Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kai sotto nba draft 2022 prediction

Who's the Head coach of Adelaide? Is he and Tab have connections? Is he good and better than Coach Shaw?

I 've seen your boy Kai play in every FIBA youth competition Philippines participated over the last few years. He is undoubtedly talented but without writing a long basketball analysis about him I predicted to either be undrafted this year or late second round after number 50 where teams take gambles or draft players for other reasons like marketing. For example Satnam Singh got drafted from the Dallas Mavericks and it was obvious that he couldn't play. You could just watch how he runs the floor and moves and you could easily reach the conclusion that he is not anywhere near the level of a NBA player or general a basketball player... He was just a huge stiff guy but he is Indian so Marc Cuban because the NBA (for me) is firstly money and marketing opportunities and secondary basketball drafted him with that in mind.

So based on that I could see some team drafting him after 50 for marketing purposes and also because in contrast to Singh he can actually play.

Now this year for the first time in his life he will play in a 5on5 official league setting against men, professional players, in a professional team environment which has coaches, plays, tactics and with referees. The workouts or the pickup 5on5 games that he played at the states are not very good evaluation of his actual abilities in real game situations and how he can be useful to a team. I think Kai looks really good when he workouts and plays 1on1,2on2, 3on3 against other players or 1 against no one and also playing in these pickup games, which are mainly to "break a sweat" they are not serious games even if professional players participate. But now things will be different.

Therefore I expect him to show glimpses or signs of potential especially on offence where he can easily score with many ways but generally struggle and get exposed mainly on defence where he has the most shortcomings. If he can overcome these, improve and have decent showings I can see him getting drafted at the second round somewhere in the 40s or 50s. But even if he doesn't get drafted I can see him playing at the G League and maybe picking up a 10 day contract here and there and playing a few NBA games which I think will be something fantastic for Philippines Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by arianinos View Post
    I 've seen your boy Kai play in every FIBA youth competition Philippines participated over the last few years. He is undoubtedly talented but without writing a long basketball analysis about him I predicted to either be undrafted this year or late second round after number 50 where teams take gambles or draft players for other reasons like marketing. For example Satnam Singh got drafted from the Dallas Mavericks and it was obvious that he couldn't play. You could just watch how he runs the floor and moves and you could easily reach the conclusion that he is not anywhere near the level of a NBA player or general a basketball player... He was just a huge stiff guy but he is Indian so Marc Cuban because the NBA (for me) is firstly money and marketing opportunities and secondary basketball drafted him with that in mind.

So based on that I could see some team drafting him after 50 for marketing purposes and also because in contrast to Singh he can actually play.

Now this year for the first time in his life he will play in a 5on5 official league setting against men, professional players, in a professional team environment which has coaches, plays, tactics and with referees. The workouts or the pickup 5on5 games that he played at the states are not very good evaluation of his actual abilities in real game situations and how he can be useful to a team. I think Kai looks really good when he workouts and plays 1on1,2on2, 3on3 against other players or 1 against no one and also playing in these pickup games, which are mainly to "break a sweat" they are not serious games even if professional players participate. But now things will be different.

Therefore I expect him to show glimpses or signs of potential especially on offence where he can easily score with many ways but generally struggle and get exposed mainly on defence where he has the most shortcomings. If he can overcome these, improve and have decent showings I can see him getting drafted at the second round somewhere in the 40s or 50s. But even if he doesn't get drafted I can see him playing at the G League and maybe picking up a 10 day contract here and there and playing a few NBA games which I think will be something fantastic for Philippines Basketball.
    Good thing is he not eligible for this years NBA draft, he will be however eligible for the NBA 2022 draft which gives him a year to develop in the NBL. His camp sighted that he just graduated High School this year 2021, NBA draft rules said that a player is only eligible a year after graduating HS

My Guess is in the NBA draft 2022 he will be drafted late 2nd round(51-60).
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Wait. WE CAN'T CHANGE OUR PREDICTION RIGHT???

HEHE.

Obviously, Kai's Performance in Gilas and NBL will show his draft stock.

But I would agree with most here. Late First at best, MId Second at worst
    Opinions are subject to change. Let's just update as the time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Who's the Head coach of Adelaide? Is he and Tab have connections? Is he good and better than Coach Shaw?
    havent watched NBL this season but based on my friend who follows the 36ers, team has a solid front court so Kai would really need to prove himself during practice to get mins. i am actually hoping Giddey wont join the draft this year because I think Kai will look better playing with a passer like him. that is, if he gets substantial mins. skillwise im 100% sure kaya sumabay. but doing well enough and showing consistency against players who are already doing well is different. so hopefully he does well when he is given the chance.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

next season pa naman. lots of time to get stronger and play some more international games to remove his rust.

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Part of the network , 36ers GM is same contact... of Mark Dickel (A tab understudy) who arranged tune up games with Gilas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJWmE-1kwi0

without naming , someone in 36ers is actually related (distance) with someone in EWP..

Apparently, Looks like it was Joel Bell who has a lot of contacts with NBL teams. According to him for all the offers it was Adelaide who made a good one. Including, allowing him to play in National Team, a very good development program, he mentioned a top notch skills and strength trainer, and will surely give him ample playing time. He even mentioned Russia, "And Australia is only 8 hours away to Manila compare to Russia".

Quote Originally Posted by ZIMATAR View Post
    Apparently, Looks like it was Joel Bell who has a lot of contacts with NBL teams. According to him for all the offers it was Adelaide who made a good one. Including, allowing him to play in National Team, a very good development program, he mentioned a top notch skills and strength trainer, and will surely give him ample playing time. He even mentioned Russia, "And Australia is only 8 hours away to Manila compare to Russia".
    probably means they considered playing in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    probably means they considered playing in Russia.
    yep, and there could be an offer as well.

These were my original predictions back then when we all assumed Kai was going to be eligible for the 2021 draft:

But since we never got to see Kai play in a single G league game nor in any official FIBA-Gilas seniors game yet or in any actual officiated 5 on 5 competition in over a year..... so my prediction still stands FOR NOW.

So I'll revise my quote in the second picture above, instead of 10 G league games, I'll have to see how Kai fares in 10 NBL games before I make any adjustments to my 2022 draft stock for him, so for now still a late second-rounder at best to undrafted but signed contract at worst. Pero again I truly believe for Kai there is nowhere else to go but up from my prediction. For me it all depends now on his NBL showing, all eyes will be on him.

Based on what he has done in FIBA play and as of present with no 5 x 5 play - undrafted

But I reserve the right to give another assessment after his NBL stint

At the moment late 2nd round to undrafted with a two way contract, however after NBL definitely should go up. Better assessment would be after a couple of games

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    We still need to watch him on a live game even one time before we make an assumption..
    Correct. Some fans here are getting high expectations that kai will have fantasy stats in nbl. Hoopjunkie and his wards are shifting from gleague ignite to adelaide 36ers lol. Nbl and 36ers page are flooded with likes coz of that kai effect lol.
    What more is kai will not meet the expectations? I’ll reckon some posters here to just temper your expectations...
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    Correct. Some fans here are getting high expectations that kai will have fantasy stats in nbl. Hoopjunkie and his wards are shifting from gleague ignite to adelaide 36ers lol. Nbl and 36ers page are flooded with likes coz of that kai effect lol.
    What more is kai will not meet the expectations? I’ll reckon some posters here to just temper your expectations...
    I'm thinking Thirdy Ravena-esque numbers or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    Let's hope people don't "attack" NBLs and the 36ers socmed accounts like they did Ignite's and the Gleague's..

its a prediction thread. whoever predicts it correctly as early as now will gain the bragging rights to say 'I told you" one or 2 years from now. It does not make one an expert (just good in long-term prediction).

so basically the predictions now are pre-NBL predictions which we can revisit once we are ready for the post-NBL prediction.

Late 1st to 2nd round Pick

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    its a prediction thread. whoever predicts it correctly as early as now will gain the bragging rights to say 'I told you" one or 2 years from now. It does not make one an expert (just good in long-term prediction).

so basically the predictions now are pre-NBL predictions which we can revisit once we are ready for the post-NBL prediction.
    bragging rights lang? would be fun if money is involved hahaha
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Let's hope people don't "attack" NBLs and the 36ers socmed accounts like they did Ignite's and the Gleague's..
    And hope they are ready to see Kai possibly coming in as a role player. Just a reminder, it is Kai that should adjust not the league adjusting to Kai

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast