No announcement yet.

Lithuania in Eurobasket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if final squad was based ONLY on Krepinis.net organized top50 election results:
    J.Valančiūnas D.Motiejūnas A.Gudaitis
    D.Sabonis T.Sedekerskis
    M.Kuzminskas I.Brazdeikis A.Butkevičius
    M.Grigonis R.Giedraitis
    R.Jokubaitis L.Lekavičius
    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      Lithuania vs Latvia games is personal for latvians way more.

Its friendly game and our NT will play without like 8 A teams players its indeed very important game for us

This camp is like trails for younger and not proven players to convince NT coaches to include them in main NT camp in August.
      We have a game against Czech Rep though. Maksvytis took the best that was available ATM (I mean he tried).

Kleiza says the rumor is Brazdeikis looks good in the camp.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
        if final squad was based ONLY on Krepinis.net organized top50 election results:
        D.Sabonis T.Sedekerskis
        M.Grigonis R.Giedraitis
        Way too heavy for my tastes. I would substitute D-Mo and Gudaitis for E. Zukauskas and Kulboka (if he's good and we're about to find this out) and I'm good to go.

PS: I'm not sure I need Kuz.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          Lithuania vs Latvia games is personal for latvians way more.

Its friendly game and our NT will play without like 8 A teams players its indeed very important game for us

This camp is like trails for younger and not proven players to convince NT coaches to include them in main NT camp in August.
          I'm really looking forward to these friendly games against Latvia. I'm interested in seeing how well all these relative newcomers - e.g. Arnas Velička, Arnoldas Kulboka, Donatas Sabeckis, Eigirdas Žukauskas, Gytis Radzevičius, Ignas Brazdeikis, Karolis Lukošiūnas, Tadas Sedekerskis, Benas Griciūnas - perform in game play with Team Lietuva.

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-20-2022, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            We have a game against Czech Rep though. Maksvytis took the best that was available ATM (I mean he tried).

Kleiza says the rumor is Brazdeikis looks good in the camp.

That game for Czechs is do or die for us is like we gonna finish first group at worst case 5-1.

No big deal for NT to bother best/older players to come twice in same summer.

If NT would be trouble like under Maskoliunas JV and Domas would help like slovenia and croatia nba players are helping now.

This camp is more for Brazdeikis,Sedekerskis,Kulboka,Velicka,Dimsa show what they got before best players will join.

+ help Grigonis get in basketball shape.
            Last edited by Shawshank; 06-20-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• These 2 most intriguing to see in the first place to me.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Me I find all the newcomers equally intriguing. We'll see who leaves the biggest mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  Me I find all the newcomers equally intriguing. We'll see who leaves the biggest mark.

That Biovela though

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I had to look up Biovela. Biovela is fine just as Rokiškio Sūris, VIČI and Kalnapilis have been. They're all light years preferable to the betting site sponsors, e.g. TonyBet, Betsafe, etc, Lithuanian teams have had in the past.

Last edited by Hepcat; 06-22-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                      if final squad was based ONLY on Krepinis.net organized top50 election results:
                      D.Sabonis T.Sedekerskis
                      M.Grigonis R.Giedraitis
                      I might be naive, but we need one more PG. Maybe Kariniauskas could prove himself to be worthy after somewhat disappointing season. There should also be some clear vision regarding the usage of Kuzminskas and Giedraitis. We lacked it during the last few years. Otherwise these are just names with no contribution. Also, having 4 bigs seems to be too much.
                      Last edited by Miškinis; 06-22-2022, 08:58 AM.
                      Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

• i also strongly would suggest to take one more ball handler that can beat opponnets pressing.

to go tournament with only 2 guards that can dribble the ball for real would be risky bussiness.

Grigonis and Giedraitis/Brazdeikis or what ever else with their 1m98 and 2m00 is simply bad beating pressing defences from smaller guards.

So we all talking how basketball is going guards way and we will take only 2 real driblling players and 3 centers? that makes no sense

Lets imagine Kariniauskas foot is injured like he said himself .

Take somebody from Velicka/Zemaitis/D.Giedraitis as 12th player incase some shit will happen with any of 2 main pointguards.

Objectively is everything fine that player wont play,but we simply have to have one more real fast guard on bench not Sg-SF type big body put on guard position.

Kazlauskas used to play Kalnietis and Seibutis 30min+ all the time,but still always had on bench in main tournaments Delininkaitis/Juskevicius/Vasiliauskas/kid Lekavicius/Kariniauskas types on bench in case something bad will happen.
                        Last edited by Shawshank; 06-22-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Tonight's roster
                          Griciunas
                          Echodas
                          Miniotas
                          Kulboka
                          Sedekerskis
                          Zukauskas
                          Brazdeikis
                          Lukosiunas
                          Dimsa
                          Grigonis
                          Velicka
                          Sabeckis
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• FOA, Grigonis can handle the ball. It's not like he can't cross the half court line He can even be pushed to 1 quite comfortably and CSKA has been doing it this season. SOA, if we add another guard it should be either worthy or to have potential. When Kazlauskas was taking Delininkaitis he knew what he's taking. Is Kariniauskas or Dimsa as good as these him? No. Delininkaitis was averaging 9ppg for Zalgiris in EL 10/11, shooting 40% threes. Or either Kazlauskas was testing and giving some credit to - 2014 Vasiliauskas, Juskevicius, 2015 Lekavicius, 2016 Grigonis, Kariniauskas.

Who are truly worthy from experienced guards? Obviously no-one. Kariniauskas sucked big time this season and he's always injured. Dimsa had his chance in 2021, but didn't really make any impact. Maybe he deserves another chance, but we can't say like "yeah, he surely deserves a spot". Then, again, I wouldn't mind to have either D. Giedraitis or A. Velicka at the end of the bench as semi tourists. These at least are future (BTW, Zemaitis doesn't make any sense. FOA, he's not even good now and he has no upside).

My take is that we shouldn't take another guard just to have another guard even if he's a scrub, but if we take than let's take those youngsters with upside or Dimsa if he proves something in the camp. Dimsa at least is not complete trash, but he's too inconsistent.

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Tonight's roster
                            Griciunas
                            Echodas
                            Miniotas
                            Kulboka
                            Sedekerskis
                            Zukauskas
                            Brazdeikis
                            Lukosiunas
                            Dimsa
                            Grigonis
                            Velicka
                            Sabeckis
                            Perfect.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• If I could make a poll in this thread, I would make one - will Brazdeikis choke mentally in his first game with NT or will he be cooking instantly? The answer in an hour.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Grigonis' season highlights:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information