Page 168 of 236 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 4720

Thread: Philippines Senior National Team Thread Vol. V

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    "Chot's completely gone." Wow.

I feel a little sorry for the guy, but he should have been a stopgap in the first place. Tactics and personnel insertion weren't exactly the best.
    He can be the recruiter.

If he has one thing that he excels at. It is recruiting players especially Fol Foreigns who needs passport. Haha.

We can do that while developing our homegrowns

I feel a little sorry for the guy, but he should have been a stopgap in the first place. Tactics and personnel insertion weren't exactly the best.
    I don't feel sorry for him, sorry for being so mean HAHAHA. I can't be sympathetic to someone who consistently screws up. Anyways, Snow also said that Nenad is also an option. Either way, for the short term plan (until 2023 WC), at least we can be guaranteed a coaching change, but in the end, we still need long term plans. Looks like I will be buying 2023 WC tickets hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    I don't feel sorry for him, sorry for being so mean HAHAHA. I can't be sympathetic to someone who consistently screws up. Anyways, Snow also said that Nenad is also an option. Either way, for the short term plan (until 2023 WC), at least we can be guaranteed a coaching change, but in the end, we still need long term plans. Looks like I will be buying 2023 WC tickets hehe.
    Yeah. Lets try Nenad.

We already gave Coach Chot his chance.

Tutal, If I am not mistaken, Coach Tab recruit Coach Nenad to help him.

Hahaha. One of Snow's suggestions is to prevent players from going abroad. I understand that they are needed for practice but simply put just pay them and they'll stay.

Can we attribute it to narcissistic & arrogant behavior and karma? I don't know him personally but the video of Chino insinuating that he stole the job from Rajko just maybe show what kind of a person that guy is! . Even in the latest Spin video that issue came out again.

what if, just name Chot as Ateneo coach, he's an alumni anyway, so Tab (if ever he returns) could focus fully on Gilas

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yeah. Lets try Nenad.

We already gave Coach Chot his chance.

Tutal, If I am not mistaken, Coach Tab recruit Coach Nenad to help him.
    Hope Tab or Nenad gets the job. However, it shouldn't stop there. There should be a long-term plan. I laid down an outline:

1. Implement Tab's play style on offense and defense from the youth level, so no matter the personnel, there would be no confusion as to execution. Hopefully it sticks, and we become known as at least a good defensive team.

2. Have Tab and Nenad teach other coaches like Goldwin, Ayo, or coach Charles, so that they can refine their tactics for FIBA ball. Get as many young coaches as you can (young because they're more receptive to new ideas), so that we can have a good pool, even after Tab is gone.

3. Another point of emphasis should be individual development of players for FIBA, and good enough for Australia, even other overseas leagues. Good talent, and proper position relative to size, like having players the size of Navarro, Oftana, and Javi as wings, and other 6'7"-6'8" guys with Balti's versatility on defense, or at the very least ability to play the 4. Also, we need to develop versatile defenders from players from the 6'5"-6'7" range, so as to help the defense.

If what Snow is saying is true, good riddance with 0 remorse. What happened with Rajko is the same with what happened to Tab, and both times ang pumalit si Chot. Coincidence? Maybe. But fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Let's not let him fool us a 3rd time.

I'm advocating for a clean SBP slate, no more nepotism hires, also fire the coach who keeps Boy Suklay around.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    If what Snow is saying is true, good riddance with 0 remorse. What happened with Rajko is the same with what happened to Tab, and both times ang pumalit si Chot. Coincidence? Maybe. But fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Let's not let him fool us a 3rd time.

I'm advocating for a clean SBP slate, no more nepotism hires, also fire the coach who keeps Boy Suklay around.
    There's this interview with Chot way back in the mid-2000's where he imagines himself leading the Philippine basketball team marching their way into the Olympic stadium with trumpets blaring or something to that effect. He's obviously still hung up on realizing that dream and that would explain why he latches on to the position like a leech.
    До біса Путіна

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    There's this interview with Chot way back in the mid-2000's where he imagines himself leading the Philippine basketball team marching their way into the Olympic stadium with trumpets blaring or something to that effect. He's obviously still hung up on realizing that dream and that would explain why he latches on to the position like a leech.
    but he never updated his basketball philosophy. tsk tsk
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    but he never updated his basketball philosophy. tsk tsk
    patriotism is always commendable. but if one would just use it as an excuse to self-aggrandize or act out their delusions of grandeur, then it's everyone's job to tell that guy to [email protected] off.
    До біса Путіна

CCR UPDATE

I just like to speculate that SBP may be waiting for CCR to resign before speaking. Right now they have only posted the gold medal won by our girls and they are still mum with regards to the silver. Also, CCR was speaking in the media, but I am not sure if it was done after or before the match against Indonesia since it was prerecorded.

https://twitter.com/News5PH/status/1529078509649289216

Also, MVP has already contacted Tab per Homer Sayson.

https://twitter.com/HomerSayson/stat...C97ZOerrgqAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    Eye opening
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post

@1:02:43 mark additional context hehe

You know something is up when SBP cancelled its own FIBA Asia Trophy Tour

https://twitter.com/gilasarmy/status...16680147365888

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    You know something is up when SBP cancelled its own FIBA Asia Trophy Tour

https://twitter.com/gilasarmy/status...16680147365888
    SBP avoiding the press and public tsktsk

Honestly, might be better for the short and long term for Nenad to be the coach since he can start ASAP and would have undivided attention on Gilas. Tab could be the consultant. Chot as the lead recruiter (assuming he would still want to be involved).

Yehey! Chot is gone!

Great development!
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Yehey! Chot is gone!

Great development!
    any links jams, thanks
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Hope Tab or Nenad gets the job. However, it shouldn't stop there. There should be a long-term plan. I laid down an outline:

1. Implement Tab's play style on offense and defense from the youth level, so no matter the personnel, there would be no confusion as to execution. Hopefully it sticks, and we become known as at least a good defensive team.

2. Have Tab and Nenad teach other coaches like Goldwin, Ayo, or coach Charles, so that they can refine their tactics for FIBA ball. Get as many young coaches as you can (young because they're more receptive to new ideas), so that we can have a good pool, even after Tab is gone.

3. Another point of emphasis should be individual development of players for FIBA, and good enough for Australia, even other overseas leagues. Good talent, and proper position relative to size, like having players the size of Navarro, Oftana, and Javi as wings, and other 6'7"-6'8" guys with Balti's versatility on defense, or at the very least ability to play the 4. Also, we need to develop versatile defenders from players from the 6'5"-6'7" range, so as to help the defense.
    Very much agree bro, and well said.

The big key here is establishing the right culture for Phi basketball that starts right there in the grassroots level. We need to bring Phi basketball in line or relevant with the trend of world basketball. We need to cope up with the world trend. Pinoy coaches won't bring us there that is why we need a foreign coach like Tab or Nenad to do the job.

I say having the right materials (players with the right skill sets & qualities) & very good coaching (yung system that is proving to be working) are the keys.
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 05-24-2022 at 09:38 PM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Page 168 of 236 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast