EL Playoffs 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
    From my point of view - Efes is the best in everything.

Only chance for rest of teams is one-game format in the final tournament. One of the best teams in euroleague history.
    This! This is also too expectable since the team has been playing for 3 years together. You need just to take a look of the defense Efes played in the last two games. The backcourt is surely by far the best in Euroleague. The front court is vulnerable but not with guys like Smits or Michael Eric.

Efes is indeed the best team but this was CSKA too in 2012
    Last edited by Toruko; 04-24-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• So after having watched the games with a sharper eye I really must praise Erdem Can for his great work in Moscow. He really prepared the player very well as well as his set plays after breaks and adjustments generally were also good.

I watched also some youth games of Biberovic this season. For a guy who doesnt even know where to stand he really found a good role to fill out. I walks a bit stiff but has a solid frame to play easily some post games. Not very nimble but can deal with the ball, has a very solid mid range jumper and can shoot the 3. For the future I also expect him to run some pick and roll games. Defensively, he needs to learn much about positioning and team defense. Doesnt know how the game works but his on ball defense developed. Would prefer him over Ulanovas anytime

I know that Barthel deceived you a bit at the start of the season and I also admit that he can do a bit of everything but he is not the type of player for an ambitious team. He is afraid of shooting, defense, rebounding is bad, his finishing around the rim is also bad although he can create some shots. He has a 2 years deal if I am not mistaken. He is not for a starting five but I would be ok with him coming from the bench.

Ulanovas didnt work. I think we all agree on this. He should go.

Bwown. One of the worst decision maker in Europe. Has talent but not for a team with f4 ambitions.

Mahmutoglu - we all know he wont leave. He is not an option and FB shouldnt be forced to start with him.

O'Quin doesnt give much defensively except his huge wingspan. Not a good defender but offensively very potent, very good passer, can shoot from everywhere. I would keep him.

Pierre, doesnt have more upside than this but a great role player and should be kept for long years.

FB needs to sign some domestic guys who are better than Sipahi or Mahmutoglu. My boy Sengün wont work but I think Hazer could be a solid fit especially on the defensive end. I would sign Berkan Durmaz who was about to be signed by ZOC two years ago. I think he can contribute also in the Euroleague after a year of prep.

Since you can play Vesely on four Raynolds should be a target, then a four who can defend and stretch the floor and a play maker but its not Wade Baldwin. He would fit neither to Efes nor to FB. Dont ask me who though.

Comment

• Efes has problem with frontcourt just because Dunston is too old and in decline.
        With Sanli and Singleton on the court they have one of the best streching lineup.

With Itoudis on the bench Efes would win the title easily.

Comment

• Analysis of Fener roster are too easy to spend much words

De Colo (best player ever played in Fener) - must stay(I hope he will)
          Vesely (without injuries) one of the best big guys in EL - must stay
          Guduric (second tier of top EL players, could be first if improve some decisions, attacking the rim first of all) - must stay
          Pierre - should stay
          Biberovic(he didn't get the real chance even this season yet, so many mistakes he did are forgiven) - should stay
          Barthel - should stay(maybe as 2nd pf)

Clowns and streetballers(Melih, Ulanovas, O'Quinn, Sipahi,Brown) - must leave

Hazer - should come

Simple as that.

Comment

• You have to be stupid as night to praise Erdem Can for seting anything. Offence was without idea and only De Colo in 1st game and Guduric in 2nd save the Fener from humiliation.

Even defence was nightmare considering that perimeter was open all the time.

Involving "FT and 3pt expert" Sipahi in the game was highlight of the game. Also Brown's 27 minutes vs Biberovic's 14minutes are clear sign of stupidity level this gentleman owns.

Erdem Can should go next time in Moscow (instead of NBA) to take lessons from Itoudis

Comment

Only chance for rest of teams is one-game format in the final tournament. One of the best teams in euroleague history.
              I don't know where to put Efes
              They are near the top in everything but not the best in anything. They will need good night

Don't forget what happened against CSKA in Vitoria, they were outplayed in every segment of the game

The only difference is that Sanli was episode player that time and now he is one of the best centers. But I don't know if Ataman will use him or he will go on "secure option" old good Dunston. Larkin is in some sort of decline also. I can't say that Efes is better then Barca or even CSKA and Milan

In game against Bayern you could see that Ataman doesn't know how to resolve crowded rim, Micic and Larkin were lost and there wasn't plan B. I expect just that in F4. Saras and Messina aren't stupid coaches and they know how to stop Efes's main weapons

Comment

That's my point of view, too. But that does not mean they are without problem zones. One-game format plus their own belief that they are the best in everything might play a bad joke with them. Barca is the most inconvenient opponent for Efes, I'd not try to predict the outcome here. Zenit has no chances against them, Armani the same. As for CSKA (the most probable first opponent), I think we have some decent chances, mostly because at the moment the team resembles the Oly team of 2012 - nobody sees them as real contenders, and this is an advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by iraz View Post
                  That's my point of view, too. But that does not mean they are without problem zones. One-game format plus their own belief that they are the best in everything might play a bad joke with them. Barca is the most inconvenient opponent for Efes, I'd not try to predict the outcome here. Zenit has no chances against them, Armani the same. As for CSKA (the most probable first opponent), I think we have some decent chances, mostly because at the moment the team resembles the Oly team of 2012 - nobody sees them as real contenders, and this is an advantage.
                  Hahahahah Efes will beat the crap out of CSKA if they face one another.

You wouldnt have survived against Fener with Vesely let alone Efes.

Barca in a one game system depends on how the refs react to toughness

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post

It's simply unbelievable how arrogant you are! Just you wait!

Comment

Prime example of everything I have written about some Efes fans. Bragging about their super team, which not only didn't win anything yet in their history, it didn't even finish first this year in RS, and 0 respect for opponents.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by iraz View Post
                        It's simply unbelievable how arrogant you are! Just you wait!
                        I don't believe this is arrogance, it looks much more like insecurity and aggressive behaviour to hide it.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Hey its how the situation is. I cant change it. I am not even an Efes fan. I just support them as a Turkish team.

Comment

Hey its how the situation is. I cant change it. I am not even an Efes fan. I just support them as a Turkish team.
                            Lol
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

• BTW Despite having got 8 Million Euro buyout Real made minus to a double digit million Euros this season. It is said that Barca and Real made more than 50 million euros this season. This is insane.

Comment

Hey its how the situation is. I cant change it. I am not even an Efes fan. I just support them as a Turkish team.
                                You being a Turkish fan (not Efes') does not make your declarations less childish and aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information