No announcement yet.

LKF Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to win medal in Olympics is alot harder than in euro 2022 or wc 2023. There is a reason why ltu basketball last olympic medal was in 2000.

For simple reasons most nba players wants to play in Olympics and plays with big motivation in Olympics.

2022 and 2023 will the best chances for this 1992-1994 group .After 2024 Olympic our NT will start retool when main players will be changing little by little.

2022-2024 main 7-8 players is clear and we all now them.

I just happy Maskvytis got his group not too late when 1992-1994 players are still in their peak years.

My prediction with Maskvytis NT gonna comeback to playing 1/4 playoof games and win atleats one of them in 3 years.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-14-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      2022-2024 main 7-8 players is clear and we all now them.

I just happy Maskvytis got his group not too late when 1992-1994 players are still in their peak years.

My prediction with Maskvytis NT gonna comeback to playing 1/4 playoof games and win atleats one of them in 3 years.
      We permanently disagree on this, but now it's even more uncertain then in some other Olympic cycles.Previous Olympic cycle was very meh and there was little growth of talent. Like what did we have in 2017 as young players? Sabonis, Lekavicius and Grigonis. That's all. Now with new cycle, at 2022 we have much more young player knocking into the door. F.e. for such players as Kulboka, Sedekerskis 3 years may completely change their status, completely. From no-body they can work their ways to starters (or even keys) as 26/27yo in 2024 OG. Or I. Brazdeikis and A. Velicka will be 25yo, basically coming to their early prime. We do know that Jokubaitis and Tubelis will probably be important players (Jokubaitis certainly). Even players as D.Giedraitis and D. Sirvydis will be 24yo in 2024, very much good age to make NT. In other words, this cycle is radically different than previous, radically. Young talent pool is so much more superior, it's barely comparable. Hard to predict how much of them will make it, but we surely don't know our 7-8 main players of 2024 We do know that JV, Sabonis, Grigonis, Jokubaitis will be there among them if healthy. All others are more than movable...

Sure, to win medals in Olympics is much harder, but we are in situation when each year should add quite a lot in terms of our talent. I have no doubt that 2024 team will quite substantially stronger than 2022.

Your prediction is spot on. But I somehow sense the pessimistic scenario for 2022-2024 Olympic cycle. I feel that most likely we won't see medals again (very much hope to be wrong!). But I expect medals from 2025- 2028 Olympic cycle.
      Last edited by Straight forward; 09-14-2021, 04:32 PM.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I will not play you with same IF game again.

History already shown manny times how it works if you wanna believe that suddenly in 2 years like half NT team will change with younger players ok,i dont believe in that.Changes happens after Olympics not in Olympic year.

Coach will not play tough tournaments with one players in 2022 and 2023 and then in Olympic year change half of the main players will change...comon it doesnt work like that.With whom Maksvytis will start this 3 year run with those player he will finish + adding some fresh blood for role players roles.But main players will be same all these 3 years.

Those 28-32 old players is more trustable in those tournaments and always was for simple reasons they are mentally way tougher to handlle pressure situations.

Kazys knows that group very well since they were teenagers and will trust them till the end that may assumption.

When entire 1992 born champions group came to his place this summer to celebrate 10 years of winning last championship that only showed how those players feels about coach and gonna leave everything for him on the court. With such players attitude NT have a chance.

If Maksvytis wont be able to get something from that group (like reaching semifinal) it will only show that without atleats one real world class guard/creator its getting imposible to achieve anything in fiba tournaments how game is played now.

All recent semifinalist had atleast one on their roster Dragic/Doncic,Mills,Rubio,Decolo/Fournier,Campazzo, serbian Bogdanovich and so on that literally was deciding games on their individual greatness in 4 querters.
        Last edited by Shawshank; 09-15-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Bruh, you are wrong in so many aspects. You mentioning "history" all the time, but usually fail to track down sheer facts.

7 players changed between 2016 and 2021 "Olympic" rosters. 6 players changed between 2012 and 2016 Olympic teams. 7 players changed between 2008 and 2012 and so on. Literally half (or more) of the team changes.

Now, you say that who Maksvytis will take at the start of the cycle will also finish it. No, that's false. We see that Butkevicius, Dimsa, R. Giedraitis were not the part of 2017 team and later their status completely changed (while such as Juskevicius, Gecevicius, Milaknis and others gone). Even one year in basketball can be crucial and to change the picture of hierarchy. That's what you missing all the time I agree that 3-5 players are unmovable, but not freakin' 7-8. There's literally no idea who will be our main 8 players after 3 years.

Another thing. I don't speak about young players. Sedekerskis, Kulboka, Masiulis are not young players anymore. They are 23. Young player at best is under 22. But realistically, today it's under 20 (look at NBA drafts). Brazdeikis , Velicka (soon) as 22 are not young players any more. They already reached certain PRO level. In 2024 young player will be Matas Buzelis (generational talent) as 20yo and P. Murauskas. Players that I mention either now are not young players anymore or won't be in a year or two.

OT.

1992 generation is nothing special. It's JV and a bunch of role players who never made and never will make any substantial difference. If they won't bring you medals some other players or non existing players will be responsible for that? Cool story bruh...I have no idea why one solid FIBA player and couple of role players should bring us medals, seriously...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

BTW, to continue that argument 8 (fucking 8! ) players changed between 2004 and 2008. 7 players changed between 2000 and 2004. 8 players changed between 1996 and 2000. 7 players changed between 1992 and 1996.

Tell me more of your stories how history works and how you know 8 top players of 2024.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Balciunas extends Youth NTs preparation to 35 days. Will be interesting to see if that will give positive results.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information