No announcement yet.

Euroleague 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efes is playing against Tofas in the first game of the Gloria Cup in Antalya. Petrusev is unfortunately not ready for Euroleague it seems. Tons of positioning mistakes, contact in the low post is there but his second moves cause always fouls. His rolling habits are solid always available for the pass and touch around the rim doesnt look half bad.

Comment

Zalgiris lost to a weak Tofas with 71:57. Mudiay looked like he needs 3 month to get in shape. He looked tired after 10 minutes. Its a very weak team defensively. The hard game of Zalgiris wont be happening in the form we know anymore. I think the biggest concern after Mudiay is the creation of the wings. Very limited guys...

Comment

Efes destroyed Kuban and played a certain time perfect transition bb.

Comment

For the first time in last couple of seasons I don't see clear favorite for the title.

If Pangos came I would say CSKA is a step ahead, but without him they are maybe the best but not that much.

Efes made a mistake with Sanli, but they are still among top3 teams.

Fener is maybe stronger then last season but just because Djordjevic is here. Problem is that he will have to work with Kokoskov's selection of players. Weird man that Kokoskov...

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            And Petrusev looks very good again.

Comment

I read your previous comment about Petrusev and I think you are jumping to conclusions, way too soon.

Petrusev dominated Lokomotiv whether it was low post, transition or p&r. If Ataman's idea is to give Petrusev Sanli's role at first (which seems like that) then it's quite obvious that Petrusev is going to boost Efes' offense to even higher level with Micic and Larkin. If Larkin gets healthy and regain his form, that offensive rating for Efes is going to be wild. Petrusev's defensive weaknesses are nowhere near that damaging comparing to what he brings on offense, and are quite correctable with time and experience. He is not there to replace Dunston on defense, he is there to provide what Sanli did for Efes last season on offense, with exception that Petrusev is even more talented than Sanli and I think will be way more dangerous weapon. Might struggle at first, but material is there, prep games are showing that clearly. Also, definitely becoming more physical, getting into contact more often.

Comment

Zalgiris lost to a weak Tofas with 71:57. Mudiay looked like he needs 3 month to get in shape. He looked tired after 10 minutes. Its a very weak team defensively. The hard game of Zalgiris wont be happening in the form we know anymore. I think the biggest concern after Mudiay is the creation of the wings. Very limited guys...
                Zalgiris barely lost much defensive impact compared to last season. The only serious loss is Hayes at 4. But at the same time Zalgiris improved 3 position with Ulanovas, Giffey which was non existant nearly last season.

Regarding creation, I surely agree. To lose Walkup, Jokubaitis, Grigonis is a lot and Mudiay, Strielniks, Kalnietis won't cover that. But Zalgiris improved shooting at 4 with Cavanaugh and maybe even Giffey.

The way I see it, this team is more or less the same defensively (or just slightly worse), better at shooting and worse in creation.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Monaco seems to be the kind of team that will rely heavily on three point shooting, one of those unpredictable teams.

Comment

it seems that aaron white finished his season with broken hand as it seems, after idiot okaro push him in air

Comment

Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
                      I read your previous comment about Petrusev and I think you are jumping to conclusions, way too soon.

Petrusev dominated Lokomotiv whether it was low post, transition or p&r. If Ataman's idea is to give Petrusev Sanli's role at first (which seems like that) then it's quite obvious that Petrusev is going to boost Efes' offense to even higher level with Micic and Larkin. If Larkin gets healthy and regain his form, that offensive rating for Efes is going to be wild. Petrusev's defensive weaknesses are nowhere near that damaging comparing to what he brings on offense, and are quite correctable with time and experience. He is not there to replace Dunston on defense, he is there to provide what Sanli did for Efes last season on offense, with exception that Petrusev is even more talented than Sanli and I think will be way more dangerous weapon. Might struggle at first, but material is there, prep games are showing that clearly. Also, definitely becoming more physical, getting into contact more often.
                      He is talented. There is no doubt about it but I am not sure if he will have this offensive impact that we expect. He surely gets a problem with contact. His stepping and making himself available as a rolling big is great. His shot is way too slow right now. In this point he isnt near Sanli level right now but i want to see him posting up against serious guys in serious games but I agree in time hell be good but this part Efes shouldnt care much.

My projected role for him would be 10-15 minutes in Euroleague games in the second or third quarter. His role can grow with development of course but there still is Singleton who can help out on five.

Comment

I think we will see Smailagic with Euroleague playoff teams very soon. Unexpectedly mobile guy, really surprising performance.

Comment

Zalgiris barely lost much defensive impact compared to last season. The only serious loss is Hayes at 4. But at the same time Zalgiris improved 3 position with Ulanovas, Giffey which was non existant nearly last season.
                          If you look at the backcourt of Zalgiris there is nobody who can be called a solid defender. An overaged walking TO machine Kalnietis, a defensively non existent Lekavicius, Strelnieks or Giffey are all bad to very bad defenders and cant replace guys like Grigonis and Walkup. I mean it was clear Zalgiris cant replace them but with all needed respect Kuban was more of an EL team than Zalgiris.

Comment

I hope we will go for James, now when he is (officially)free agent. Djordjevic could work with him

Him and De Colo would be duo we need

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
                              it seems that aaron white finished his season with broken hand as it seems, after idiot okaro push him in air
                              It looked horrible but there is nothing official yet. He may be ready for 2-3 months.

Anyway huge handicap for Zvezda. This team reminds me on the season 2016/17, huge defensive potential with a lot basketball IQ. We could be a big surprise with some decent add to PF/C position.

Comment

If you look at the backcourt of Zalgiris there is nobody who can be called a solid defender. An overaged walking TO machine Kalnietis, a defensively non existent Lekavicius, Strelnieks or Giffey are all bad to very bad defenders and cant replace guys like Grigonis and Walkup. I mean it was clear Zalgiris cant replace them but with all needed respect Kuban was more of an EL team than Zalgiris.
                                Mudiay is projected to be a solid defender. Grigonis is not a good defender. When he wants it, he can play some D, but generally he has to choose one side, he's too soft to be 2 ways.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information