No announcement yet.

Lithuania in Eurobasket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latvians...Decided to make a rock concert in the brake between 1st and 2nd quarter... That's one of the reason why they can't make it to major tournaments...
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      Originally posted by LuDux View Post
      Tonight's roster

Griciunas
      Echodas
      Miniotas
      Kulboka
      Sedekerskis
      Zukauskas
      Brazdeikis
      Lukosiunas
      Dimsa
      Grigonis
      Velicka
      Sabeckis
      Perfect.
      Well I would have opted for Gytis Radzevičius instead of Karolis Lukošiūnas.

Comment

• Uggghhhh!

Latvia 70 Lithuania 52

Comment

• OK, my take on the game.

I don't care about a result in friendly game and even if that was a bit too much I wouldn't get emotional. Team is after physical preparation mostly.

Positives:

Brazdeikis is a threat. Yes, he missed few lay-ups, but overall looked very sharp and very good. He should be in Eurobasket, we have no analogs for him, he brings something else.

Grigonis got his stint of doing whatever the fuck he wants and I take it as the biggest aim of this game (comically and literally ). He's so horrible now that it makes perfect sense for him to just be aggressive and slowly build towards coming back to his own.

I liked how Sedekerskis was picking up rebounds like apples from the tree and his physicality was felt. E. Zukauskas had a nice stretch.

Negatives:

I'm starting to feel like Maksvytis slowly becoming a problem. So far only a concern, not a conclusion, but nothing worked for him in Zalgiris (plenty of questionable moves offensive and defensive rotation wise). The team looked unprepared game plan wise. I give him props letting Grigonis to mess around, generally it's correct decision, but what else? The game was static. Sabeckis and Griciunas were posting up. Iggy is by miles best offensive player today (Girgonis out of shape), but he wasn't getting any touches, just stood in the corner all game long basically. Set offense looked toothless and one dimensional. My trust in Maksvytis declining with each day, specially after LKL PO.

Kulboka looked off and soft.

Velicka had some moments and was active, but showed more of his negative side (jacking off threes) than positive (slashing and kicking out, facilitating). He missed a chance to make a point.

Dimsa again off. IMO, he's too inconsistent to be in Eurobasket.

I won't even mention that Sabeckis is complete trash, that was expected.

To some up:

Maksvytis may be overrated. 2 A NT locks in this roster -Grigonis and Brazdeikis. E. Zukauskas and T. Sedekerskis may be worthy NT, but I wouldn't call either of them a locks. Velicka and Kulboka seems unready (and I'm losing my belief in the latter).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Most of those students arent ready for real pressure games.

Brazdeikis,Zukauskas,Sedekerskis after game 1 only worthy to invite to main camp.

Others still have 3 games to show something.

Grigonis basketball shape is bad as predicted.

I don't want pg that can't make 3pointers that's big NO playing with Domas and Jonas.

Comment

I'm starting to feel like *head coach* slowly becoming a problem.
              This is repeat from 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 201*.........
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• I was preaching for years here how Iggy is 2/3 while Liths were saying to me he's 3/4. Maksvytis admits now he's 2/3. He has to have some time at 2, he needs the ball.

Yes, non shooting PG is a problem. That's why I hope D. Giedraitis will ripe for the NT soon enough. He's a solid shooter and he can move to 1 for short stretches easily.

I feel like this summer is the key summer for Grigonis. Aside 2019 when he was pretty decent, he has been struggling in the NT ever since 2016. If he won't have solid/good Eurobasket it will be about time to conclude that he's one the most overrated NT players ever. I mean he just must provide, to show that he's a high level player. If not now, then when? We are talking about him as one of the leaders for years now, but he never yet delivered. Next summer he'll be 29yo. If he's not providing in this Eurobasket, I think he's done as NT project. I see it as do or die tournament for him cause if he fails now the bubble around him will totally shrink. We'll have to move on and treat him just as a solid role player who tends to have massive chucking fiestas during the tournament.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  This is repeat from 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 201*.........
                  Kazlauskas and Adomaitis never were a problem. Maksvytis still is not a problem, but the concern increasing. Maskoliunas was a problem.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Grigonis is better overall player than Kalnietis,Seibutis ever was.

But NT battles when entire nation is watching is difference beast not everybody mentally is built for that.

Grigonis best years should be in 2021-2024 looking at history, so yeah he must start deliver now as main teams guard.

We know well under 23 kids aren't making those open shots in those tournaments.

But can they bring the ball for 5min and play defence yes they can, but we can't expect offence against best fiba men from our young rookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Grigonis is better overall player than Kalnietis,Seibutis ever was.

But NT battles when entire nation is watching is difference beast not everybody mentally is built for that.

Grigonis best years should be in 2021-2024 looking at history, so yeah he must start deliver now as main teams guard.

We know well under 23 kids aren't making those open shots in those tournaments.

But can they bring the ball for 5min and play defence yes they can, but we can't expect offence against best fiba men from our young rookies.
                      He already failed in 2021. Now he has to deliver. If he can't provide now, it means he generally can't. In Zalgiris had great half of the season and then he was bleak. In CSKA he had good moments, but he was just a role player there.

I disagree that Grigonis is overall better player than Kalnietis, or at least it's highly debatable. Kalnietis was a better athlete, better slasher, better passer. Grigonis is way better shooter. OK, club career wise Grigonis slightly exceeded Kalnietis already. But Kalnietis had way better NT career. I mean Kalnietis already played solidly and very reliably as 24yo in FIBA WC 2010.

To me this season is crucial. Do or die. I want to see smart and reliable performance.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• That's what I want to see more from Iggy: https://www.facebook.com/BasketNews....21564597/?t=17

And that's what I want to see more from Velicka: https://twitter.com/ltu_basketball/s...47402881486849

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

That's what I want to see more from Iggy: https://www.facebook.com/BasketNews....21564597/?t=17

And that's what I want to see more from Velicka: https://twitter.com/ltu_basketball/s...47402881486849
                          Velicka is really light years away of being usable for the NT. Horrible ball control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Velicka is really light years away of being usable for the NT. Horrible ball control.
                            The worst thing is his shooting. In today's game he missed all his 4 three pointers and 2 of them didn't touch the basket. I don't really want to see such guards playing in NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                              The worst thing is his shooting. In today's game he missed all his 4 three pointers and 2 of them didn't touch the basket. I don't really want to see such guards playing in NT.
                              Hes not a good shooter, but Kulboka, Grigonis and others had airballs as well. Grigonis shoots were all short.
                              Lets not overreacted, it was visible that the legs were not there yet.

For me the biggest disappointment was Echodas. Slow on defense, could't cover his man for rebounds, couldn't make a shot.

Comment

• I said manny times Kalnietis with Nt uniform played like good starting 5 euroleagues pg. Manny times Mantas even outplayed best euroleague guards in NT battles.

So that he plays better than Grigonis in NT says nothing to me ,Kalnietis played better in NT competions than half of elite euroleague guards of that time,but still that didnt mean he was better player overall.

Kalnietis and his play in NT it was always some mystic with no logical explanation.

Even in 2021 with one healthy leg was still our best guard in Slovenia game.There no explanation how NT with 3 euroleague guards and best one in final game still is 35 veteran from uleb club.

By contracts Grigonis already surpassed Kalnietis .But not contracts plays in NT competions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information