Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 EL clubs met privately, concerned with financial affairs managed by Bertomeu & EL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Thats not the point. The limit is strict. The best 450 player will be taken by the NBA thats for sure but others will come over to play, some will fail and come over just China is a big threat and of course the G-League if it gets the money it was claimed some years ago. It would be the final blow for the European Basketball.
    You're forgetting 2 additional 2-way contracts. That's 60 players more. Sure you will get players like Bender back, but no one worth watching. Mirotic is an exception and even he's not exactly someone on whom you build a league.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
      You're forgetting 2 additional 2-way contracts. That's 60 players more. Sure you will get players like Bender back, but no one worth watching. Mirotic is an exception and even he's not exactly someone on whom you build a league.
      You simply have too ambitious expectations that Europe will be able to meet.

Comment

You simply have too ambitious expectations that Europe will be able to meet.
        My expectations are very low for Europe. You have seen which players Real has bought for next year. Who from them is worth watching? And what about Efes? Micic more or less gone, Larkin will try to go, what kind of team will you have, if both go?
        previously known as Beno

Comment

My expectations are very low for Europe. You have seen which players Real has bought for next year. Who from them is worth watching? And what about Efes? Micic more or less gone, Larkin will try to go, what kind of team will you have, if both go?
          Thats what i was trying to tell you. The talent of European player are too low, more production is the only solution.

Comment

Additionally Micic was just considered as Larkins backup and he found during Larkins absence a good chance to show his never hit potential. European teams are forced to find guys who couldnt reach their potential and polish them.

Comment

The problem of the quality can be solved easily by producing more than the NBA can absorb. Especially we Turks have to polish our guys to reach the EL. The Serbs have a great 03/04 generation, Lithuania more than the last years, Turkey also has a great 02-04 generation. The NBA can only take 30*15 teams and not more. The Greeks with a great bunch of European player are very poor lately with talent. If you consider guys like Tsartsaris, Fotsis or even Kaimakoglou or Perperoglou are luxury ok maybe i exaggerate a bit but yeah Europe was very poor with talent
              Here's a question I ponder too much- why is there no Turkish Kurbanov?

If Europeans rather watch games at 2AM than you know something is very wrong. You need different coaches than Obra to coach those superstars, LeBron would have killed him in one week.
              Fans in Europe have been doing that for a long time though, even before there were so many European superstars.

Ha yes, Obradovic coaching there would have been an interesting one. Do you think Itoudis could still adapt to the NBA?

Comment

Thats what i was trying to tell you. The talent of European player are too low, more production is the only solution.
                And I telling you all production is going in Nba and not only that, they go there as teenagers. Maledon, Avdija, Poku, Hayes are not even good enough to have important role in Euroleague and they all went in Nba last year. Before players made a career in Europe and only then they went.
                Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-14-2021, 10:32 PM.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

And I telling you all production is going in Nba and not only that, they go there as teenagers. Maledon, Avdija, Poku, Hayes are not even good enough to have important role in Euroleague and they all went in Nba last year. Before players made a career in Europe in only then they went.
                  Produce even more then.

Comment

Additionally Micic was just considered as Larkins backup and he found during Larkins absence a good chance to show his never hit potential. European teams are forced to find guys who couldnt reach their potential and polish them.
                    Larkin is G-league player, he is prime example what happened from Euroleague.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

Larkin is G-league player, he is prime example what happened from Euroleague.
                      Thats bullshit.

Comment

Produce even more then.
                        They're producing. In football.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

Thats bullshit.
                          He for sure isn't serious Nba player.

Checkout the latest stats of Shane Larkin. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

He for sure isn't serious Nba player.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...larkish01.html
                            There is a big gap between serious NBA player and G-League player. Fits me well, he can stay in Istanbul as much as he likes. I like European Basketball anyway. Europe just shouldnt do the mistake being a bad copy of NBA, more games less intensity. Its ok with a coaches league and team basketball. It just needs a bit more talent with players like Shengelia, Higgins, Delaney, Larkin and Vesely. Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                              Here's a question I ponder too much- why is there no Turkish Kurbanov?

Fans in Europe have been doing that for a long time though, even before there were so many European superstars.

Ha yes, Obradovic coaching there would have been an interesting one. Do you think Itoudis could still adapt to the NBA?
                              Sure, as assistant.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

There is a big gap between serious NBA player and G-League player. Fits me well, he can stay in Istanbul as much as he likes. I like European Basketball anyway. Europe just shouldnt do the mistake being a bad copy of NBA, more games less intensity. Its ok with a coaches league and team basketball. It just needs a bit more talent with players like Shengelia, Higgins, Delaney, Larkin and Vesely. Thats all.
                                Cool, but we're talking here why Euroleague has problems with marketing. All the best football players are playing in Europe. All the most talented kids, who are not bigger than 2 meters are playing football. Normally that people are watching football.
                                Btw. players you have named are prime example of mediocrity. Do you remember when we have been watching players like Drazen, Sabonis, Bodiroga, Kukoc, Gallis, Marciulonis...Or some real Nba players like Bob McAdoo.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information