Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Euroleague 21/22

I don't know what are arguments for returning Maccabi in quarter-finals ? Maybe even weaker squad than last year and not enough compact. Olympiacos could return, I think they will do that, despite obvious problems on pre-season games,what probably means slowly entrance in season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    I don't know what are arguments for returning Maccabi in quarter-finals ? Maybe even weaker squad than last year and not enough compact. Olympiacos could return, I think they will do that, despite obvious problems on pre-season games,what probably means slowly entrance in season.
    Weaker? It is surely stronger, without the inexistent casspi, zoosman, bender and without Dorsey, a player that searches his 3pt shot maniacally damaging the team. Now there are good and less skilled players but no one seems so problematic.

Still there is some hope only if the crowd is present for the whole season. It depends on covid situation and also on Israeli government.

I dont believe in Maccabi though there are much weaker teams so playoffs from 7-8 spot are possible. Olympiacos is still much stronger and has more chemistry than Maccabi.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Weaker? It is surely stronger, without the inexistent casspi, zoosman, bender and without Dorsey, a player that searches his 3pt shot maniacally damaging the team. Now there are good and less skilled players but no one seems so problematic.

Still there is some hope only if the crowd is present for the whole season. It depends on covid situation and also on Israeli government.
    Dorsey and Zoosman had important role in season they were 4th or 5th on Covid19 break. I don't understand how Maccabi now has less skilled player but is surely stronger? Also, I don't understand in what sense they were problematic ?

I don't think current team is less skilled than one from last year. And we not talking player to player replacement. Overall sum of talent is bigger even if we lost some.But let's assume that Nunnaly brought instead of Zuss, who the hell gonna say it is bad replacement? Kameron Taylor instead of Dorcey - this one is a bit questionable, but we getting better defence, steals, a bit bigger size, a bit less 3p%, but not much, and it won't be his job to score a lot anyway. Jaylen Reynolds instead of Hunter - better middle range shot, better technique under the basket, and, with some effort, very decent defence, and he is a whole lot younger. We got Williams instead of Bender, anybody can agree it's improvement. We added Ziv and Sorkin, also improvement, we got Cohen back, which is improvement over not having any backup.
    Only person from last season I miss is Bryant, but he left to NBA, to get frigging ring.
    We still have to see how it all works together, especially now, that Zizic got injured. But overall the team is more talented than last year.

P.S. Zuss two years ago is not Zuss last year - he was injured twice. Nevertheless, Maccabi did want him, but he decided to go.

P.P.S.I waited a bit with opinion on Evans, until last game against Elat, but he surely is better than Jones Especially when he has his hair loose.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 09-27-2021 at 12:34 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Are there preparation games stats available anywhere at one place?
    NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
    Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
    If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja95 View Post
    Dorsey and Zoosman had important role in season they were 4th or 5th on Covid19 break. I don't understand how Maccabi now has less skilled player but is surely stronger? Also, I don't understand in what sense they were problematic ?
    How problematic? Zuss last season was indecisive, couldn't score. Dorsey was a hole in defence, most of the time. His scoring was inconsistent, may be not entirely his fault, but still.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    How problematic? Zuss last season was indecisive, couldn't score. Dorsey was a hole in defence, most of the time. His scoring was inconsistent, may be not entirely his fault, but still.
    In my opinion apart from defensive problem the mistake was pairing Wilbekin with Dorsey, both of them try continously the best situation for a 3pt shot with little movement without the ball. Dorsey was supposed to obtain Israeli citizenship, it didn't happen and he remained as a foreigner. A wrong choice.

So after Udoh (virtus Bologna) another player (Zizic) gets seriously injured because he slipped on a sticker. This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable. What is the utility of those bloody stickers, why it's impossible to eliminate them?
    Last edited by ronmercer80; 09-26-2021 at 02:26 PM.

In my opinion apart from defensive problem the mistake was pairing Wilbekin with Dorsey, both of them try continously the best situation for a 3pt shot with little movement without the ball. Dorsey was supposed to obtain Israeli citizenship, it didn't happen and he remained as a foreigner. A wrong choice.

So after Udoh (armani) another player (Zizic) gets seriously injured because he slipped on a sticker. This is absolutely ridiculous, unacceptable. What is the utility of those bloody stickers, why it's impossible to eliminate them?
    agreed about stickers

..even if udoh is not an Armani player..
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

At Thursday starts Euroleague, IBN Predcition should be open two or three day before because on beginning many forget to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    agreed about stickers

..even if udoh is not an Armani player..
    I remember Aaron Jackson complaining about the stickers several years ago. It's difficult to believe they are still persisting with them.

Maccabi just won their first title this season - Wiinner league Cup trashing Hapoel Elat 92 to 62. It wasn't as easy, as result shows, but overall it was good game.
    Nunnaly(19 points) Reynolds, Evans (11 p, 4 steals) and Sorkin (16 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks) were very good.It looks like team comes together. There is still lots of work to do, Williams needs to get into offensive game, Cohen needs to get better, etc. I definitely stand by saying that this team is more talented than one from last year.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 09-26-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I remember Aaron Jackson complaining about the stickers several years ago. It's difficult to believe they are still persisting with them.
    Money money, follow the money.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Barcelona
    CSKA
    Real
    Milan
    Efes
    Oly
    MTA
    Baskonia

Looking forward to the games starting Thursday.....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Money money, follow the money.
    Very true.

Papagiannis very bad on defense. Looks like he made a step back after his last good season. Lacks concentration.

Perry and Macon are also problems defensively and they dont contribute enough offensively.

Euroleague fans are going to like Donta Hall.

I don't know that it's fair to call Dorsey "problematic." He's a good player and I'm sure he'll be very good for Oly.

But the big problem with Maccabi last year was that their offense couldn't punish over-extended defense, imo. Teams could double Wilbekin or Dorsey or Bryant or whoever was handling the ball and Maccabi never had an answer.

I think this roster has the potential to be better on offense but tonight's game wasn't the best start. Evans needs to be more impactful, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    I don't know that it's fair to call Dorsey "problematic." He's a good player and I'm sure he'll be very good for Oly.
    I wouldn't call Dorcey problematic, he wasn't ideal let's say. No effort in defence and inconsistent offence, Part of it was that Maccabi for some years refuses to sign proper point guard. More of that a bit later, but let's say that if Dorcey didn't run away (or left dangerous place, it's matter of political view, I guess), he would be playing in Maccabi today.

But the big problem with Maccabi last year was that their offense couldn't punish over-extended defense, imo. Teams could double Wilbekin or Dorsey or Bryant or whoever was handling the ball and Maccabi never had an answer.
    Nunnaly, Ziv and Evans are supposed to be the answer to that, and it, together with pressure defence, did work in Winner Cup games (85+ points offence, 68- points defence). Williams was also supposed to give additional threat under the basket, but looks like he is still recovering from corona/struggling with insufficient practice game time.

[QUOTA] I think this roster has the potential to be better on offense but tonight's game wasn't the best start. Evans needs to be more impactful, imo.[/QUOTE]

They did start good, and at 17 points lead Yannis started to do crazy replacements, and Bayern improved, and then they've met irritated Willbekin....
    Everybody agrees, that Evans should improve, and, hopefully, he will.

P.S. Anybody knows what happened to whiner? At least he would love Nunnaly's 3 point percentage.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345