Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    I dont believe one men can win medals
    That's the biggest problems with Liths. They don't understand that Slovenia actually have quality. Enough to mention Prepelic (Valancia) and Z. Dragic (Baskonia). Match those 2 with by far best guard in Europe and you likely get the best offensive backcourt in Europe. In other positions there's quality as well. It's huge mistake to think Slovenia is completely scrubby team lead by Doncic.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Really bad luck for LTU again. Dont see LTU beating France but Germany as well as Slovenia cant be count as a clear win. Nevertheless would put LTU on 2 or 3. We on the other hand were really lucky. Georgia is not a problem at all, Russia is too old and too weak backcourt shouldnt be a big problem as well. Shortly said if Turkey ends up being second and LTU being third we could really encounter. Would prefer Germany over LTU but LTU is also not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        I have roster set for 2022 set already as well:

Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Velicka/Kariniauskas
        Grigonis, R. Giedraitis
        Ulanovas, Kuzminskas
        Sabonis, Sedekerskis, Tubelis
        Valanciunas, Gudaitis

A pretty bold prediction more than a year in advance. After all, four of those players haven't yet cracked any full summer team and Vaidas Kariniauskas' participation in the 2016 team can be termed "limited" at best. And there's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

Comment

I agree about federation part. They had to do everything to agree with Georgia. Hopefully it's the last "favor" of this federation.
          Opting to play in Germany was still the correct decision. After all, a Bronze medal is not the goal. If we want to win the Gold, we're going to have to beat the best teams. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Really bad luck for LTU again. Dont see LTU beating France but Germany as well as Slovenia cant be count as a clear win. Nevertheless would put LTU on 2 or 3. We on the other hand were really lucky. Georgia is not a problem at all, Russia is too old and too weak backcourt shouldnt be a big problem as well. Shortly said if Turkey ends up being second and LTU being third we could really encounter. Would prefer Germany over LTU but LTU is also not bad.
            Just make sure Turkish Larkin wouldn't lose motivation to be Turkish till that tournament

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post

A pretty bold prediction more than a year in advance. After all, four of those players haven't yet cracked any full summer team and Vaidas Kariniauskas' participation in the 2016 team can be termed "limited" at best. And there's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

Not sure what do you mean to be honest. I mean those other pieces that you have in mind.

Opting to play in Germany was still the correct decision. After all, a Bronze medal is not the goal. If we want to win the Gold, we're going to have to beat the best teams. Period.
            Any medal at this point is a goal.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Not sure what do you mean to be honest. I mean those other pieces that you have in mind.
              It's simply way too early to speculate on a 2022 team before we even see how the 2021 team performs. Your projections are out too far.

Comment

It's simply way too early to speculate on a 2022 team before we even see how the 2021 team performs. Your projections are out too far.
                Bullseye!
                I say let's wait until the 2021 team plays it's first friendly game before the Kaunas tourney until we make any projections even further into the future lol. I highly doubt 2022 team will be much different from this years squad to begin with imo

Comment

The more I think about German NT, the more crazy federations' agreement looks to me. Let's look at this teams depth chart:

NBA players:

PG: Schroder
                  SG: Bonga
                  SF: Franz Wagner
                  PF: Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti
                  C: Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein

Franz Wagner is not yet in the NBA, but he's gonna be lottery pick this summer and should have an instant impact in the NBA, so he'll surely be a piece for Germany in 2022. Hukporti will also be drafted and probably will head straight to the NBA, even him aside there's 7 NBA players.

Let's add Euroleague players to the puzzle

Schroder, Maodo Lo
                  Bonga, Dedovic
                  Franz Wagner, Paul Zipser
                  Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti[/B], Danilo Barthel
                  Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein, Johannes Voigtmann

As usual our current federation is extremely considerative, jumping straight to the team which nearly beat France in FIBA 2019 and beat Canada and this time they are about to have Wagners Bros, Hartensrtein, Bonga and other big players. As usual a shout out for our federation.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Nonetheless the Lithuanian team is 8-0 against Germany over the years versus 1-1 against Georgia and the victory was the nail biter in which Jonas Mačiulis took it upon himself to carry the team to victory by scoring 34 points.

Comment

Nonetheless the Lithuanian team is 8-0 against Germany over the years versus 1-1 against Georgia and the victory was the nail biter in which Jonas Mačiulis took it upon himself to carry the team to victory by scoring 34 points.

Georgia is on huge decline compared to these times and Germany is on a huge growth. Lithuania vs Germany will be big clash between 2 powerhouses. We will be favorites, don't get me wrong, but it's fist fight.

Notice how Germany should probably be able to gather all NBA/EL team. That's serious. Essentially, after very very long time (00s), we will have a chance to do it as well in 2022. Even now in 2021 we are close to it if we would consider both Kalnietis and Kuzminskas as EL level players. I have a position that the country where basketball is national sports (the only in Europe) should be able to gather NT which consists only of EL/NBA players. If we can't do that, it's probably a sign of crappy job of federation (previous and current ones). Both in Vilnius and Kaunas I see too little basketball street courts (just to mention one of things that I don't understand), but I see "Krepsinio namai" taking place in the old town of Kaunas. As absolutely basketball crazy nation with deep traditions we shouldn't ever drop lower than top 5 in FIBA rankings.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The more I think about German NT, the more crazy federations' agreement looks to me. Let's look at this teams depth chart:

NBA players:

PG: Schroder
                        SG: Bonga
                        SF: Franz Wagner
                        PF: Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti
                        C: Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein

Franz Wagner is not yet in the NBA, but he's gonna be lottery pick this summer and should have an instant impact in the NBA, so he'll surely be a piece for Germany in 2022. Hukporti will also be drafted and probably will head straight to the NBA, even him aside there's 7 NBA players.

Let's add Euroleague players to the puzzle

Schroder, Maodo Lo
                        Bonga, Dedovic
                        Franz Wagner, Paul Zipser
                        Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti[/B], Danilo Barthel
                        Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein, Johannes Voigtmann

As usual our current federation is extremely considerative, jumping straight to the team which nearly beat France in FIBA 2019 and beat Canada and this time they are about to have Wagners Bros, Hartensrtein, Bonga and other big players. As usual a shout out for our federation.
                        Your logic works a bit too simple. The more NBA players the better... First of all this lineup of yours is nonsense because the Germans would never play with such young and inexperienced players together.

When you take a closer look to some names. Moritz cant defend and wont probably be in the States till 2022. Bonga can only defend and has 0 offensive upside. Yes Germany has many valuable Bigs but is very thin in other areas and they must also work with one of the worst decision maker in the history of Basketball.

Theiss, Kleber, Voigtmann and Barthel are clearly in front of the others and you dont need more guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          Your logic works a bit too simple. The more NBA players the better... First of all this lineup of yours is nonsense because the Germans would never play with such young and inexperienced players together.

When you take a closer look to some names. Moritz cant defend and wont probably be in the States till 2022. Bonga can only defend and has 0 offensive upside. Yes Germany has many valuable Bigs but is very thin in other areas and they must also work with one of the worst decision maker in the history of Basketball.

Theiss, Kleber, Voigtmann and Barthel are clearly in front of the others and you dont need more guys.
                          You shouldn't exhibit your interpretation and than name of the name of my logic I never said the more NBA player the better, I'm saying Germany is too sacked to be treated as mediocre team, the one that you would want to be in the same group and so on. I don't see how 22yo Bonga or 21yo lottery pick would be too young to crack Germany's roster. If they will want it, they will be in the team, IMO. To complain about Schroder who is at the time among among top three European point guards (along with Doncic and Rubio) is a bit out of hand TBH. When you have a guy who can give you 20/9/4 and 22ef (5th in 2019 WC), you don't particularly pointing out at his decision making. I never said it's a perfect team, but it can be deadly on a given night and they never even had their all pieces together yet.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

You shouldn't exhibit your interpretation and than name of the name of my logic I never said the more NBA player the better, I'm saying Germany is too sacked to be treated as mediocre team, the one that you would want to be in the same group and so on. I don't see how 22yo Bonga or 21yo lottery pick would be too young to crack Germany's roster. If they will want it, they will be in the team, IMO. To complain about Schroder who is at the time among among top three European point guards (along with Doncic and Rubio) is a bit out of hand TBH. When you have a guy who can give you 20/9/4 and 22ef (5th in 2019 WC), you don't particularly pointing out at his decision making. I never said it's a perfect team, but it can be deadly on a given night and they never even had their all pieces together yet.
                            He should give it with the German NT then or let it say he does it sometimes and Germany loses especially the important games. Bonga is a tall guy who can defend thats Kleber too but these one sided guys dont help much. Thats the reason why Akpinar stood beside Schröder in the last tournament. Well, it didnt help a bit but nevertheless...

Comment

Dennis is a ball watcher and is horrible during clutch times. He got better this season with his horrible defense and I am sure he could be a good defender but he is simply not interested. Germans need a good play maker beside him maybe then he could be usable.

Comment

I have a position that the country where basketball is national sports (the only in Europe) should be able to gather NT which consists only of EL/NBA players.
                                I have a position that the national team of any country should consist of only nationals. That's why all this talk of who Slovenia will "naturalize" now makes me roll my eyes. (What do they have, some sort of clinic where nationality change operations are performed?) And Germany is particularly notorious in the sports world for having curious "nationals". A few years ago I remember that Germany plucked a player off Poland's soccer/football squad for their own team. As if Germany has ever had a shortage of star soccer players. My Dutch buddy was particularly contemptuous of that move.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information