Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

Thread: Euroleague 21/22

  1. #61
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    We are still riding on the wings of Obradovic's players, De Colo, Vesely, Guduric

    Kokoskov didn't made one single great transfer and he brought more then 10 players. I am realy mad about that

    Last season there was maybe excuse because we were late on the market and cut budget. But this season there is no explanation for such idiotic transfers

    The only bright side is that this time Turkish players are more or less decent

  2. #62
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Kokoskov didn't made one single great transfer and he brought more then 10 players.
    That really is quite a legacy.

  3. #63
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    That really is quite a legacy.
    For instance just Polonara had at least 4 bricks today, I stop counting after that. He supposed to be the main signing

    What to expect then from others?

    btw Monaco grabed maybe the 2nd best player in competition.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    For instance just Polonara had at least 4 bricks today, I stop counting after that. He supposed to be the main signing

    What to expect then from others?

    btw Monaco grabed maybe the 2nd best player in competition.
    I read that Bobby's departure was finally announced a couple of days ago. Wilbekin will be relieved.

    Who impressed you from Monaco? Unless we're talking about Mike James?

  5. #65
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I read that Bobby's departure was finally announced a couple of days ago. Wilbekin will be relieved.

    Who impressed you from Monaco? Unless we're talking about Mike James?
    James of course, who else

    Between genius on the court with head issues and nice gay without basketball knowledge and skillset, I will always pick the first one.

    Rarity are players like De Colo with both atributes.

  6. #66
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Hazer didn't improve his shoot at all during summer. That is big shame for such young and talented player.

    Without shooting ability he will finish as mediocre ex-talented player like many others in the past. I can't believe he is so stupid to not use one time life opportunity.

  7. #67
    Senior Member EverGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Republic of Panathinaikos
    Posts
    4,390

    Default

    Green highlights from PAO's win over Efes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltc3Itbwt0w&t=201s
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

    Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

    Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

    When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,519
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Green highlights from PAO's win over Efes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltc3Itbwt0w&t=201s
    Well, Efes made like 10 games in 14 days and the team plays with some Turkish players who are not ready or wont be ready to play EL. Dogus Balbay was a total loss, Tuncer despite his lack of defense had a good game. Gecim should have been sent this summer. Never wil be able to handle EL intensity.

    The main problem is the big rotation. Moerman looks like half dead. He will be sent away after couple of time i guess. Dunston doesnt look of 30% of the old one. He should be staying till the end but this is his last season. Petrusev was totally lost on the defensive end but this was expected. This big rotation is not enough. Efes must sign a big during the season doesnt matter if the others stay or go.

    Saybir has shown some progress so far. Defense looks pretty solid and although his offense is still too restricted he can handle the intensity. Will be a fierce fight for minutes against Moerman.

  9. #69
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    I am not sure Larkin and Micic will manage to compensate lack of quality in frontcourt this time.

    Last season Sanli filled many gaps(Moerman and Dunston first of all), but now with Petrusev there is one more gap to cover. Dunston, Petrusev and Moerman will sink Efes's boat very soon. Singleton alone isn't enough to keep them in the race.
    Last edited by janketa; 09-20-2021 at 01:51 PM.

  10. #70
    Senior Member EverGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Republic of Panathinaikos
    Posts
    4,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well, Efes made like 10 games in 14 days and the team plays with some Turkish players who are not ready or wont be ready to play EL. Dogus Balbay was a total loss, Tuncer despite his lack of defense had a good game. Gecim should have been sent this summer. Never wil be able to handle EL intensity.

    The main problem is the big rotation. Moerman looks like half dead. He will be sent away after couple of time i guess. Dunston doesnt look of 30% of the old one. He should be staying till the end but this is his last season. Petrusev was totally lost on the defensive end but this was expected. This big rotation is not enough. Efes must sign a big during the season doesnt matter if the others stay or go.

    Saybir has shown some progress so far. Defense looks pretty solid and although his offense is still too restricted he can handle the intensity. Will be a fierce fight for minutes against Moerman.
    Apart from missing 4 starters, Efes did look gassed truth be told. But still they put out a decent side and we challenged and fought well. Sure it's just a friendly but some good things have come out for PAO in our last 3 games (Virtus, Partizan and Efes).

    We're definitely more aggressive and more athletic in defence (White, Evans and Floyd) are good defenders whilst Perry may be small but he's aggressive on the ball. We seem a more balanced side than last year. Mitoglou leaving is a blow but he can be covered by White and Evans. Papapetrou is playing the best ball of his career but with Hezonja..they kind of clashed game wise. We have better guards than last year although we're missing a "pass-first" point guard which we're scouring the market to find. I was expecting us to be bottom 3 of the EL but the OAKA with fans boosts PAO and gives the players wings so I believe we'll do better than that. Top 8..very unlikely as things stand.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

    Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

    Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

    When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

  11. #71
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    There was rumor as I remember about Tobey and Efes. I don't know what happened in the meantime, but he was ideal replacement for Sanli

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    238
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    When will be posted Euroleague IBN Predictions?

  13. #73
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Mike James scoreed 22pts in debut with Monaco(source Eurohoops)

    I am just thinking how much scored our big transfers like Polonara and Henry

    Thank you Gherardini and Kokoskov for ingenious transfers and for opportunity to destroy this club and delete it from the basketball map for long time

  14. #74
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,767
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Maccabi just played first official game(second overall, because of COVID). They won 87:68 Maccabi Rishon Le Zion. Still not in full roster, Wilbekin, Williams and Reynolds were out, but likely will play in next game against Hapoel Jerusalem.

    First impressions - Maccabi is quite rusty, and didn't do much defence in first quarter. Opponent was not very good either. In second quarter Maccabi did very good pressure in defence, finally they have something pretty close to glorious Pargo/Perkins days. Three point shooting was pretty bad, despite 3/3 in the beginning, but I'm not worried about it. Under the basket Maccabi were good, but we"ll have to see how it works with better teams.

    For individual players: Zizic looked good, less heavy, and looks like he lost some weight over the summer. Ziv was good, on both sides, decisive offence, 6 assists, again hope he will prove himself in EL too. Nunnely didn't get too much looks from the 3p, but was very good in defence. Evans also not bad, got better in second half, he's still adjusting from his role of main scorer. Taylor- still enigma, but also got better towards the end. Sorkin was pretty good either, fast, very good moves under the basket.

    That all, for first impressions, we"ll have to wait and see how it works.

    Oh, and on another topic - can anybody do something about this POS spammer who is littering the forum with his stupid posts???
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 09-23-2021 at 06:54 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,519
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    There are things that I dont like about Ataman and also things that I respect. He is always very open about issues that he likes and doesnt like...

    According to Ataman Shane Larkin and Micic sacrificed of their salaries in order to keep the team together. The net players budget of the team is 21 million Euro and the whole budget increased to 29-30 million Euros

    He said additionally: " Pleiss and Singleton didnt play in the game against PAO but I wasnt very happy about the performances of our bigs. Except the good performance of our young guy Yigitcan Saybir the guys made me forced to think about other options."

    He really thinks the same way as I do.

  16. #76
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Moerman, (aged)Dunston and Petrusev(in Efes case. not overall)are junk players.

    Singleton is the only decent guy(I would even say great) in Efes's frontcourt

  17. #77
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,613

    Default

    Larkin and Micic are worth of 6.7 - 7 milion, every cent

    Add to that Simon and Singleton 2-3 milions, which is ok.

    But what about rest of the team, 11 milions for mediocre players like Moerman, Dunston, Tuncer, Tolga etc. Average more then 1 milion. What a waste of money

    Just one look at the F4 stat(or even better watching final game) is enough to see who won the title for Efes. They should give 7 milions to Larkin and Micic, rest of the team isn't worth more then 7 milions

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    900
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    An easy win for Maccabi against the (theoretically) main Israeli opponent, Hapoel Jerusalem (cup semifinals).

    It is clear why Sferopoulos insisted on obtaining Nunnally, he loves his crazy pressure against opponent's ball handler.

    At last he has decent sfs, height around 2m able to defend and shoot over the defender's hands. This lethal hole has been covered. Moreover he has a C that he can offensively exploit (Reynolds).

    These are the key players for the season, if they don't get injured or covid affected final 8 is still very difficult but there is some hope.

  19. #79
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,767
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    An easy win for Maccabi against the (theoretically) main Israeli opponent, Hapoel Jerusalem (cup semifinals).

    It is clear why Sferopoulos insisted on obtaining Nunnally, he loves his crazy pressure against opponent's ball handler.

    At last he has decent sfs, height around 2m able to defend and shoot over the defender's hands. This lethal hole has been covered. Moreover he has a C that he can offensively exploit (Reynolds).

    These are the key players for the season, if they don't get injured or covid affected final 8 is still very difficult but there is some hope.
    I wouldn't call it easy win, but taking in account that Maccabi is still very rusty, it was good game.
    I agree that Nunnaly is definitely an asset in defence. I would also mention (not much commentators did) Oz Blayzer - he didn't score much, but showed very good defensive work.
    Now, Reynolds, just wow, Maccabi should give big bouquet of flowers to Trinchieri next Thursday. And while Jerusalems front line was pathetic, and we definitely need to see how Jaylen will hold against EL opponents, he definitely wasn't hole in defence as well.

    I also want to mention good work on both sides that Ziv and Sorkin (solid, nice, reliable) did. I hope that Ziv injury isn't serious.

    Overall, we have a lot to work to do, and lot to prove, but I do like what I saw, and I'm hopeful.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  20. #80
    Member zubitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    99
    Country: Greece

    Default

    I beleive that Maccabi and Olympiacos will return in final 8 with style.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •