This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
    I won’t be surprised if this is the reason MVP is taking a backseat. He wants to focus on developing grassroots at Ateneo.
    this is relatively cheaper than financing the SBP

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    I think MVP will be more concerned about winning Championships for Ateneo than the grassroots element. If it was solely about development Kouame would be pro by now.
    its like Greg Slaughter all over again, MVP's gift to ADMU

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
      I think MVP will be more concerned about winning Championships for Ateneo than the grassroots element. If it was solely about development Kouame would be pro by now.
      He can do that and win titles at the same time. It works.

If Ateneo can identify basketball talent from 8-11 age bracket and take care of their education + basketball skills till HS, that’s a win.

They might evolve to our very own IMG academy.

Comment

He can do that and win titles at the same time. It works.

If Ateneo can identify basketball talent from 8-11 age bracket and take care of their education + basketball skills till HS, that’s a win.

They might evolve to our very own IMG academy.
        Tab Baldwin is the coach of the seniors team, not the juniors team. He has also been very busy recruiting from outside Ateneo. I dont see how you can think Ateneo can rival IMG Academy anytime soon. At the end of the day, the level of competition here, especially at a juniors level, has a ceiling and if you want to be better, the correct step is to go abroad early.

Also you dont recruit 8 year olds to play basketball. Its against all guidelines for youth development.

Comment

I’m at the point where I’d rather take my chances at a Chua or SMC SBP leadership than trust Panlilio and the MVP group.

They are true examples of “heroes” who lived long enough to become the villains.
          Well, the positive is, Boss is a basketball person, being a coach. However, I think they could hire some foreign mentors to develop our coaches and players. And they have the money, invest on players going abroad.

Comment

Tab Baldwin is the coach of the seniors team, not the juniors team. He has also been very busy recruiting from outside Ateneo. I dont see how you can think Ateneo can rival IMG Academy anytime soon. At the end of the day, the level of competition here, especially at a juniors level, has a ceiling and if you want to be better, the correct step is to go abroad early.

Also you dont recruit 8 year olds to play basketball. Its against all guidelines for youth development.
            I’m not saying we should rival or become a replica of the IMG academy. I’m saying we should follow their model and other clubs for grassroots development.

The problem we have here is youth development. Our players, basketball or not, do not become one and dones by 18. It shows just by looking at the U18 NTs of China, Korea, Australia, and NZ. Their players already know the fundamentals at that age bracket. Do we have that? No. We still have 30+ yo players who are just developing their outside shots.

Just look at the grassroots development in football/basketball like Real Madrid or Barça. They have a youth system that trains kids as young as 8 to become the next Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Pau Gasol.

Having a solid youth system is essential for the growth of basketball and any sport in this country.
            Last edited by sroth3839; 08-07-2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I’m not saying we should rival or become a replica of the IMG academy. I’m saying we should follow their model and other clubs for grassroots development.

The problem we have here is youth development. Our players, basketball or not, do not become one and dones by 18. It shows just by looking at the U18 NTs of China, Korea, Australia, and NZ. Their players already know the fundamentals at that age bracket. Do we have that? No. We still have 30+ yo players who are just developing their outside shots.

Just look at the grassroots development in football/basketball like Real Madrid or Barça. They have a youth system that trains kids as young as 8 to become the next Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Pau Gasol.

Having a solid youth system is essential for the growth of basketball and any sport in this country.
              The NBA and IOC both recommend playing multiple sports in a players youth and specializing at like the teenage years. Early specialization leads to burnout and injuries. Even FIFA suspended Barcelona for recruiting kids way too young.

Comment

The NBA and IOC both recommend playing multiple sports in a players youth and specializing at like the teenage years. Early specialization leads to burnout and injuries. Even FIFA suspended Barcelona for recruiting kids way too young.
                That can be implemented with proper regulation. The problem with Barça’s approach was their aggressive way of wanting to win. Football clubs are notorious for this because they tend to recruit African boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                  Well, the positive is, Boss is a basketball person, being a coach. However, I think they could hire some foreign mentors to develop our coaches and players. And they have the money, invest on players going abroad.
                  The bad thing is he has a trsck record of protesting foreign coaches.

Comment

In USA,its almost automatic that a HS athlete will have at least 2 sports,since their friends also play other sports and they follow and hang with them.At an early age,you want the athlete to be passionate about the sports they play,one thing to make the athlete do so,is to make it fun with their friends.

Comment

As program director, the logical thing to do is give the HC position to Jong or Nenad.

Chot’s ego is simply getting in the way.
                      Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                      This should be a logical move,Jong takes the HC,for one he's well liked by players,he can use Nenad's scheme for offense and Tab's defense,he can even use his own version of DDO,where the guards doesn't panic drive and pass.
                      Honestly, I'm just hoping that the next coach adopts and enforces Tab's defense, at the very least, and develops taller, longer defenders who can guard the perimeter, ala Baltazar if 4, and Oftana and Navarro if 3.

Focus on defense and defensive players.

Comment

• Lmao after the election this effing masterclickbaiter YouTubers have a new target. CoachCR hahahaha! Is this the new youtube META?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          Then you have people like this guy bashing Tab and defending Chot, even his performance after the SEA Games.

Does he not realize that Chot's poor defensive adjustments (or lack of defensive adjustments) cost us in the Indonesia game?
                          And Karlo Lovenia and Ryan Alba took the piss on the tweet (and Al Panlilio retweeting it):

Chris Tan fired back on Ryan, though, discrediting him as just a statistician:

Comment

• Why is Chris Tan trying to be relevant gain? Is it because his step-dad works for MVP? Is he applying for analyst gig?

Comment

• Lebanese Basketball @lebanesebasketball picks up Chot's "We dont need to win vs Lebanon" quote. LOL

Comment

• Their coach was also the one who allegedly said our team was "easy, easy", correct?

Welp, now it's our turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information