Euroleague 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mudiay is projected to be a solid defender. Grigonis is not a good defender. When he wants it, he can play some D, but generally he has to choose one side, he's too soft to be 2 ways.
    Mudiay needs at least 3 month to play more than 10 minutes. Risky signing and compared to those guy I mentioned Grigonis is Kawhi Leonard of 7 years ago. Nowadays he doesnt care much about defending.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
      It looked horrible but there is nothing official yet. He may be ready for 2-3 months.

Anyway huge handicap for Zvezda. This team reminds me on the season 2016/17, huge defensive potential with a lot basketball IQ. We could be a big surprise with some decent add to PF/C position.
      He broke left hand and will be treatened in Munich. I suppose 2-3 months out. Huge blow.

Comment

Smailagic is a wild baller...A walking highlight machine.

@Toruko

You won't see much of post up isolations for Petrusev because that is not a part of Efes' offensive scheme and they don't need it at all. All of their big men are not post up players and that was never their task on offense. Efes' offense is presumed on three ballhandlers in Micic, Larkin and Simon. Everything else is spacing, sharing, and p&r. I don't argue that Petrusev is going to set Euroleague on fire but I'm pretty sure he can step into Sanli's shoes immediately. In fact, he can expand Sanli's role with his athleticism and coordination around the rim, and also ability to put the ball on the floor and attack from closeouts on straight line driving. As for shooting, I don't see a problem there. His release and quickness are fine for a big man IMO. 15 minutes per game at start seems reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
          Smailagic is a wild baller...A walking highlight machine.

@Toruko

You won't see much of post up isolations for Petrusev because that is not a part of Efes' offensive scheme and they don't need it at all. All of their big men are not post up players and that was never their task on offense. Efes' offense is presumed on three ballhandlers in Micic, Larkin and Simon. Everything else is spacing, sharing, and p&r. I don't argue that Petrusev is going to set Euroleague on fire but I'm pretty sure he can step into Sanli's shoes immediately. In fact, he can expand Sanli's role with his athleticism and coordination around the rim, and also ability to put the ball on the floor and attack from closeouts on straight line driving. As for shooting, I don't see a problem there. His release and quickness are fine for a big man IMO. 15 minutes per game at start seems reasonable to me.
          Well, its correct that Efes doesnt play many post ups but its also not like they dont do it at all. Dunston mostly creates for himself from post up situations. I would rather say that Dunston is more of a post up player than a rolling big man. If there is no much space he likes to roll short and passes to cutting guys if there is space he also likes to dunk but this is really seldom. Petrusev could fill a similar role as a short roller and rolling big man. He is fairly swift. I just need to watch him in games where are serious contact. The Efes backcourt will give him much room to operate.

Comment

Guduric, Biberovic, Shayok, Birsen. I really am curious who will win the competition among them. I really expect a breakout season of Biberovic. He just needs to improve his defense.

Comment

Fenerbahce showed very well image. Management and supporters, on every level showed excellent manners. With acknowledgements of members of former head staff, every kind of ovation and tributes for Obradovic, that leaves extraordinary impression out. Many clubs in Europe that misses, on many places looks like sterile and lifeless.

Comment

I liked a lot what I've seen from Bayern yesterday. This wll be a very good team again this year. I suppose they will go all in after moving to their new gym in 2023. Future European powerhouse, it's simply like that. They are too well organized.

Comment

Any Efes- Zalgiris links?

Even though Mudiay and Strelnieks out, so basically Zalgiris without starting guards...
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Even though Mudiay and Strelnieks out, so basically Zalgiris without starting guards...
                    You really want to watch this massacre?

Comment

https://en7.sportplus.live/basketball/889991/2550049/

Not a high quality, but works somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                        https://en7.sportplus.live/basketball/889991/2550049/

Not a high quality, but works somehow...
                        Thanks, I found exactly this myself, LOL

Ulanovas at the point...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I am disappointed with last night game and especially with Djordjevic.

I hoped he will be smart enough to give bench and towel role to Melih but game is gone to 'captain' promotion of his idiotic skills, dropping the ball during shoot for instance.

I can't wait for Guduric to come back just to avoid watching this idiot in future and more important games

Comment

Solid defense of Zalgiris getting 50 points in one half

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                              Solid defense of Zalgiris getting 50 points in one half
                              Rough pre-season for Zalgiris. Mudiay, Ulanovas, Stelnieks are all not 100% ready, far from that. Now Kalnietis is banged up as well. Also it's very worrysome whenever Zalgiris will still get anything from Milaknis, Jankuanas. These vets became even more slow. If Mudiay and Strelnieks will stay healthy and mesh together, Zalgiris probably should be OK more or less, but if not the whole puzzle my collapse. It's very fragile roster now when you think about it.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I guess I can order my final four tickets in Berlin now. Good game of Efes. Just another rebounding center for Moerman would have been better but Ataman said that they could react afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information