral system.
    Sus, ginoo. These guys have no idea of the concepts of police power for public good, which we frankly exercise more.

    Parliament won't work here in the Philippines, not with this situation. It's a popularity contest for PM, and if the popular party's crap, good luck, because the PM will most likely be the leader of that party, and the appointing officer will also come from that party.

  20. #1260
    Senior Member DAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,689
    Country: Fiji

    Default


Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •