Lithuania in Eurobasket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    That's why I need 100 per ready Jokubaitis.
    Why is Rokas Jokubaitis not 100% ready anyway? He played to the end of the ACB playoffs and he's had several weeks of rest since then.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-13-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• after watching how Spain vs Greece. Italy vs France, Turkey vs Slovenia played and upcomming more such games in next 2 weeks.

Our 5 of 7 friendly looks like useless. Againts Finland without best players ,Estonia,Netherlands anybody can score and anything will work not much can be learn about team or individual players.

Spain is not powerhouse either this summer.From olympic team 2021 left only like 4-5 players,lots of new names but that the only meaningfull games where NT can figured at shape they are right now.

Federation must do better job in scheadualing opponents. Other federations did better job for 2022 summer.

Going and play in Turkey,Italy,France,Spain,Greece away games where our team wont get whistles at all thats how team getting ready for real games.

If it means you lose 2 training days on going and back that game againts such level opponent in that atmosphere will better than any 2 days of training againts yourself.

Comment

• How far Spanish (Domas), Canadian (Iggy), American (Buzelis, Indrusaitis) bb culture will carry us upcoming 10 years? When you think about it...
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Ambivalent game. Iggy and Sabonis looked great, Grigonis played smartly, Jokubaitis was clutch and R. Giedraitis delivered. Many positives. But I took more negative, cause our D, specially with JV who looked like a lumberjack from 90s, was trash and fairly average Spain is far from what it used to be. We badly lack few games against one of Serbia, Slovenia, France. The way Willy took off against us made me very depressive. I don't believe we can survive mentioned teams offenses playing such turtle defence as we provide with JV. He literally has no clue how to guard p'n'r, not a bit. No wonder Aussies and French drained game winners on him in 2019.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Ambivalent game. Iggy and Sabonis looked great, Grigonis played smartly, Jokubaitis was clutch and R. Giedraitis delivered. Many positives. But I took more negative, cause our D, specially with JV who looked like a lumberjack from 90s, was trash and fairly average Spain is far from what it used to be. We badly lack few games against one of Serbia, Slovenia, France. The way Willy took off against us made me very depressive. I don't believe we can survive mentioned teams offenses playing such turtle defence as we provide with JV. He literally has no clue how to guard p'n'r, not a bit. No wonder Aussies and French drained game winners on him in 2019.
            JV is not stupid. He is just too slow. He cant change it. Its how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              JV is not stupid. He is just too slow. He cant change it. Its how it is.
              Very slow and has little sense for positioning guarding p'n'r. IMO, LTU is way too vulnerable with him on the court. It hurts entire team defence.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• dinosour expert is so biased to see what he want to see it wont change. Valanciunas last 5minutes was one of main reason we won this game.

JV is bad pikenrool defence no shit? is a suprise ? everybody knows that,he can guard fast guards as most 120kg big centers cant.

Its not that he doesnt try,he simply cant Jv always tries.

But he does alot good shit like inside defence,like putting ridiculous pressure on defence to box him out ,dominate inside and so on.

Teams that plays spanish type pikenrool always was nightmare matchup for Jonas.

But were Jonas is great is againts teams like France or Serbia mark my words ,spanish or doncic pikenrools in defence is like knife to him matchup wise.

But overall my eye was very happy when i see 6 players 10pts+ and 3 head coaches +Berzininkaitis that knows what hell they are doing compared to 2021 3 assistant coaches we had...

This our team will be hard to handle if Brazdeikis gonna play like that.With him we literally have 3 nba players on the floor.
                Last edited by Shawshank; 08-16-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Very slow and has little sense for positioning guarding p'n'r. IMO, LTU is way too vulnerable with him on the court. It hurts entire team defence.
                  He is big... what do you expect? These kind of bigs are always slow and connected with some problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                    He is big... what do you expect? These kind of bigs are always slow and connected with some problems.
                    I expect adequate take on JV. He barely usable against good p'n'r teams. Slovenia, France and many other are nightmare for him. Our chances increasing with each step we becoming less dependable on him and some portrait him as some God who should lead us to medals...there's still tons of rednecks who refuse to see that he is simply a guy from the past, old school limited lumberjack. I would switch him with prime Javtokas without a single blink and Lithuania would have defence again.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• A very good NBA player and currently the best Lithuanian basketball player...A guy from the past

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                        A very good NBA player and currently the best Lithuanian basketball player...A guy from the past
                        thats why he is dinosour expert
                        Last edited by Shawshank; 08-16-2022, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                          JV is bad pikenrool defence no shit? is a suprise ? everybody knows that,he can guard fast guards as most 120kg big centers cant.

Its not that he doesnt try,he simply cant Jv always tries.

But he does alot good shit like inside defence....
                          I keep wondering why our brain trust still can't design a defence taking advantage of Jonas Valančiūnas' strengths down low while leaving the chasing of guards around the perimeter to others. How did Coach Garastas employ the even slower footed Arvydas Sabonis thirty years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            I keep wondering why our brain trust still can't design a defence taking advantage of Jonas Valančiūnas' strengths down low while leaving the chasing of guards around the perimeter to others. How did Coach Garastas employ the even slower footed Arvydas Sabonis thirty years ago?

because level of game has changed. Players today is better shooters, more skilled,faster than in 80s and 90s. Floor is spread way better.

In 80 or 90s good luck finding center who shoot 3pointers ,most PF was bad shooters. Now some teams trying to put 5 shooters on the floor like Slovenia.

90s version of 2m20 130kg A.Sabonis also couldnt defend todays pikenrool . With Sabonis Garastas played zone defence most of the time.

Today zone defence for most of game we can see in girls u-18 championship were girls are bad shooters.Our NT girls team played zone most of the time and it worked they won gold.

In men level you simply gonna give half open shot, after half open shot playing such defence.

Team can try zone for 5minutes as suprise weapon in 2020s,but not as main defence like 90s Garastas was doing.
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 08-16-2022, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Slovenia, France and many other are nightmare for him. Our chances increasing with each step we becoming less dependable on him and some portrait him as some God who should lead us to medals....
                              The reason Valančiūnas hasn't led the team to medals since 2015 is that medals aren't easy to win when your team is competing with other very good, very motivated teams from much bigger countries. It would of course help if Team Lietuva had a supporting cast of guards and wings up to the standards of our NBA bigs but Coach Maksvytis needs to play the hand he's dealt.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              I would switch him with prime Javtokas without a single blink and Lithuania would have defence again.
                              While Robertas Javtokas has been part of my Signature Wall of Fame in the past, unfortunately he's now well past his best before date. And incidentally running down Valančiūnas isn't going to make any of your personal favourites look better.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              there's still tons of rednecks who refuse to see that he is simply a guy from the past, old school limited lumberjack.
                              You're being silly. At least one player with Valančiūnas' skill set is a very useful cog in any winning team. There are 23 coaches in the upcoming Eurobasket who'd be delighted to trade any one of their centers for Valančiūnas.

Comment

• There are 23 coaches in the upcoming Eurobasket who'd be delighted to trade any one of their centers for Valančiūnas.
                                Lets say most of the coaches and most of the centers. There are some I wouldnt give up for JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information