No announcement yet.

Round 30 Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said Ataman is too stupid coach to keep Sanli as core center. 13 minutes for one of the best centers in this moment is sign that Ataman is pure clown.
    Dunston is in big decline and out of form

But much bigger problem for Efes is that they don't have plan B for some situations, Sanli made some points in the finish but it wasn't enough for the win.

They made situation for us much more complicated with this loss

Comment

Micic and Larkin are playing too much together. They're both needing a ball in their hands to be effective.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
        Micic and Larkin are playing too much together. They're both needing a ball in their hands to be effective.
        Their game is based on stagger screens, horn sets and thump down set (Micic calls it 5 times a game) and annoying isolations vs. opponents bigs. Very easy sets, why not if it works. But on the other hand hard to believe that this won't be punished at F4.

Bayern really did a great job with their helpside defense, as you follow ABA you surely saw this last year on Partizan's team, too. There are not many teams that can cause trouble to Efes but Bayern really looks like a team that doesn't suit them. They are stronger physically on every position and have very intelligent players. To me it was interesting that they sometimes hedged Larkin and sometimes not. More often not, he doesn't feel comfortable being hedged, this was visible in some situations this year, on the other hand you cannot overhelp when they all hit like they do in the last couple of weeks. And on all iso's he was in serious trouble, sometimes he scored out of pure quality but more often not - great job of Trinchieri. Same for Micic, they were constantly on the edge of turning it over. I think this game today can serve as some kind of game plan to disenchant Efes' offense but noone has such physical beasts as Bayern.

I have same impression like you by the way. It's like they are taking away each other's air. If it works it looks fluent but basic thought of Ataman is to pair them both with Beaubois who looks like best of all three if paired with just one of them the last couple of weeks. Total lack of reality when it comes to assessment of Larkin's quality will surprise some people when it comes to crunch. I really don't know if I would put my money on Efes in a series against Bayern. I know this thinking is not popular as Larkin is Euro Jordan and Efes unbeatable but I still think they won't win anything this year with this basketball.

Comment

hahahahahahahahh

Comment

Nothing new said, they play this system last 3 years and we all know that could be punished in F4. CSKA did that two years ago and Ataman didn't change anything until now. He was just lucky nothing more. Their best games were last season when Dunston was injured and again this season when Dunston*again) was injured.

It's simple, Sanli and even Pleiss enable much better spacing, they strech much wider and then Micic's and Larkin's penetrations are not nailing to the wall but pure poetry.
            If you build the wall under basket you will be punished from Sanli or Pleiss(both of them can make spot up shoots easily). Dunston is starting to be overweight ballast for Efes imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
              Bro, I am really not the one that is trying to earn credits but that's not true. I said it a lot of times here - they are long, strong and disciplined.Best coached team, incredibly athletic, intelligent gameplay, trusting each and every person on the floor, they have control over the game rhythm against every team. They can beat literally everyone in a play off series and F4. I really think they can go until the end. Trinchieri did wonders with Partizan last year letting them look like Boston Celtics - maybe we all had our doubts on him but he is clearly the best coach in Europe right now.
              I mean before the season started, not during the season. If you had guessed it back then, big kudos to you. I like Trinchieri but many didn't foresee that their roster was enough for making the playoffs, never mind fighting for top 4.
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                Nothing new said, they play this system last 3 years and we all know that could be punished in F4. CSKA did that two years ago and Ataman didn't change anything until now. He was just lucky nothing more. Their best games were last season when Dunston was injured and again this season when Dunston*again) was injured.

It's simple, Sanli and even Pleiss enable much better spacing, they strech much wider and then Micic's and Larkin's penetrations are not nailing to the wall but pure poetry.
                If you build the wall under basket you will be punished from Sanli or Pleiss(both of them can make spot up shoots easily). Dunston is starting to be overweight ballast for Efes imo.
                I agree with that, but Ataman might be aiming for not burning Sertaç out until the playoffs and the final four. Having an in-form Dunston is a good emergency option too.
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  I agree with that, but Ataman might be aiming for not burning Sertaç out until the playoffs and the final four. Having an in-form Dunston is a good emergency option too.
                  Maybe you are right, but game against direct opponent isn't such great opportunity to involve Dunston in the in-form mode.

Comment

If we swap Trinchieri and Ataman in last nigt game, Efes would win by 20.

Ataman is great motivator, he knows to scout players, but regarding winning big games he is amateur. All his teams stop playing regular game in last minutes and switch to isos, which is suicide par excellence.

Last offense is example of bad coaching. Larkin entered surrounded by five Bayern's players and in the same time Efes had 3 shooters ready and alone, but Larkin tried to finish by himself. Stupid.

Comment

If we swap Trinchieri and Ataman in last nigt game, Efes would win by 20.

Ataman is great motivator, he knows to scout players, but regarding winning big games he is amateur. All his teams stop playing regular game in last minutes and switch to isos, which is suicide par excellence.

Last offense is example of bad coaching. Larkin entered surrounded by five Bayern's players and in the same time Efes had 3 shooters ready and alone, but Larkin tried to finish by himself. Stupid.
                      Or maybe we should except that Larkin is very average player this year. Teams are constantly attacking him in D and he was instrumental for Efes winning a game only few times in this season. Coach is not on the court, he should have seen situation better and played differently.

Btw. if I'm not mistaken Mavs have drafted Larkin instead of Giannis.
                      Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-20-2021, 03:39 PM.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

Or maybe we should except that Larkin is very average player this year. Teams are constantly attacking him in D and he was instrumental for Efes winning a game only few times in this season. Coach is not on the court, he should have seen situation better and played differently.

Btw. if I'm not mistaken Mavs have drafted Larkin instead of Giannis.
                        I can't accept theory about Larkin as average player, that is nonsence even to imagine

Again and again all Efes fans and management and coach should return to final game against CSKA and look for mistakes.

Larkin was great in that game but that wasn't enough. They should change something.

My advice is that isos game belongs to history, or at least when you play that game put Sanli or Pleiss on the court to strech. Micic should stick to penetrations, assists and spot up shoots. He is awful shooter for 3pt

PS If Ataman have been doing right moves during the game Larkin wouldn't come in position to hit the wall in last offense
                        Last edited by janketa; 03-20-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I can't accept theory about Larkin as average player, that is nonsence even to imagine

Again and again all Efes fans and management and coach should return to final game against CSKA and look for mistakes.

Larkin was great in that game but that wasn't enough. They should change something.

My advice is that isos game belongs to history, or at least when you play that game put Sanli or Pleiss on the court to strech. Micic should stick to penetrations, assists and spot up shoots. He is awful shooter for 3pt
                          Efes is better team without Larkin on the court. First 3 most effective lineups are without Larkin. That doesn't mean he shouldn't play at all. Ideal role for him would have been as 6th man. Cut Micic's minutes, he cannot play 35 minutes in any case, and let Larkin run second unit and clutch time if needed. Playing both together a lot just doesn't make sense.

Far the most effective - Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Moerman-Sanli
                          Second most - Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Moerman-Dunston
                          Third most effective- Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Singleton-Dunston

It's obvious that Micic, Beaubois and Simon fit together perfectly.
                          Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-20-2021, 04:54 PM.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Efes is better team without Larkin on the court. First 3 most effective lineups are without Larkin. That doesn't mean he shouldn't play at all. Ideal role for him would have been as 6th man. Cut Micic's minutes, he cannot play 35 minutes in any case, and let Larkin run second unit and clutch time if needed. Playing both together a lot just doesn't make sense.

Far the most effective - Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Moerman-Sanli
                            Second most - Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Moerman-Dunston
                            Third most effective- Micic-Beaubois-Simon-Singleton-Dunston

It's obvious that Micic, Beaubois and Simon fit together perfectly.
                            That's just because you won't see many times Larkin-Beaubois together on the court

In last night game Larkin was awful, regarding decision making in first place then shooting also

But the key was Ataman stupid decision to keep Dunston in the game for 23 minutes. Efes had the comfort lead and they just needed to ride on that and control situation like all big teams do.

Ataman's experiments cost them a loss.

Comment

That's just because you won't see many times Larkin-Beaubois together on the court

In last night game Larkin was awful, regarding decision making in first place then shooting also

But the key was Ataman stupid decision to keep Dunston in the game for 23 minutes. Efes had the comfort lead and they just needed to ride on that and control situation like all big teams do.

Ataman's experiments cost them a loss.
                              Point is that Beaubois fits much better with Micic and Simon than Larkin.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Point is that Beaubois fits much better with Micic and Simon than Larkin.
                                Beaubois is clown and ball hog with basketball IQ under 80

The only serious and best lineup is Micic-Larkin-Simon-Singleton-Sanli. Good backups are Anderson, Dunston and Pleiss. Beaubois and Moerman are unpredictable. In good nights they are ok , but in off mode they are capable to destroy the chemistry and own team.

F..k advanced statistics, watch games.

Just watch final game against CSKA(if you didn't) and you can see which players are capable to play under pressure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information