No announcement yet.

Euroleague 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moerman, (aged)Dunston and Petrusev(in Efes case. not overall)are junk players.

Singleton is the only decent guy(I would even say great) in Efes's frontcourt

Comment

Larkin and Micic are worth of 6.7 - 7 milion, every cent

Add to that Simon and Singleton 2-3 milions, which is ok.

But what about rest of the team, 11 milions for mediocre players like Moerman, Dunston, Tuncer, Tolga etc. Average more then 1 milion. What a waste of money

Just one look at the F4 stat(or even better watching final game) is enough to see who won the title for Efes. They should give 7 milions to Larkin and Micic, rest of the team isn't worth more then 7 milions

Comment

An easy win for Maccabi against the (theoretically) main Israeli opponent, Hapoel Jerusalem (cup semifinals).

It is clear why Sferopoulos insisted on obtaining Nunnally, he loves his crazy pressure against opponent's ball handler.

At last he has decent sfs, height around 2m able to defend and shoot over the defender's hands. This lethal hole has been covered. Moreover he has a C that he can offensively exploit (Reynolds).

These are the key players for the season, if they don't get injured or covid affected final 8 is still very difficult but there is some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
          An easy win for Maccabi against the (theoretically) main Israeli opponent, Hapoel Jerusalem (cup semifinals).

It is clear why Sferopoulos insisted on obtaining Nunnally, he loves his crazy pressure against opponent's ball handler.

At last he has decent sfs, height around 2m able to defend and shoot over the defender's hands. This lethal hole has been covered. Moreover he has a C that he can offensively exploit (Reynolds).

These are the key players for the season, if they don't get injured or covid affected final 8 is still very difficult but there is some hope.
          I wouldn't call it easy win, but taking in account that Maccabi is still very rusty, it was good game.
          I agree that Nunnaly is definitely an asset in defence. I would also mention (not much commentators did) Oz Blayzer - he didn't score much, but showed very good defensive work.
          Now, Reynolds, just wow, Maccabi should give big bouquet of flowers to Trinchieri next Thursday. And while Jerusalems front line was pathetic, and we definitely need to see how Jaylen will hold against EL opponents, he definitely wasn't hole in defence as well.

I also want to mention good work on both sides that Ziv and Sorkin (solid, nice, reliable) did. I hope that Ziv injury isn't serious.

Overall, we have a lot to work to do, and lot to prove, but I do like what I saw, and I'm hopeful.
          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

I beleive that Maccabi and Olympiacos will return in final 8 with style.....

Comment

I don't know what are arguments for returning Maccabi in quarter-finals ? Maybe even weaker squad than last year and not enough compact. Olympiacos could return, I think they will do that, despite obvious problems on pre-season games,what probably means slowly entrance in season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                I don't know what are arguments for returning Maccabi in quarter-finals ? Maybe even weaker squad than last year and not enough compact. Olympiacos could return, I think they will do that, despite obvious problems on pre-season games,what probably means slowly entrance in season.
                Weaker? It is surely stronger, without the inexistent casspi, zoosman, bender and without Dorsey, a player that searches his 3pt shot maniacally damaging the team. Now there are good and less skilled players but no one seems so problematic.

Still there is some hope only if the crowd is present for the whole season. It depends on covid situation and also on Israeli government.

Comment

I dont believe in Maccabi though there are much weaker teams so playoffs from 7-8 spot are possible. Olympiacos is still much stronger and has more chemistry than Maccabi.

Comment

Weaker? It is surely stronger, without the inexistent casspi, zoosman, bender and without Dorsey, a player that searches his 3pt shot maniacally damaging the team. Now there are good and less skilled players but no one seems so problematic.

Still there is some hope only if the crowd is present for the whole season. It depends on covid situation and also on Israeli government.
                    Dorsey and Zoosman had important role in season they were 4th or 5th on Covid19 break. I don't understand how Maccabi now has less skilled player but is surely stronger? Also, I don't understand in what sense they were problematic ?

Comment

I don't think current team is less skilled than one from last year. And we not talking player to player replacement. Overall sum of talent is bigger even if we lost some.But let's assume that Nunnaly brought instead of Zuss, who the hell gonna say it is bad replacement? Kameron Taylor instead of Dorcey - this one is a bit questionable, but we getting better defence, steals, a bit bigger size, a bit less 3p%, but not much, and it won't be his job to score a lot anyway. Jaylen Reynolds instead of Hunter - better middle range shot, better technique under the basket, and, with some effort, very decent defence, and he is a whole lot younger. We got Williams instead of Bender, anybody can agree it's improvement. We added Ziv and Sorkin, also improvement, we got Cohen back, which is improvement over not having any backup.
                      Only person from last season I miss is Bryant, but he left to NBA, to get frigging ring.
                      We still have to see how it all works together, especially now, that Zizic got injured. But overall the team is more talented than last year.

P.S. Zuss two years ago is not Zuss last year - he was injured twice. Nevertheless, Maccabi did want him, but he decided to go.

P.P.S.I waited a bit with opinion on Evans, until last game against Elat, but he surely is better than Jones Especially when he has his hair loose.
                      Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 09-27-2021, 12:34 AM.
                      Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

Are there preparation games stats available anywhere at one place?
                        NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
                        Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
                        If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                          Dorsey and Zoosman had important role in season they were 4th or 5th on Covid19 break. I don't understand how Maccabi now has less skilled player but is surely stronger? Also, I don't understand in what sense they were problematic ?
                          How problematic? Zuss last season was indecisive, couldn't score. Dorsey was a hole in defence, most of the time. His scoring was inconsistent, may be not entirely his fault, but still.
                          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
                            How problematic? Zuss last season was indecisive, couldn't score. Dorsey was a hole in defence, most of the time. His scoring was inconsistent, may be not entirely his fault, but still.
                            In my opinion apart from defensive problem the mistake was pairing Wilbekin with Dorsey, both of them try continously the best situation for a 3pt shot with little movement without the ball. Dorsey was supposed to obtain Israeli citizenship, it didn't happen and he remained as a foreigner. A wrong choice.

So after Udoh (virtus Bologna) another player (Zizic) gets seriously injured because he slipped on a sticker. This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable. What is the utility of those bloody stickers, why it's impossible to eliminate them?
                            Last edited by ronmercer80; 09-26-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

In my opinion apart from defensive problem the mistake was pairing Wilbekin with Dorsey, both of them try continously the best situation for a 3pt shot with little movement without the ball. Dorsey was supposed to obtain Israeli citizenship, it didn't happen and he remained as a foreigner. A wrong choice.

So after Udoh (armani) another player (Zizic) gets seriously injured because he slipped on a sticker. This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable. What is the utility of those bloody stickers, why it's impossible to eliminate them?
                              agreed about stickers

..even if udoh is not an Armani player..
                              EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

At Thursday starts Euroleague, IBN Predcition should be open two or three day before because on beginning many forget to pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information