Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lithuania in Eurobasket 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    The more I think about German NT, the more crazy federations' agreement looks to me. Let's look at this teams depth chart:

NBA players:

PG: Schroder
    SG: Bonga
    SF: Franz Wagner
    PF: Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti
    C: Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein

Franz Wagner is not yet in the NBA, but he's gonna be lottery pick this summer and should have an instant impact in the NBA, so he'll surely be a piece for Germany in 2022. Hukporti will also be drafted and probably will head straight to the NBA, even him aside there's 7 NBA players.

Let's add Euroleague players to the puzzle

Schroder, Maodo Lo
    Bonga, Dedovic
    Franz Wagner, Paul Zipser
    Moritz Wagner, Daniel Theis, Ariel Hukporti[/B], Danilo Barthel
    Maxi Kleber, Isaiah Hartenstein, Johannes Voigtmann

As usual our current federation is extremely considerative, jumping straight to the team which nearly beat France in FIBA 2019 and beat Canada and this time they are about to have Wagners Bros, Hartensrtein, Bonga and other big players. As usual a shout out for our federation.
    Your logic works a bit too simple. The more NBA players the better... First of all this lineup of yours is nonsense because the Germans would never play with such young and inexperienced players together.

When you take a closer look to some names. Moritz cant defend and wont probably be in the States till 2022. Bonga can only defend and has 0 offensive upside. Yes Germany has many valuable Bigs but is very thin in other areas and they must also work with one of the worst decision maker in the history of Basketball.

Theiss, Kleber, Voigtmann and Barthel are clearly in front of the others and you dont need more guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Your logic works a bit too simple. The more NBA players the better... First of all this lineup of yours is nonsense because the Germans would never play with such young and inexperienced players together.

When you take a closer look to some names. Moritz cant defend and wont probably be in the States till 2022. Bonga can only defend and has 0 offensive upside. Yes Germany has many valuable Bigs but is very thin in other areas and they must also work with one of the worst decision maker in the history of Basketball.

Theiss, Kleber, Voigtmann and Barthel are clearly in front of the others and you dont need more guys.
    You shouldn't exhibit your interpretation and than name of the name of my logic I never said the more NBA player the better, I'm saying Germany is too sacked to be treated as mediocre team, the one that you would want to be in the same group and so on. I don't see how 22yo Bonga or 21yo lottery pick would be too young to crack Germany's roster. If they will want it, they will be in the team, IMO. To complain about Schroder who is at the time among among top three European point guards (along with Doncic and Rubio) is a bit out of hand TBH. When you have a guy who can give you 20/9/4 and 22ef (5th in 2019 WC), you don't particularly pointing out at his decision making. I never said it's a perfect team, but it can be deadly on a given night and they never even had their all pieces together yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

You shouldn't exhibit your interpretation and than name of the name of my logic I never said the more NBA player the better, I'm saying Germany is too sacked to be treated as mediocre team, the one that you would want to be in the same group and so on. I don't see how 22yo Bonga or 21yo lottery pick would be too young to crack Germany's roster. If they will want it, they will be in the team, IMO. To complain about Schroder who is at the time among among top three European point guards (along with Doncic and Rubio) is a bit out of hand TBH. When you have a guy who can give you 20/9/4 and 22ef (5th in 2019 WC), you don't particularly pointing out at his decision making. I never said it's a perfect team, but it can be deadly on a given night and they never even had their all pieces together yet.
    He should give it with the German NT then or let it say he does it sometimes and Germany loses especially the important games. Bonga is a tall guy who can defend thats Kleber too but these one sided guys dont help much. Thats the reason why Akpinar stood beside Schr÷der in the last tournament. Well, it didnt help a bit but nevertheless...

Dennis is a ball watcher and is horrible during clutch times. He got better this season with his horrible defense and I am sure he could be a good defender but he is simply not interested. Germans need a good play maker beside him maybe then he could be usable.

Exclamation

I have a position that the country where basketball is national sports (the only in Europe) should be able to gather NT which consists only of EL/NBA players.
    I have a position that the national team of any country should consist of only nationals. That's why all this talk of who Slovenia will "naturalize" now makes me roll my eyes. (What do they have, some sort of clinic where nationality change operations are performed?) And Germany is particularly notorious in the sports world for having curious "nationals". A few years ago I remember that Germany plucked a player off Poland's soccer/football squad for their own team. As if Germany has ever had a shortage of star soccer players. My Dutch buddy was particularly contemptuous of that move.

Dennis is a ball watcher and is horrible during clutch times. He got better this season with his horrible defense and I am sure he could be a good defender but he is simply not interested. Germans need a good play maker beside him maybe then he could be usable.
    On other hand, he still 27, so probably in 2022 we'll see his best version. I think Schroder and Maodo Lo (often playing together) can bring enough aggressiveness and scoring power from the perimeter.

He should give it with the German NT then or let it say he does it sometimes and Germany loses especially the important games. Bonga is a tall guy who can defend thats Kleber too but these one sided guys dont help much. Thats the reason why Akpinar stood beside Schr÷der in the last tournament. Well, it didnt help a bit but nevertheless...
    I posted his 2019 WC numbers...

Hepat, absolutely. It should be much more strict. I would make a case for the player to have direct national ties (blood related) or to play at least 6 years in the country to have a shot to be naturalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    A few years ago I remember that Germany plucked a player off Poland's soccer/football squad for their own team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Germany#Poland

Three youngest were born in 1984-85. Looks like all three moved with their families to Germany before attending soccer

The more I think about 20's, the more I want some guy as Maksvytis in the NT. Dude is legit coach, and at the same time flexible enough, and yet doesn't over complicate things. Watching how Maskoliunas trying to set on something which gives only zero benefits, and imagining that Jasikevicius probably would still overdo a little bit with asking too many intangibles from a players and thus cutting down natural flow (his ego and crazy desire to prove himself would probably wouldn't allow to avoid that), I'm starting to think Maksvytis might be a perfect fit for new generation. A guy who would allow to play basketball and not to squeeze and stop the ball all the time. Saras' PO data showed that he's trying to do the same thing with stars that he was trying to do with mediocre guys in Zalgiris. This way he can overachieve in Zalgiris, but Barsa looked like the team which plays below roster's capabilities for 4 games out of 5 in the 8finals. The last thing I want to see in 20s, it's the same turtle basketball we played in 10's with basically zero guys who can put it on the deck. I watched Brazdeikis stint last night, and the dude will have a long way to go obviously, but there's that package, that legit beefy body which moves and splits the D. It's not some Grigonis attempt to brake the D which he actually can't brake in EL with his thin and fragile frame. Brazdeikis can provide real slashing presence. With upcoming point guards who all have the size and physicality to tare it up from perimeter, adding Brazdikis who is a big wing that puts the ball on deck, we should bury the turtle basketball for good. It's not gonna happen in a day, but god knows it would be a about time to play some real ball game and not squeeze the damn ball.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123