EL Playoffs 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
    Efes just not clutch enough at the end of the last 2 games....Real's defense winning the match-up.....

Efes probably rolls at home in game 5..Could very well be a blow out......Hats off to Laso and his team for their showing so far though...Like i said earlier their line-up is very underwhelming at yet they won 2 games......
    Totally, Efes just looked lost at the end, like they were thinking "it's happening again." Very reminiscent of CSKA when they were having their Final 4 wobbles against Olympiacos.

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
      The problem is Ataman, as can be seen by rhe fact that every post here blames another player.
      Actually when you eat a 22-5 in the final 7 minutes of a playoff game multiple players and a coach are at fault, but for me Micic is the Anti-christ and catalyst of it all, like Brown is for Fener. Dude had 0 PIR today and was a turnover machine which cost Efes’ vibe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
        This is very true for Micic but Larkin has dragged out many tough games for Efes. Have you forgotten the Barcelona series of the last non covid season?
        Larkin had 1 good playoffs series and Llull has won everything possible for Real and NT. That's the difference I'm talking about. That's why Houston offered Llull a fortune, on the other hand nobody wants to touch Larkin.

Micic is just incredibly overrated player at the moment, the biggest beneficiary of Ataman's system and big minutes he's playing. Put him in Real or Barca and he would have looked pretty ordinary. Solid player, but far from star.
        Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-29-2021, 09:35 PM.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
          Larkin had 1 good playoffs series and Llull has won everything possible for Real and NT. That's the difference I'm talking about. That's why Houston offered Llull a fortune, on the other hand nobody wants to touch Larkin.
          I get that Llull is a proven winner at this stage but a more fair comparison would be between Larkin now and Llull circa 2014.

Comment

Lol at “nobody wants to touch Larkin”. You act as if Llull would have gotten a greater role than Larkin in the NBA, he would have just ended up like Teodosic, if not worse. Madrid has always been in the top 2 of highest spenders, without interruption. It’s relatively easy to win it all that way. We’re talking about player-to-player comparison and Larkin is surely out of Llulls league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              I get that Llull is a proven winner at this stage but a more fair comparison would be between Larkin now and Llull circa 2014.
              When the NBA superstar Llull was the age Larkin is now, he got swept 3-0 by Fenerbahce.

Comment

Lol at “nobody wants to touch Larkin”. You act as if Llull would have gotten a greater role than Larkin in the NBA, he would have just ended up like Teodosic, if not worse. Madrid has always been in the top 2 of highest spenders, without interruption. It’s relatively easy to win it all that way. We’re talking about player-to-player comparison and Larkin is surely out of Llulls league.
                Why do you think Larkin is in Istanbul and playing for Turkish NT? Because he loves Turkey?

Now or comparing their prime? Prime Llull is a class better than prime Larkin.
                Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-29-2021, 09:49 PM.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

When the NBA superstar Llull was the age Larkin is now, he got swept 3-0 by Fenerbahce.
                  The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

• This might sound counter intuitive but these last two matches weren’t comebacks by Real in the true sense of the phrase, more a case of Efes essentially gifting Real a way back in by their complacency in game 3 and what appeared to be a psychological collapse in game 4. I was despairing tonight saying “it’s happening AGAIN!... and it seemed the Efes players were thinking something similar.

Real may very well go on to completely outplay Efes in game 5 and get the win, but so far it feels like Efes are the architects of their own downfall as opposed to Real having a particularly great fighting spirit.

Comment

Llull is 5 years older not 7.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• i agree with this tweet flood. laso found how to stop efes.

Comment

Llull is 5 years older not 7.
                          I know, but he also played a lot of Euroleague seasons before winning it.

Comment

• Originally posted by trey from mars View Post
                            This might sound counter intuitive but these last two matches weren’t comebacks by Real in the true sense of the phrase, more a case of Efes essentially gifting Real a way back in by their complacency in game 3 and what appeared to be a psychological collapse in game 4. I was despairing tonight saying “it’s happening AGAIN!... and it seemed the Efes players were thinking something similar.

Real may very well go on to completely outplay Efes in game 5 and get the win, but so far it feels like Efes are the architects of their own downfall as opposed to Real having a particularly great fighting spirit.
                            Real has won 3Qs today. It’s difficult to say Efes was better the whole match.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Why do you think Larkin is in Istanbul and playing for Turkish NT? Because he loves Turkey?

Now or comparing their prime? Prime Llull is a class better than prime Larkin.
                              I dont get the logic of this question, why did Randolph then? US is a unique case, has an overflow of global superstars, and Shane isnt one of those yes. That’s not relevant though, or are you SUGGESTING Llull would get the call before Lilliard? Because if that is the case then please close the website and try to enjoy todays win without talking rubbish.

And yes Shane loves Istanbul but more importantly the fans. And no, unlike popular belief he does not get paid, he annoyingly replied to a Greek twitter user crying he was choosing money that he didnt get anything. Why should he? He’s born into a millionaire family and a golden cradle.

Your achievement list, theres alot of NT stuff there, Shane has only recently got one. There’s also the fact Shane never played for a top budget team and spent years in the US. Even this Efes team isnt even top 5 in terms of budget. They would have to spend another 15M to match RM. I’m not a fan of fallacies, so far your arguments have been invalid.

Comment

I know, but he also played a lot of Euroleague seasons before winning it.
                                We can start conversation about Larkin achievements, when he actually win something. For example Luka has won everything possible in Europe with 19 years. Llull has won more or less everything with 26. Larkin didn’t win anything yet, so comparison is kinda difficult or very easy.
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-29-2021, 10:18 PM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information