Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: USA NT 2021 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Kevin Love pulled out to. Not fit enough to play.
    Thank God, what is Colangelo thinking, giving slots to players that they didnt even seen enough in a training camp
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Kevin Love pulled out to. Not fit enough to play.

That was painfully obvious for anyone who has seen him in any of the exhibitions. Let's hope Randle or any of the other bigs that were snubbed to leave room for Love do not hold a grudge against USAB and join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    That was painfully obvious for anyone who has seen him in any of the exhibitions. Let's hope Randle or any of the other bigs that were snubbed to leave room for Love do not hold a grudge against USAB and join the team.
    Former Gilas naturalized prospect Javal mcgee to the rescue for team USA...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Former Gilas naturalized prospect Javal mcgee to the rescue for team USA...
    This is exactly the kind of center they need, although I was hoping for a younger, more decorated player. McGee hasn't played much this year, but was in Denver's playoff roster so he shouldn't be completely out of shape.

Never really imagined Javale McGee, US Olympian, but it's probably worth it just to troll Shaq. Doubt he will get serious playing time anyway.

Keldon Johnson is just a guy, but he's been there training with the team and playing in the exhibitions so why not. If the NBA finals guys ever show up he won't play much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

I'm not sold on Keldon Johnson. He's a wingman, not a guard. He's not going to get any minutes with Booker, Grant, Tatum and Middleton around. But that first game against France, they really need a ballhandling guard to back Lillard up. They're a rolled ankle away from being forced to play LaVine 40 minutes at PG.

McGee isn't some incredible fit for international game. Some c that could stretch the floor would be way more useful imo.

Keldon Johnson is a really good role plyer for this team, which is exactly what they need. One of the few guys who camp into camp in shape and seemed unbothered by the physicality of FIBA ball. Throughout the first three exhibition games he had some impressive cuts to the hoop, was active defensively and didn’t hesitate to make a play when he got the ball.

I think McGee must just be there to keep the team loose & provide energetic bench celebrations. I understand what they think he can provide conceptually but he’s NBA coach didn’t trust him for even spot minutes on a depleted Nuggets team. The best version of McGee could provide some some rim protection/rim running value in short bursts & can definitely get from baseline to baseline faster than opposing FIBA centers his size. The one way he could be really impactful is if he develops a quick knack for knocking the ball off the cylinder, which he’s done thousands of times by accent throughout his career.

I’m relieved Love is gone and while you never want to lose a player the caliber of Beal, sometimes guys at that level are easier to unlock when they know they’ll have a defined role. Huge opportunity for LaVine to prove himself on the biggest stage of his career that’s not a dunk contest.
    Last edited by ChuckDiesel2; 07-17-2021 at 07:52 AM.

LaVine out. Lillard's ballhandling duties extend now to all 40 minutes of the game, until Holiday arrives. They're saying they will wait for LaVine instead of replacing him, but that puts the body count against France dangerously low. They have 8 able players, and one of them hasn't even dressed for Team USA yet.

i dont get with all this positive test only in Usa team.

Its seems usa checking their players like nba teams every day twice. Other NT checks their players once in 3 days?

Because otherwise i dont get in usa there more positive tests with 9 only players in roster than in other 11 NT combined.

If Usa starting Olympics with 8 players thats would be funny

If we could just get Walter Hodge to switch from the USVI to the US we don't need any other guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    i dont get with all this positive test only in Usa team.

Its seems usa checking their players like nba teams every day twice. Other NT checks their players once in 3 days?

Because otherwise i dont get in usa there more positive tests with 9 only players in roster than in other 11 NT combined.

If Usa starting Olympics with 8 players thats would be funny
    Yeah, I'm curious what the deal is with LaVine, he already had covid a few months ago and he is probably vaccinated (he already had the first shot when he got covid before). It would be incredibly bad luck if he were infected again, and it seems pretty extreme if they're holding him out just for having contact with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious what the deal is with LaVine, he already had covid a few months ago and he is probably vaccinated (he already had the first shot when he got covid before). It would be incredibly bad luck if he were infected again, and it seems pretty extreme if they're holding him out just for having contact with someone.
    Lesson about Lavine for other players in covid times stay at home with your pants on.

Usa NT team 8 players in olympic village should not be allowed to exit their room or again rent some huge ship for entire team because in that olympic village is going real parties between athletes and covid will go from body to body .

I saw S.Kerr and Popovich is running in usa practises getting in shape,but i doubt it can work even if those 2 will remember their playing days and usa nt will need extra bodies in some games.

Holiday, Middleton, Booker and LaVine are all headed to Tokyo and are capable of being complete game changers. Save for maybe Luka Doncic, there isn't a playmaker in this competition that Holiday won't make life miserable for. Grant and McGee never need to play in non Iran/blowout games. Very interested to see how Pop's rotations will shake out, but I'd like something like this.

Dame/LaVine
    Holiday/Booker
    Middleton/Tatum
    Durant/Johnson
    Bam/Green

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    Holiday, Middleton, Booker and LaVine are all headed to Tokyo and are capable of being complete game changers. Save for maybe Luka Doncic, there isn't a playmaker in this competition that Holiday won't make life miserable for. Grant and McGee never need to play in non Iran/blowout games. Very interested to see how Pop's rotations will shake out, but I'd like something like this.

Dame/LaVine
    Holiday/Booker
    Middleton/Tatum
    Durant/Johnson
    Bam/Green
    If LaVine arrives tomorrow he may be able to participate against France. That's good news indeed for a team which was very shorthanded.

But, before getting fired up about those additions, please consider that LaVine was on the court in both losses against Nigeria and Argentina, Middleton was part of the 7th-place team on 2019, and Booker really doesn't provide anything this roster didn't already had in spades. Holiday's defense and playmaking make make a real difference, though.

If LaVine arrives tomorrow he may be able to participate against France. That's good news indeed for a team which was very shorthanded.

But, before getting fired up about those additions, please consider that LaVine was on the court in both losses against Nigeria and Argentina, Middleton was part of the 7th-place team on 2019, and Booker really doesn't provide anything this roster didn't already had in spades. Holiday's defense and playmaking make make a real difference, though.
    Booker will be absolutely vital to this roster, especially with Beal out. I get the sense you’re not familiar with many of these guys but you’ll learn soon enough.

Booker will be absolutely vital to this roster, especially with Beal out. I get the sense you’re not familiar with many of these guys but you’ll learn soon enough.
    Well, I don't follow the NBA that much, but Booker is, essentially, a ball-dominant scorer. And that role is something this NT isn't exactly lacking. Maybe he has learned to play off the ball this year with Chris Paul. But Lillard is no Paul. He's not a lockdown defender, nor a good rebounder, and even shot worse than average (34%) from the three-point line this season. I'm sure he could be very efficient as a scorer if the team fed him the ball, but sharing the court with Lillard and Durant I don't see that happening soon.

I may be completely wrong, but it seems likely coach Popovich will find more minutes for better defenders like Johnson and Holiday, or better shooters like LaVine.

Well, I don't follow the NBA that much, but Booker is, essentially, a ball-dominant scorer. And that role is something this NT isn't exactly lacking. Maybe he has learned to play off the ball this year with Chris Paul. But Lillard is no Paul. He's not a lockdown defender, nor a good rebounder, and even shot worse than average (34%) from the three-point line this season. I'm sure he could be very efficient as a scorer if the team fed him the ball, but sharing the court with Lillard and Durant I don't see that happening soon.

I may be completely wrong, but it seems likely coach Popovich will find more minutes for better defenders like Johnson and Holiday, or better shooters like LaVine.
    Firstly I'm not sure why you're under the impression this team doesn't need scoring. When things bog down (as they always do) Team USA absolutely needs a bucket getter to bail them out. This was the case for even the star laden 08 and 12 teams. Alleviating the offensive pressure will also allow everyone else to exert more effort defensively, force turnovers and get out in transition. Everything else negative you seem to have gleamed about Booker from reading his stats I can only shrug.

Firstly I'm not sure why you're under the impression this team doesn't need scoring. When things bog down (as they always do) Team USA absolutely needs a bucket getter to bail them out. This was the case for even the star laden 08 and 12 teams. Alleviating the offensive pressure will also allow everyone else to exert more effort defensively, force turnovers and get out in transition. Everything else negative you seem to have gleamed about Booker from reading his stats I can only shrug.
    I believe that he's implying that Booker is great scorer but not extremely good shooter. With many players in USA team being great scorers it's really questionable what new Booker can bring. He won't get role or playing time he's getting in Suns for sure. Sure he can help somewhat, but not exactly game changer.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I believe that he's implying that Booker is great scorer but not extremely good shooter. With many players in USA team being great scorers it's really questionable what new Booker can bring. He won't get role or playing time he's getting in Suns for sure. Sure he can help somewhat, but not exactly game changer.
    He’s a game change for the pressure he’ll put on opposing defenses and help alleviate from his teammates offensively. Our glaring disadvantage is lack of cohesion, and in those many instances when things break down and we just need a bucket, Booker is a fantastic weapon to have. No one gets “the same role or playing time” on their national team as they do professionally, so that’s irrelevant. Booker has the talent to be very impactful in the role he’s in, as do Middlton and Holiday. You’ll all learn soon enough.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast