No announcement yet.

EL Playoffs 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generally spoken, if the Turkish teams want to win EL they must spend money. You go either the way of giving chances to young guys or spend money with a 5 years plan. FB made a great move with Pierre but the concept of team building failed totally. It can happen since it was a rebuilding year but they must lower the costs and invest smartly. You gave 850k to Bathel and to Ulanovas its almost 2 millions. Ahmet, Brown are just other cases.

Efes, lost final two years ago due to lack of experience and a thin big rotation. Ataman is relying to much on certain players. He wanted Singleton desperately. Result? Nothing. You had no contribution from the 4s of yours the whole season. Sanli another case. He surely has a good season but can you rely on him to win a title? 4 fouls in 16 minutes last game, caused a 17 0 run in this.

We are too wasteful with money and dont invest it smartly. If they win this time its really not because of the strength but the circumstances but I lost trust. Give some young guns chances and decrease your costs and try to build for the future or raise your budget and attack the EL. Both approaches are better than chocking on the verge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
      I dont get the logic of this question, why did Randolph then? US is a unique case, has an overflow of global superstars, and Shane isnt one of those yes. That’s not relevant though, or are you SUGGESTING Llull would get the call before Lilliard? Because if that is the case then please close the website and try to enjoy todays win without talking rubbish.

And yes Shane loves Istanbul but more importantly the fans. And no, unlike popular belief he does not get paid, he annoyingly replied to a Greek twitter user crying he was choosing money that he didnt get anything. Why should he? He’s born into a millionaire family and a golden cradle.

Your achievement list, theres alot of NT stuff there, Shane has only recently got one. There’s also the fact Shane never played for a top budget team and spent years in the US. Even this Efes team isnt even top 5 in terms of budget. They would have to spend another 15M to match RM. I’m not a fan of fallacies, so far your arguments have been invalid.
      My point is that son of hall of famer didn’t choose Istanbul/Turkey, because he had great offers elsewhere.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        Generally spoken, if the Turkish teams want to win EL they must spend money. You go either the way of giving chances to young guys or spend money with a 5 years plan. FB made a great move with Pierre but the concept of team building failed totally. It can happen since it was a rebuilding year but they must lower the costs and invest smartly. You gave 850k to Bathel and to Ulanovas its almost 2 millions. Ahmet, Brown are just other cases.

Efes, lost final two years ago due to lack of experience and a thin big rotation. Ataman is relying to much on certain players. He wanted Singleton desperately. Result? Nothing. You had no contribution from the 4s of yours the whole season. Sanli another case. He surely has a good season but can you rely on him to win a title? 4 fouls in 16 minutes last game, caused a 17 0 run in this.

We are too wasteful with money and dont invest it smartly. If they win this time its really not because of the strength but the circumstances but I lost trust. Give some young guns chances and decrease your costs and try to build for the future or raise your budget and attack the EL. Both approaches are better than chocking on the verge.
        The problem is you need a true leader on the court. Leaders like Diamantidis, Bogdanovic or even Spanoulis. The luck of PAO was that Diamantidis didnt want to leave his village, even coming over to Athen was a problem, FB couldnt understandably keep Bodganovic but now if you raise a guy he is gone after an average season. Really difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
          My point is that son of hall of famer didn’t choose Istanbul/Turkey, because he had great offers elsewhere.
          Are you his agent, managing his offers? He’s said he got an offer from the NBA after his first Efes season. What are you trying to say??

Comment

Are you his agent, managing his offers? He’s said he got an offer from the NBA after his first Efes season. What are you trying to say??
            He playing in Istanbul says it all. James is in Nba with pretty good chances to get contract. Campazzo is playing great at the moment. Micic will go in Nba next season. What can possibly be a reason for Larkin to stay, if not the obvious? Problem for Larkin is that he’s not Pg and he cannot defend. He’s not real Sg either. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective and that won’t happen in Nba.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

We can start conversation about Larkin achievements, when he actually win something. For example Luka has won everything possible in Europe with 19 years. Llull has won more or less everything with 26. Larkin didn’t win anything yet, so comparison is kinda difficult.
              The point is Llull also had a point in time where he hadn't won it, even two seasons in a row when Real were favourites. Even Luka had (well, just one) disappointment before winning the Euroleague.

Comment

He playing in Istanbul says it all. James is in Nba with pretty good chances to get contract. Campazzo is playing great at the moment. Micic will go in Nba next season. What can possibly be a reason for Larkin to stay, if not the obvious? Problem for Larkin is that he’s not Pg and he cannot defend. He’s not real Sg either. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective and that won’t happen in Nba.
                Yeah Llull is in Madrid says it all then. Campazzo has similar stats as Larkin, Micic cant even carry a euroleague playoff game. It’s funny you roast Larkin and say “omg Micic will go NBA” when he was the reason you won today, with his 0 PIR, and not Larkin. Anyway goodnight I’m argued out for today. There’s still a game 5, I hope for your sake that you trust Llull half as much as I do Larkin then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  The point is Llull also had a point in time where he hadn't won it, even two seasons in a row when Real were favourites. Even Luka had (well, just one) disappointment before winning the Euroleague.
                  Disappointment to play in F4 with 18 years, instead of youth competition? I was there btw.

Llull was member of second all-Euroleague team in 2010-11 season and you cannot forget all achievements with Spain. You’re missing a point though, it’s not about Llull, who’s proven star, it’s about Larkin, who didn’t prove anything yet, he might do it this year, but until that...We can look how both players played, when it mattered in game 3 and game 4, crucial last 5 minutes of both games. One was magnificent and other chocked.
                  Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-29-2021, 10:48 PM.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Yeah Llull is in Madrid says it all then. Campazzo has similar stats as Larkin, Micic cant even carry a euroleague playoff game. It’s funny you roast Larkin and say “omg Micic will go NBA” when he was the reason you won today, with his 0 PIR, and not Larkin. Anyway goodnight I’m argued out for today. There’s still a game 5, I hope for your sake that you trust Llull half as much as I do Larkin then.
                    Llull is in Madrid, because he’s Madridista. Larkin is son of hall of famer, his only goal is Nba, whatever he does in Europe means very little.

I’m mentioning Micic just to show, how anyone wants to go in Nba this days. I don’t believe he will succeed there, but he at least has position and height to play there. Larkin hasn’t, simple as that.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by trey from mars View Post
                      Real may very well go on to completely outplay Efes in game 5 and get the win, but so far it feels like Efes are the architects of their own downfall as opposed to Real having a particularly great fighting spirit.
                      This sounds like in case Real wins the series you'll be fully satisefied knowing that Efes is a better team overall and is simply not in the mood to win this time Good for you!

Comment

Disappointment to play in F4 with 18 years, instead of youth competition? Llull was member of second all-Euroleague team in 2010-11 season and you cannot forget all achievements with Span. You’re missing a point, Larkin didn’t prove anything yet, he might do it this year, but until that...We can look how both players played, when it mattered in game 3 and game 4, crucial last 5 minutes of both games. One was magnificent and other chocked.
                        I think psychology plays a huge part in these games, Efes were playing with something to lose like CSKA were in all those F4 games. And they've had the misfortune of playing against an "underdog" team full of proven winners.

Larkin and Llull are just at different stages in their careers. We'll have a better idea in a few years. Or maybe in a week.

Comment

• At this point I want Efes to lose. This is my sincere opinion. They tried it with the same team because they had no chance of trying it last season but it doesnt seem to work out. After Micic leaving its also ok when Larkin leaves too and some others. Then I hope of some young guns gaining some experience as always

Comment

• Anyway, who cares about Larkin, he just need to choke one more time in the clutch and then he can become MVP of whatever league in the world. Btw where are those smart Lithuanian analytics?
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

At this point I want Efes to lose. This is my sincere opinion. They tried it with the same team because they had no chance of trying it last season but it doesnt seem to work out. After Micic leaving its also ok when Larkin leaves too and some others. Then I hope of some young guns gaining some experience as always
                              You don't mean this Toruko!
                              Ataman wins a European trophy with a Turkish team every 5 years - EuroChallenge with Beskitas in 2011, EuroCup with Galatasaray in 2016... still a game 5 to go in 2021...

Comment

At this point I want Efes to lose. This is my sincere opinion. They tried it with the same team because they had no chance of trying it last season but it doesnt seem to work out. After Micic leaving its also ok when Larkin leaves too and some others. Then I hope of some young guns gaining some experience as always
                                Please stop doing that, your cocky predictions were great contra-indicator. I need one last time from you being sure of Efes destroying Real.
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-29-2021, 11:31 PM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information