Lithuania in Eurobasket 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    Dennis is a ball watcher and is horrible during clutch times. He got better this season with his horrible defense and I am sure he could be a good defender but he is simply not interested. Germans need a good play maker beside him maybe then he could be usable.
    On other hand, he still 27, so probably in 2022 we'll see his best version. I think Schroder and Maodo Lo (often playing together) can bring enough aggressiveness and scoring power from the perimeter.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      He should give it with the German NT then or let it say he does it sometimes and Germany loses especially the important games. Bonga is a tall guy who can defend thats Kleber too but these one sided guys dont help much. Thats the reason why Akpinar stood beside Schröder in the last tournament. Well, it didnt help a bit but nevertheless...
      I posted his 2019 WC numbers...

Hepat, absolutely. It should be much more strict. I would make a case for the player to have direct national ties (blood related) or to play at least 6 years in the country to have a shot to be naturalized.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        A few years ago I remember that Germany plucked a player off Poland's soccer/football squad for their own team.

Three youngest were born in 1984-85. Looks like all three moved with their families to Germany before attending soccer
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

The more I think about 20's, the more I want some guy as Maksvytis in the NT. Dude is legit coach, and at the same time flexible enough, and yet doesn't over complicate things. Watching how Maskoliunas trying to set on something which gives only zero benefits, and imagining that Jasikevicius probably would still overdo a little bit with asking too many intangibles from a players and thus cutting down natural flow (his ego and crazy desire to prove himself would probably wouldn't allow to avoid that), I'm starting to think Maksvytis might be a perfect fit for new generation. A guy who would allow to play basketball and not to squeeze and stop the ball all the time. Saras' PO data showed that he's trying to do the same thing with stars that he was trying to do with mediocre guys in Zalgiris. This way he can overachieve in Zalgiris, but Barsa looked like the team which plays below roster's capabilities for 4 games out of 5 in the 8finals. The last thing I want to see in 20s, it's the same turtle basketball we played in 10's with basically zero guys who can put it on the deck. I watched Brazdeikis stint last night, and the dude will have a long way to go obviously, but there's that package, that legit beefy body which moves and splits the D. It's not some Grigonis attempt to brake the D which he actually can't brake in EL with his thin and fragile frame. Brazdeikis can provide real slashing presence. With upcoming point guards who all have the size and physicality to tare it up from perimeter, adding Brazdikis who is a big wing that puts the ball on deck, we should bury the turtle basketball for good. It's not gonna happen in a day, but god knows it would be a about time to play some real ball game and not squeeze the damn ball.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Germany without Shroeder qualified to Olympics. I told you all that team is upcomming and not joke at all.

Federation made a deal with 2pot level team that we got automatically from pot 4.

Total blunder by our federation.

Our first 3 games in eurobasket 2022 looks like that:

day 1 vs Slovenia
            day 2 vs France
            day 3 vs Host Germany

all teams made Olympics.

good luck to our NT try to have a good start in eurobasket 2022 after federation blunder.

Comment

Will Kuzminskas play next year or will oldest players be 1992/Maskvytis generation + youngsters?

Comment

I'm not sure whether Kuzminskas "played" this year.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-05-2021, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Heading to the new Olympic cycle I think changes are needed. New head coach shouldn't be concerned with instant winning. The start of Olympic cycle should be dedicated for building the basis of long term exit from Lithuanian basketball crisis. My thesis will be radical and I'm 90% certain that we won't have a coach who would have balls to go after such vision, but we need a real rebuild. 2016 7th, 2017 9th, 2019 9th, 2021 did not qualify. That's the biggest crisis ever witnessed. New coach should build new talented, hungry group of players that can win big things deeper in the decade not entirely tanking 2022 it self.

Let's start from the bigs. IMO, we should let Valanciunas rest finally at least for one tournament (and if he will be used in the future, he should be just another guy, playing through him is instant failure of the whole concept). It would be a great chance to see what we can play not just trying to brake the wall with the head. We need to throw Domas at 5 full time, more as a facilitating 5 rather than scoring 5. Tubelis should be absolute lock at 4. It's a must. Probably Gudaitis as a back-up would be a good idea as he's better defender than JV and plays within the flow much more naturally. Then we have to finally take Sedekerskis, lame excuses should be gone. Now it's gonna sound radical, but both Kuzminskas and R. Giedrairtis should go. Giedraitis had a decent chance to prove himself as a role player, but he's just not a good role player. Just as Kuzminskas is not. Those guys are good when they are key players for their clubs, but in the NT these guys can't be key players. Thus I don't see the need to continue with these guys cause they simply can't bring what we need as a role players and we can't build around them and to expect to win either, they are not good enough for that. Young wings with bigger upside in Brazdeikis and Sirvydis should change them. Grigonis is a solid role player long term and he should be useful, but he can't lead us. Kalnietis said he's not retiring yet, but he shouldn't be invited to 2022, there's simply no point. I also would question the meaning of inviting Lekavicius a little bit. We know what he can bring, but at this point we have upcoming talented point guards who should be pushed in front quite aggressively if we want to end the streak of mediocrity and losing sooner rather than later. Most likely I would include Lekavicius, but even he shouldn't be considered as a lock at this point.

Jokubaitis, Velicka, Lekavicius
                  Grigonis, Brazdeikis,
                  Sirvydis, Ulanovas, Butkevicius
                  Sedekerskis, Tubelis
                  Sabonis, Gudaitis

Velicka, Brazdeikis would provide slashing and ISO presence, Sirvydis hopefully would provide spacing, size, passing and shooting (still a problem for us), Sedekerskis and Tubelis would provide defence, athleticism and agility and guys like Ulanovas, Butkevicius are most reliable role players. I have little doubt new comers as Brazdeikis, Sirvydis wouldn't be worse as Giedraitis and Kuzminskas were in couple of last tournaments and we badly need rebuild. Otherwise we are set for disappointing results with the rosters without the upside. Either we bring more talent or we can forget about winning. Let's not even talk about Doncic, it's enough for Mannion to Italy to reach another level. 20yo makes the difference. We should start the rebuild.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Lietuva 2022

Jokubaitis,Velicka,Kalnietis
                    Grigonis,Normantas
                    Ulanovas,Butkevicius,
                    Sedekerskis,Tubelis,Skucas
                    Sabonis,Valanciunas

Coach Maskvytis 3rd asistant and teams psychologist J.Maciulis for toughen up our players before games.

Kalnietis in playing coach role that will share his experience with 2 upcomming PG.

I would add Brazdeikis but he will not be interested playing in eurobasket.Maybe he will come for 2024 Olympic summer like all canadian/americans players does.

I added few players that have balls and can play tough nose defence. When in Day 1 of eurobasket 2022 Doncic gonna start scoring too much Skucas gonna put his ass on the ground from profilactic stand point.

When nothing works from basketball stand point im putting Skucas+Normantas tandem for few minutes to change atmosphere of the game.

I got alergic from super soft pussy character shooters like Giedraitis,Bendzius,Kuzminskas,Masiulis after watching them last 2 weeks.

Comment

Couple of more things. Maskoliunas' game plan collapsed completely. Doncic couldn't dominate more than he did, so the plan was a failure. That's expected, Maskoliunas sucked all year, nothing to discuss here. But we shouldn't make a scapegoat out of him and to pretend that we don't have issues with Lithuanian basketball. Maskoliunas said he won't play Domas and JV together, but when the pressure came he did exactly this. We stepped into the same flowin which kills us for a long time now. The idea to play through JV was pestilent when he badly sucked at both ends of the floor in 2016, we lost against Greeks in 2017 because Greeks killed us in p'n'r situation, in 2019 two game winners were sunk in front of Jonas in the same p'n'r situations, now against Slovenia to start JV and to allow Doncic to get it going and to play limited, one-dimentional offense was doomed to failure. Our main problem is that we are raising the question how to make JV happy and not how to make Lithuania happy. JV can get his 15pts, but he makes everyone around worse and he doesn't play D. We can't continue to just plain stupid smash the head into the wall and to call this an attempt to play basketball. It's good that some people already understand that and they finally see the problem. It's time to understand there's zero chance to win this way, it's worst possible scenario for us. Slow predictable offense when one man is active and other completely off and we suck at D is just the dead end. I don't know where will we go with new identity, but I know for certain, we have 4 tournaments as factual data, playing through JV is instant failure. We should turn the page, we already hesitated too much.

Another thing, the way FIBA is build today, we need a head coach who is completely dedicated to NT only. There will be WC qualification and it's damn hard to do the job if you coach in the club as well. May solution in this position would be unpopular probably, but I think we should try "grow" our own coach from the bottom. Our most talented young coach who would agree to coach just NT is LKL coach of the year Mantas Šernius. Yes, he lacks actual experience with big teams and he probably won't be the one who would fire up NT, but we would have young, talented, analytical, up to date young coach who has a lot of rooms to grow. IMO, he made enough of noise with Prienai and showed that he knows how to work with young talent and we need to add new talent to the NT, it's most vital now. Other choice is Kemzura. He doesn't have contract, give him decent NT contract, allow him to work only with NT. The guy is already proven, he can make bold decisions as to play modern run and gun basketball in 2010. Personally, I think we need complete new page with completely up do date coaching and Šernius is praised by Jasikevičius for a reason, so if we can't have Jasikevičius, we should take another promising coach. Maksvytis has his club and NT deserves proper attention. It has been a disaster lately. Let's hire modern geek of BB and allow him to go through mistakes and experience early in Olympic cycle and expect to build a solid basis for long term culture. Have him as a head coach, hire Žibėnas as his assistant, probably take Brazys as assistant coach as well (IMO, Matkevičius has to step down, it takes too long and NT has been failing for too long with him as a member of coaching). It will be really hard now to get a good coach, so maybe to give a chance to young and talented coach would be a good idea and to emphasize long term and not instant goals.

Finally, it's funny how badly Velicka is underrated in Lithuania He is probably the most dominant PG prospect ever in Lithuania. As the No.1 option he grabbed 4 medals, he is most expressed individual profile even compared to Jasikevicius, Jokuabitis, Marciulionis, he was sinking game winners and carrying the teams on his won shoulders literally in the clutch time and he comes after a good season, but when we express our hopes about increasing our PG spot qualities no-one even mention him. It's incredible. It's phenomena of worth extended research.
                      Last edited by Straight forward; 07-05-2021, 01:50 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        Lietuva 2022

Jokubaitis,Velicka,Kalnietis
                        Grigonis,Normantas
                        Ulanovas,Butkevicius,
                        Sedekerskis,Tubelis,Skucas
                        Sabonis,Valanciunas

Skucas and Normantas can be a bad asses in LKL, but not NT Nor they would be lock down defenders...Skucas would be eaten alive...It's out of hand, IMO. You can't just take solid LKL defenders and to think this will transit to NT. The loss affected you too much.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Maskoliunas said he won't play both Cs against Slovenia? Maskoliunas fired Magic head coach... um, said that Brazdeikis won't make NT?

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Maskoliunas said he won't play both Cs against Slovenia? Maskoliunas fired Magic head coach... um, said that Brazdeikis won't make NT?
                            He said that when he was hired, his first interview. As for Brazdeikis, Maskoliunas said himself that he talked with Iggy and expressed very clearly to him that no-one will give him guaranteed spot in the NT. IMO, that's mistake. When you invite player, you don't necessary need to say say he's a lock, but you surely don't try to emphasize that you may be easily cut. Off course, we don't have the record, so maybe Brazdeikis asked this question himself whenever he can expect a spot (which I doubt that he did), but from that interview I've got an impression that Maskoliunas himself wanted to be sure that Brazdeikis would know that it's an open competition and that Iggy has to embrace this and to compete for it. IMO, at this point it was a mistake. You just invite and say you want a player and then look what happens with him, cut him if needed, but don't emphasize this possibility apriori. IMO, it was just another horrible public relations act of Maskoliunas...Which actually may have longer term affect looking at 2022.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              He said that when he was hired, his first interview.
                              In 2019. What a flip flopper
                              As for Brazdeikis, Maskoliunas said himself that he talked with Iggy and expressed very clearly to him that no-one will give him guaranteed spot in the NT.
                              [OUTRAGE] Rookie has to earn it

Comment

Skucas and Normantas can be a bad asses in LKL, but not NT Nor they would be lock down defenders...Skucas would be eaten alive...It's out of hand, IMO. You can't just take solid LKL defenders and to think this will transit to NT. The loss affected you too much.
                                playing defence its not just playing right basketball defence.Its sometimes it means you need to go nasty as coach Popovich would say .

Have characters on your team that is not afraid to chalenge opponnets menhood and let them over react.Skucas made his career doing just that.

Even on lkl level Skucas was miles ahead in defence compared what Masiulis or Bendzius ale was doing on defence there.

I need more character and fisty fighters.If we cant overclass in tallent it means we have to go other ways.Too manny good guys it should be war there not a picknick .

Im sick and tired watching how those good and fair softies i mentioned before is loosing all important games because of lack of character and physicality.

When one men is killing our olympic dream and scoring 2+1 over and over again can somebody faul him hard and put his ass on ground or not?

All game long we played soft and fair defence againts top 10 world player.

Coach must demand his players faul him f***ing hard no more bulshits 2+1 if one men is killing your team all game long.

But when coach is not a leader and collects bunch of softies shooters it ends up Doncic having offensive party yesterday.

We need find more dirty characters like Jankunas,Maciulis,Kleiza that is not affraid to use elbow when its needed... with those softies we cant win no playoofs games.
                                Last edited by Shawshank; 07-05-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information