2022 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robert0326
    My Latest Mock draft 2021 (Season 47) draft: It will change soon when application comes and placing of draft positions

1ST - BWB: McKinney - This guy is legit, Think of Mikey, he can do the same 2X..
    2ND - ALA: Holt - Alaska will found a next franchise player in him..
    3RD - TER: Statham - Imagine of Munzon - Statham duo? TER will be legit playoff contender (Or SMB!!! hehehehehehehe)
    4TH - ALA (From PHX): Rosser - Alaska will push to pick needs of their team after getting super talent like Holt, and Rosser fills the shoes of next Sonny Thoss for them..
    5TH - GINEBRA: Brickman - Tenorio is not getting younger, he's a good replacement for him.. Hope CTC will not bench him..
    6TH - NLEX - Gray - CYG will pick a guy who can score and create shots, He can be also a Norwood v.2 for CYG...
    7TH - ROS - Barefield - ROS need a good PG and can score too.. A sleeper in case he wants to join the draft too...
    8TH - NORTHPORT - Alvano - Bolick might heading to Japan after this season.. They need a replacement starting guard afterwards...
    9TH - TNT (From SMB): Tiongson - TNT needs future replacement for Kelly Williams, Kelly is not getting younger and Tiongson will be good replacement for Kelly...
    10TH - ROS (From Meralco): Domingo - Either Tiongson or Domingo will be headed to ROS, depending what TNT picks, But both still a good pick for them
    11TH - MAGNOLIA: Bates - It could be Justin Arana but i think Arana might headed to Gilas draft or Japan B-League, A Reavis replacement for sure..
    12TH - BWB (From TNT) - Rivero - The 1st homegrown to be pick here.. And this team needs new faces to lift the struggling team

I'm not include Baltazar, Arana or Tuffin here yet because either they will go Gilas draft or overseas professional league...
    Here, Gray might be overkill for NLEX. They have plenty of wings (Trollano, Semerad, Oftana), and Yeng might not have playing time for both of them.

Agree naman ako sa Tiongson pick for TNT. He's a versatile defender, but Kelly's replacement, hmmm. Well, in terms of play style, but position, he's more of a 3/4. Can't go wrong with him and Domingo.

Tiongson and Domingo also fit ROS well. They're building an identity of versatile defenders, and both fit this mold. They can guard 3, 4, and even 5 in All-Filipino situations.

Comment

I just think that Ginebra is always win mode mentality.. They will not pass out him if available.. Especially if some of my mentioned will not join afterwards... And he's a PG that any team wants.. If Alaska will need a PG in their 4th pick then i will put Brickman at 4th.. But since Alaska have lots of PG in their current line up and Holt is a guard too then Alaska might go for a big man instead... Terrafirma can pick Brickman too but Statham is also a legit talent that hard too pass up.. I can revise it after PBA season and who will be the applicants.. But with these more easy leeway process of eligibility of draft in the PBA (Passport only), Those Fil-Ams will take these opportunity right away to join.. And with the rise of Mikey Williams, other teams will ask their agents to connect to those Fil-Ams now to join next year...
      The Gray part is actually my preference. Higher upside, younger, and he actually fills the forward and even guard position. Plus, from what I'd remember, he'd like to play for Ginebra. Yes, after Dillinger and JDV, they have Onwubere, Aljon, and Arvin as their under 30 forwards.

Ay, oo nga, no. Brickman would also be a great fit for Ginebra after LA and Pringle. Ginebra has only Scottie, Ayaay, and Salado as their guards who are under 30. Sa bigs, they still have Caperal and Holmqvist after Japeth and CStand. Unfortunately, that U30 roster picture means jack if they can't develop them.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
        That's a lot of forwards. Gray, Hill, Statham, Rosser, Domingo, and Tiongson.

I only hope that they go to teams that actually need them, which I think are plenty.
        I hope at least one of these forwards goes to Ginebra this draft, if they don't trade for a quality forward this season. At least fall to the 2nd round if ever. Hehehehehehe.

Comment

Kulang Kamaka hepas ph passport will be done by people here in Pinas..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

My Latest Mock draft 2021 (Season 47) draft: It will change soon when application comes and placing of draft positions

1ST - BWB: McKinney - This guy is legit, Think of Mikey, he can do the same 2X..
            2ND - ALA: Holt - Alaska will found a next franchise player in him..
            3RD - TER: Statham - Imagine of Munzon - Statham duo? TER will be legit playoff contender (Or SMB!!! hehehehehehehe)
            4TH - ALA (From PHX): Rosser - Alaska will push to pick needs of their team after getting super talent like Holt, and Rosser fills the shoes of next Sonny Thoss for them..
            5TH - GINEBRA: Brickman - Tenorio is not getting younger, he's a good replacement for him.. Hope CTC will not bench him..
            6TH - NLEX - Gray - CYG will pick a guy who can score and create shots, He can be also a Norwood v.2 for CYG...
            7TH - ROS - Barefield - ROS need a good PG and can score too.. A sleeper in case he wants to join the draft too...
            8TH - NORTHPORT - Alvano - Bolick might heading to Japan after this season.. They need a replacement starting guard afterwards...
            9TH - TNT (From SMB): Tiongson - TNT needs future replacement for Kelly Williams, Kelly is not getting younger and Tiongson will be good replacement for Kelly...
            10TH - ROS (From Meralco): Domingo - Either Tiongson or Domingo will be headed to ROS, depending what TNT picks, But both still a good pick for them
            11TH - MAGNOLIA: Bates - It could be Justin Arana but i think Arana might headed to Gilas draft or Japan B-League, A Reavis replacement for sure..
            12TH - BWB (From TNT) - Rivero - The 1st homegrown to be pick here.. And this team needs new faces to lift the struggling team

I'm not include Baltazar, Arana or Tuffin here yet because either they will go Gilas draft or overseas professional league...
            Mckinney owns Mikey, I watched all of their matchup, Mckinney is just way better

Comment

Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
              Mckinney owns Mikey, I watched all of their matchup, Mckinney is just way better
              McKinney is so good he took a World Import slot in the ABL when he could’ve used a heritage import slot.

Comment

Defensively, SMB sucks this conference.. As i said before, SMB rather need a defensive type of import ala Freeman or Blakely rather than Brown... SMB will be lucky to be in semis this conference...
                That's why the Vic Manuel trade is not a good one for SMB. I mean, Arwind fit them better, especially on that end. After SMB traded Arwind, they could have used an import who could cover for everyone defensively. And predictably, SMB went with their tried and tested formula of 'overwhelm with sheer firepower.'

SMB's 1-2 in their first 3. I think they have time to jell, though, and turn this bad start around.
                Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                Phoenix ultimately won the trade since they got Sean Manganti - a 6'4 versatile swingman. In addition to that, they got also Simon Camacho - another 6'4 versatile forward. si Dawn Ochea na lang ang kulang, Phoenix will complete Adamson's versatile forward trio.
                Phoenix will build its team on small ball and versatility, similar to how Topex built his Lyceum teams. Hope they can teach Camacho to shoot. He already has length, athleticism, and some semblance of a handle.

Is Ochea of the same mold, 6'4" forward with the ability to guard and play the perimeter? If so, then Adamson really has a penchant for development of those kinds of forwards.
                Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                Is Ochea of the same mold, 6'4" forward with the ability to guard and play the perimeter?

- As far as I remember, yes, he was a versatile forward during Adamson stint.

"If so, then Adamson really has a penchant for development of those kinds of forwards".

- during the time of both coach leo austria and franz pumaren, Adamson produced lots of tall guards and versatile forwards. during leo austria's time, Adamson produced patrick cabahug, alex nuyles, janus lozada, jansen rios and will stinnett. on the other hand, during franz pumaren's time, Adamson had dawn ochea, sean manganti, simon camacho, jaydee tungcab (moved to up), kurt lojera (moved to dlsu) and tyrus hill (moved to dlsu). we never had a dominant big. papi sarr and lenda douanga were good rim protectors and decent rebounders but were not offensive force inside.
                In that case, Ochea better go to teams that can develop and use him as a small-ball 4, or better, probably a 3. Phoenix, NLEX, NorthPort, RoS, and probably TNT are good fits.

I watched a video that Ochea might go to this coming draft.

Comment

mckinney game might be exposed in pba imo..mikey in abl isnt the real mikey williams
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

when is the draft ?

Comment

• Comment

• I think Encho Serrano has the potential to become a franchise player in the PBA. He is only 22 years old

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
                          I think Encho Serrano has the potential to become a franchise player in the PBA. He is only 22 years old

I was high on this kid before he got buried in DLSUs depth chart. Remember when he played 3x3 with Juan? Kid is really athletic but isn't really a PG

Comment

• Looks like Blackwater will get the number 1 selection for the next draft.

Can Kobe Paras join the next draft? Blackwater can select him and reunite with older brother Andre. Hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                              Looks like Blackwater will get the number 1 selection for the next draft.

Can Kobe Paras join the next draft? Blackwater can select him and reunite with older brother Andre. Hehe.
                              With the way he's currently playing, he'll have a hard time cracking the top 5 especially if they relax the rules on Fil-foreigners

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                                With the way he's currently playing, he'll have a hard time cracking the top 5 especially if they relax the rules on Fil-foreigners
                                I am even 50/50 if Niigita re-signs Kobe and find another Asian import.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information