This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Well, honestly, I'm also guilty of sort of overhyping Matthew Wright prior to Wright's stint with Gilas senior national team (PBA-select Gilas team). My assessment or expectation from Wright was based on his collegiate career in the US NCAA div. 1 school where he registered decent stats (more decent than fellow NCAA div. 1 Fil-ams like Dwight Ramos & Gabe Norwood) as well as with the fact that Wright played as an import in the French div. 1 pro league which is no mean feat. Wright also played splendidly with the Malaysian Dragons in the ASEAN Basketball League. Wright was also impressive when he played for the Gilas cadets in the 2017 Jones Cup.

But during his stint with the Gilas senior national team made up mostly of PBA players, he never came close to living up with my expectation.
    Dinadaga si Wright..

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
      Dinadaga si Wright..
      To be fair, Wright have his moments in the PBA and some Overseas leagues.

Yes, he played terrible last gilas stint. But I am willing to give him another chance.

Well, it is not llike we have other choice in pba. The only Pba SHooters I will consider in gilas right now are Wright and Pogoy.

PS: When I say shooters, I mean spot up shooters especially in the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
        Thats what I been saying. Adding more imports in PBA will limit opportunities of our big Man to develop real game skills and IQ. Including no limits on Fil for in roster. I don't have issue with limitless height but make it one import at a time like UAAP.
        For me, this can be maximized if pba has unlimited filfor hiring. In the end, pba will recognize that not because you played in the states, you are automatically a good player. Also, it is high time that resident imports are allowed to play in the pba. One slot per team is allowed, with 1 year guaranteed contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          To be fair, Wright have his moments in the PBA and some Overseas leagues.

Yes, he played terrible last gilas stint. But I am willing to give him another chance.

Well, it is not llike we have other choice in pba. The only Pba SHooters I will consider in gilas right now are Wright and Pogoy.

PS: When I say shooters, I mean spot up shooters especially in the wings.
          I'd rather go with a bolick, perez and lee to play the shooters than matt.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
            For me, this can be maximized if pba has unlimited filfor hiring. In the end, pba will recognize that not because you played in the states, you are automatically a good player. Also, it is high time that resident imports are allowed to play in the pba. One slot per team is allowed, with 1 year guaranteed contract.
            Additionally, we can identify who are the homegrown locals who can go toe to toe with quality overseas based Fil foreigners.

Comment

Additionally, we can identify who are the homegrown locals who can go toe to toe with quality overseas based Fil foreigners.
              The issue is teams in PBA wants to win to make sense of spending 200 million a year. With that mindset, they will hire all the filfors they can. But as we can see, some fil fors have the advantage in physical attribute and will still be chosen above same skill set pinoy. My worry on that is PBA will end up having more top players who are not Fiba eligble. Thats why I think we need that limit.

Alot of leagues around the world have their own player restriction except for NBA.

Also alot of players improve under CYG because he gives everybody a chance to play.

Comment

Agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                  The issue is teams in PBA wants to win to make sense of spending 200 million a year. With that mindset, they will hire all the filfors they can. But as we can see, some fil fors have the advantage in physical attribute and will still be chosen above same skill set pinoy. My worry on that is PBA will end up having more top players who are not Fiba eligble. Thats why I think we need that limit.

Alot of leagues around the world have their own player restriction except for NBA.

Also alot of players improve under CYG because he gives everybody a chance to play.
                  For me, having unlimited entry of Fil-for will allow Gilas to get more players that are fiba eligible.
                  Also, if the ban on no college import is removed in college, i still strongly believe that it will help filipino students to be a lot more stronger.
                  In my heart also, my bias is that PBA should allow resident imports and homegrown imports to play in the pba.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                    PG: Kiefer(playmaker)
                    Combo guard: Parks(go-to-guy)
                    Wing: Dwight(second option go-to-guy)
                    Combo Forward: Tamayo(hustle, defense, rebound, 3-points shot)
                    C: Kouame(post defense, pnr defense, rim protection, rebound)

(6th-9th)
                    PG: Dalph(playmaker)
                    Lights-out shooter: Heading
                    Combo forward: Baltazar(same as Tamayo)
                    C: Sotto(same as Kouame plus passing skills)

(10th-12th)
                    Wing: Thirdy(defensive stopper of opposing guard)
                    3 and D: Navarro
                    C: Chiu
                    Yup I agree with this , the likely rotation

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                      PG: Kiefer(playmaker)
                      Combo guard: Parks(go-to-guy)
                      Wing: Dwight(second option go-to-guy)
                      Combo Forward: Tamayo(hustle, defense, rebound, 3-points shot)
                      C: Kouame(post defense, pnr defense, rim protection, rebound)

(6th-9th)
                      PG: Dalph(playmaker)
                      Lights-out shooter: Heading
                      Combo forward: Baltazar(same as Tamayo)
                      C: Sotto(same as Kouame plus passing skills)

(10th-12th)
                      Wing: Thirdy(defensive stopper of opposing guard)
                      3 and D: Navarro
                      C: Chiu
                      Navarro - NT's super versatile defensive player, can guard (to satisfactory results) the 2,3, and 4 of opposing NT. Not sold on his outside shot though, as it hasn't reached current Norwood levels yet.
                      Chiu - a bruiser center, which uses his fouls to tire out opposing NTs' taller and bulkier C's. Could also be a pleasant surprise in the offensive end with his moves underneath the basket.

Comment

• A bit off topic but I'm speechless. https://www.spin.ph/athletics/patafa...ef=home_feed_1
                        Only in the Philippines lol. Proud to be pinoy!!

Sarap sampalin sa muka ng juico na yan haha.
                        #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
                          A bit off topic but I'm speechless. https://www.spin.ph/athletics/patafa...ef=home_feed_1
                          Only in the Philippines lol. Proud to be pinoy!!

Sarap sampalin sa muka ng juico na yan haha.
                          Bunch of fucking morons. Persona non grata na nga, ganyan pa rin ang asta. Parang gago talaga.

Apologies for the language, but this is crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                            Bunch of fucking morons. Persona non grata na nga, ganyan pa rin ang asta. Parang gago talaga.

They're trying to save face. I don't know if the allegations are true but this comes off as petty. Maybe they're hoping madadaan sa sindak

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post

If youre on the other side of political spectrum in the Philippines, lol sarap halungkatin political preference ni Juico, no wonder leni shy away from color yellow...Ella Juico is as hardcore yellow as it is..
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                                Hopefully more high school kids get invited, like to see if guys like Jordi gdl or Torculas get invited

Also since coach Tab is interested in length, they should see if Policarpio is available
                                Hope the Gilas top brass is working on a plan to invite these kids to the pool. They could really be useful to us in the long run, especially since they provide length, and in the case of Torculas and Policarpio, athleticism.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information