Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 EL clubs met privately, concerned with financial affairs managed by Bertomeu & EL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with Khimki?

Unicaja so far seemed as one of the more loyal teams to Bertomeu and the euroleague idea. If they are considering this, than it's obvious others will at least think about it as well.
    Olimpija will not consider it, though.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• What is going on with Khimki?

Unicaja so far seemed as one of the more loyal teams to Bertomeu and the euroleague idea. If they are considering this, than it's obvious others will at least think about it as well.
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        What is going on with Khimki?

Khimki are supposedly withdrawing from the VTB League next season.

The Minister of Physical Culture and Sports of the Moscow Region, Roman Teryushkov, talked about Khimki's issues and noted there might be a possibility of Khimki not playing in the VTB League next season

Comment

• So, last months for Bertomeu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basket_ View Post
            Spanish and Turkish teams tried to save him till the end, fortunately without success.

Let's hope that the season will be concluded without strange decisions. I don't like and I don't trust this man.

Apart from that it's time to find a new brand, possibly European, willing to pay much more for the sponsorship. The amount of money paid by Turkish airlines till now seems ridiculous to me.

Comment

• "Real Madrid reportedly cutting expenses"

After failing to meet the budget for the 2021-22 season, reducing wages by 22% is the plan for Real Madrid.

Crunching the numbers was 2Playbook, a sports business Spanish website. As noted, Los Blancos closed the last season with losses of €31M and intend to reduce expenses going into the next season, including a 22% cut in wages. From the €41M of the 2021-22 season, financial management can shorten the 2022-23 budget all the way down to €32M. An income of €18M and losses of €23.6M are additionally projected for the next season.
              Budget issues resurface for Real Madrid heading to the 2022-23 editions of the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague and Spain’s Liga Endesa

Comment

• Those loses are unsustainable in long run. Meanwhile Nba revenue is 10 billion+.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                  Those loses are unsustainable in long run. Meanwhile Nba revenue is 10 billion+.
                  I'm curious about how they can reduce their wages by that amount with contracts already in place etc.

But yes it's alarming, isn't it? If Real are that far off being even self sustaining then it's not a good sign for the Euroleague.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                    I'm curious about how they can reduce their wages by that amount with contracts already in place etc.

But yes it's alarming, isn't it? If Real are that far off being even self sustaining then it's not a good sign for the Euroleague.
                    The thing that's alarming is that It was clear for the past decade that the changes euroleague is implementing will not lead to an increased interest for basketball...

It never added up.

The sooner euroleague bankrupts and leaves a place for somebody else, the better...

Comment

The thing that's alarming is that It was clear for the past decade that the changes euroleague is implementing will not lead to an increased interest for basketball...

It never added up.

The sooner euroleague bankrupts and leaves a place for somebody else, the better...
                      Aside from the licenses and loss of talent to the NBA, do you think the volume of extra games have diminished the Euroleague as a competition?

Comment

It never added up.

Unfortunately Fiba is even bigger mess. It's really simple, basketball in Europe has lost firstly against football and secondly against Nba. You can't make product interesting enough to compete against football with 3rd tier Americans and second tier Europeans.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

Aside from the licenses and loss of talent to the NBA, do you think the volume of extra games have diminished the Euroleague as a competition?
                          Extra games is the only thing that brings some money to the clubs.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                            Extra games is the only thing that brings some money to the clubs.
                            Yes true, but I was responding specifically to the point about less interest in the competition.

Comment

Yes true, but I was responding specifically to the point about less interest in the competition.
                              I believe Slovenia might be interesting example what has happened. I have played some basketball in my youth and I have friends with whom I'm playing recreational basketball. We all watched Euroleague before, not only because of Olimpija, but because there where all those great players playing there. Now I'm the only one still watching Euroleague, all others are watching only Luka and Nba playoffs. I understand that Larkin and Micov might be exciting for Efes' fans, but they can hardly bring interest that the biggest stars had before. And there's nothing to be done about that.
                              Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-21-2022, 01:04 PM.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

• But wait! NBA 99% certainly will add 2 new teams in next few years. Which means 2 new G-league teams. Which means 50+ players staying in/going to USA. Talent pool also may suffer from rise of 3x3, Japanese, Australian league, etc
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information