No announcement yet.

LKF Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF, don't shoot at your own leg with such comparisons Btw, Jakilaitis is a pro at his job. You should be very happy about it, cause now your disliked communication should be at much higher level. Only question is who is that former player to join as general secretary, that's very important position. I hope that it's not Arturas Javtokas. Might be Gintaras Leonavicius tho, he is working in FIBA now.

I still feel like all the groups are missing smth. I'd be ideal to have joined forces with Javtokas or Kaukenas running for president, Kazlauskas being vice, Sabas as honorouble president to be involved in some special cases, big projects, Jakilaitis can run media part, Spokas keep doing organizational part, which he done for more than decade and did really great

Comment

Jakilaitis is too big of a figure. It's the same like to grab some Tapinas and say, "hey, this guy will be media's guy, will do something there, whatever". To bring this rich, controversial, elite (in a good and bad way) journalist and TV guy, who actually doesn't have direct ties with BB for some secondary job, to be an assistant of Javtokas in a way? IDK, it sounds ridiculous. Will he work now for 2k euros per month as a senior Lithuanian basketball federation media guy? When he makes such money in few hours of live show in TV? To me it's sound like a joke. Dude will probably think he can fill this one with one third of his ass and to do bunch of other things that he do. What can Jakilaitis say to me? He understands a shit about BB IDK, "media guy and some projects". What projects? That kind of fish as Jakilaitis wouldn't go anywhere where he couldn't be able to make real money. Balciunas was working as GM of federation and it's not some super highly paid spot. It's peanuts for such guy as Jakilaitis if not less. Now he will silently sit in the office as the media fellow with small public sector salary? It's a joke. Compare some Vaidotas Zajarskas, current head of federation's public relations, and this shark Jakilaitis It's sound to me surreal and I have no idea what will he be doing. Assisting the microphone to Maskoliunas for his legendary speeches LOL
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So it's vice president as Jakilaitis' position. And second vice president is Kazlauskas. Who's third...?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Jakilaitis is too big of a figure. It's the same like to grab some Tapinas and say, "hey, this guy will be media's guy, will do something there, whatever". To bring this rich, controversial, elite (in a good and bad way) journalist and TV guy, who actually doesn't have direct ties with BB for some secondary job, to be an assistant of Javtokas in a way? IDK, it sounds ridiculous. Will he work now for 2k euros per month as a senior Lithuanian basketball federation media guy? When he makes such money in few hours of live show in TV? To me it's sound like a joke. Dude will probably think he can fill this one with one third of his ass and to do bunch of other things that he do. What can Jakilaitis say to me? He understands a shit about BB IDK, "media guy and some projects". What projects? That kind of fish as Jakilaitis wouldn't go anywhere where he couldn't be able to make real money. Balciunas was working as GM of federation and it's not some super highly paid spot. It's peanuts for such guy as Jakilaitis if not less. Now he will silently sit in the office as the media fellow with small public sector salary? It's a joke. Compare some Vaidotas Zajarskas, current head of federation's public relations, and this shark Jakilaitis It's sound to me surreal and I have no idea what will he be doing. Assisting the microphone to Maskoliunas for his legendary speeches LOL
          No hard feelings, but more LOL is your reaction tbh For years you are complaining about communication part, now you get Jakilaitis and you complain again He is too big now? Are you serious or is it just Balciunas fan rant? C'mon What he will do? Will work with media, public relations, that's what he knows the best and he is great at, you don't have to be a bball freak to do that. The same like Spokas wasn't any kind of bball player, but he did organizational job great. Even Balciunas was nobody in bball circles. It won't take much time for Jakilaitis and as he said he won't even be paid

Comment

Mindozas, it's clear now. It's just a side project for him that he will do voluntarily. He won't take money and he hopes that it won't take much time. That I can understand. But if someone like Jakilaitis would suddenly want to be in Zajarskas shoes, I could not understand that and it would be a joke. Now Jakilaitis does a favor for Javtokas adding big name to his team, maybe he himself think it might be interesting and he can generate some ideas, leave his impact into federation's public relations and developing some projects. But he will generally be just vice president, more of symbolic spot.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So wait . Would Jakilaitis be a good choice of not? I know nothing about the guy but his wiki page is petty impressive.

SF, I feel that your rhetorics regarding Balciunas vs Spokas are a bit flawed. That bit where you say - who is to say that Spokas is 100 percent clean ? Common man . If we can say about Balciunas is that he wasn't convicted hence innocent that's fine. But he was never popular on this forum way before that. But Spokas ?
              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                So wait . Would Jakilaitis be a good choice of not? I know nothing about the guy but his wiki page is petty impressive.
                If he will up to PR part, communication and etc then of course it's a good choice. He is really good at it, one of the most influential journalists in Lithuania, probably along with that Tapinas guy. Some people love them some hate them, but that's natural thing, more important that he is pro at what he is doing. Only thing why people got confused is that he is not from bball circles. Yeah I remember him among die hard Zalgiris fans beating drum in Hale in 90s, then he moved to Vilnius and was frequently seen in Rytas games in first VIP rows. But that's it. People were fooled by media's headlines that he is coming to federation as someone to work with basketball activities and etc. But that's not the case. We yet don't know all his possible duties, cause vice president occupation is smth new in federation, but it must me public relations the most, so overall it seems decent choice from Javtokas. Jakilaitis for communication, Kazlauskas for basketball. The most important thing tho is who is coming as general secretary. That's very important position. If it will be Leonavicius, well, I don't know. He is working in FIBA and is smart guy, but experience might be questionable

Comment

Auris, my point wasn't to compromise Spokas, rather than defend Balciunas a little bit, specially when such attitude towards the court has been expressed here. Not all people are happy about Spokas though.

Mindozas, we have vice presidents now as well. It's not something new. I also would have mixed feelings about Leonavicius, couple of years in FIBA might be not enough, he has been playing two years ago.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Auris, my point wasn't to compromise Spokas, rather than defend Balciunas a little bit, specially when such attitude towards the court has been expressed here. Not all people are happy about Spokas though.

Mindozas, we have vice presidents now as well. It's not something new. I also would have mixed feelings about Leonavicius, couple of years in FIBA might be not enough, he has been playing two years ago.

https://krepsinionamai.lt/lkf/vykdomasis-komitetas/
                    Never paid attention that they are officially vice presidents too. My bad. Probably thats just bureaucratic thing that such duties are must have in any organization. Anyway, I guess Kazlauskas and Jakilaitis might have a bit different roles, a bit more visible and more important, like real vice presidents should. We'll see

Comment

Daugybę metų pavyzdingai Lietuvos rinktinės kapitono raištį mūvėjęs Robertas Javtokas bando stverti į rankas nacionalinę krepšinio vėliavą. Kauno „Žalgirio“ sporto direktorius po...

Good read about Javtokas plans. Overall I like his points on junior bball, coaching problems, FIBA system, NT windows. And rumors has it that general secretary won't be someone from already rumored names, so maybe not Leonavicius afterall, but Javtokas said that guy with good knowledge of law and etc, which also suits Leonavicius. If not him, now I have no idea who it might be

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                        https://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/...u-875-1476836?

Good read about Javtokas plans. Overall I like his points on junior bball, coaching problems, FIBA system, NT windows. And rumors has it that general secretary won't be someone from already rumored names, so maybe not Leonavicius afterall, but Javtokas said that guy with good knowledge of law and etc, which also suits Leonavicius. If not him, now I have no idea who it might be
                        Dont understand one word of the source.

Comment

Looks pretty good. I like Javtokas as potential head of federation. I like how he talks about the issue I've been talking for years now, about how closed is this federation. But it's still a bit funny when Javtokas says Jaikilaitis is for "clearness". There's tons of controversy around him, tons. IMO, Javtokas made a mistake with this one because you can see from comments a lot of people are not thrilled about Jakilaitis and it's seems a bit like name hunting at this point.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Dont understand one word of the source.
                            Google translate doesn't help a bit? I'm too lazy to translate it all manually If you are interested in youngsters parts, then he thinks that we should not concentrate too much on results in youth bball, but more on individual development, for the sake of senior NT, which basically a thing current federation lately started to work on too, Zalgiris either. I think that's the right way to go. There's way too much concentration on results only in LT and then schools/coaches getting dividends only for that, but not for players they developed

Looks pretty good. I like Javtokas as potential head of federation. I like how he talks about the issue I've been talking for years now, about how closed is this federation. But it's still a bit funny when Javtokas says Jaikilaitis is for "clearness". There's tons of controversy around him, tons. IMO, Javtokas made a mistake with this one because you can see from comments a lot of people are not thrilled about Jakilaitis and it's seems a bit like name hunting at this point.

http://www.tiesos.lt/index.php/tinkl...res/spausdinti
                            You again say tons, but you add only two very questionable and unreliable sources to that I guess you are still fighting that Balciunas war or smth, to prove someone else is fishy too. Let it go Anyway, it doesn't matter much in this case. I see you simply confusing terms and things Javtokas is talking about. Not the clearness is a problem. Current federation is perfectly clear all its reign. Javtokas sees the problem in communication, these are two completely different things. He wants to be more open to media and public, be more active in all the social media, talk more about the things federation works on, not only about final results.

Comment

So Ramunas Butautas officially in the race for the head of federation (Sabonis might be in the puzzle, I guess as wise president).

I personally still wish Kaukenas would be in the game too. This guy would be 100% "clean", no shade of Kaunas, no shade of Žalgiris, absolutely no shade at all...just pure interest in Lithuanian basketball. And he's the guy who can unite Vilnius and Kaunas, probably could involve Rooney or maybe even some Macijauskas, have no idea how such figure as Rooney is completely off our federation TBH.

To me it goes like that:

1. Kaukėnas' team.
                              2. Javtokas' team.
                              3. Butautas team (but since Milasius and Sabonis will support him he probably snatches and we will have good old federation again).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

...have no idea how such figure as Rooney is completely off our federation TBH.
                                Strange indeed. Šarūnas Marčiulionis played a lead role in organizing the 1992 Lithuanian Olympic basketball team and founded the LKL, the first dedicated basketball academy for kids in Lithuania and the North European Basketball League in which Lithuania's best clubs competed. Yet some say he's not been involved in Lithuanian basketball.

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-28-2021, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information