Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USA NT 2021 Olympics

Default USA NT 2021 Olympics

USA Basketball Announces 57 Finalists for U.S. Olympic Menís Team

16 Olympians and 24 World Cup Team Members Among Finalists

Adding 15 players to 42 previously selected USA Basketball Menís National Team finalists, 57 athletes today were announced by USA Basketball as finalists for the U.S. Olympic Menís Basketball Team. The player selections were approved by the USA Basketball Board of Directors. The official 12-member U.S. Olympic Menís Basketball Team roster will be announced later this year.

Added to the 2021 USA National Team roster, from which the U.S. Olympic Menís Basketball Team will be selected, were - Jarrett Allen (Cleveland Cavaliers); Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets); Jerami Grant (Detroit Pistons); Blake Griffin (Brooklyn Nets); Jrue Holiday (Milwaukee Bucks); DeAndre Jordan (Brooklyn Nets); Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls); Julius Randle (New York Knicks); Duncan Robinson (Miami Heat); Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks); Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors); John Wall (Houston Rockets); Zion Williamson (New Orleans Pelicans); Christian Wood (Houston Rockets);and Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks).

Forty-two of the athletes who were named as finalists on Feb. 10, 2020, also were confirmed for the 2021 list, including: Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat); LaMarcus Aldridge (San Antonio Spurs); Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards); Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns); Malcolm Brogdon (Indiana Pacers); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); Jimmy Butler (Miami Heat); Mike Conley (Utah Jazz); Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors); Anthony Davis (Los Angeles Lakers); DeMar DeRozan (San Antonio Spurs); Andre Drummond (Cleveland Cavaliers); Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets); Paul George (LA Clippers); Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors); James Harden (Brooklyn Nets); Montrezl Harrell (Los Angeles Lakers); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Tobias Harris (Philadelphia 76ers); Gordon Hayward (Charlotte Hornets); Dwight Howard (Philadelphia 76ers); Brandon Ingram (New Orleans Pelicans); Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets); LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Kawhi Leonard (LA Clippers); Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); JaVale McGee (Cleveland Cavaliers); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); Victor Oladipo (Houston Rockets); Chris Paul (Phoenix Suns); Mason Plumlee (Detroit Pistons); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); Russell Westbrook (Washington Wizards); and Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).

Best case scenario/2021 Dream Team roster-

Curry/Lillard/Paul
    Harden/Beal
    Leonard/George/Butler
    James/Durant
    Davis/Zion*

Narrowly edges Bam.

Have a feeling the compressed offseason will result in a lot of drop outs, but they could still field a gold medal team by selecting only from guys who didn't make the playoffs.

Lowry/VanVleet/Brogdon
    Curry/LaVine
    Hayward/Ross
    Ingram/Grant
    Green/Zion/Turner

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    Have a feeling the compressed offseason will result in a lot of drop outs, but they could still field a gold medal team by selecting only from guys who didn't make the playoffs.

Lowry/VanVleet/Brogdon
    Curry/LaVine
    Hayward/Ross
    Ingram/Grant
    Green/Zion/Turner
    sorry, but this roster doesn't scream "sure Gold medal" to me - a similar quality roster was sent to WC2019 and they were embarrassed there. I think the days of any NT in basketball dominating others to this extent are long gone

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    sorry, but this roster doesn't scream "sure Gold medal" to me - a similar quality roster was sent to WC2019 and they were embarrassed there. I think the days of any NT in basketball dominating others to this extent are long gone
    The roster 2019 was way weaker than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Not even close to similar to the 2019 roster. A multiple MVP. Four NBA champions. Better shooting. Bigger. More experienced. More athletic. Better defending. Better playmaking. Smarter. More explosive. I could go on.

Not even close to similar to the 2019 roster. A multiple MVP. Four NBA champions. Better shooting. Bigger. More experienced. More athletic. Better defending. Better playmaking. Smarter. More explosive. I could go on.
    It's a good team for the tournament. Better than 2019, but I am not sure they will take home the gold.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Of course there are no sure things in FIBA tournaments. Know far better than to declare a winner on paper. Perhaps should have added "worthy" after "gold medal." Top tier talent like Curry does make up for a lot of the disadvantages USA Basketball faces though (unfamiliarity among teammates/international game, practice time, inability to adjust to style/officiating) In 2010 we faced those same disadvantages without a top tier roster but overcame them because we had Kevin Durant. The 2019 roster didn't have a single top tier star.

Lillard, Tatum and Green committed to play today.

Kawhi commited to this team right? I think he wants an Olympic gold to his legacy
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Lillard, Tatum and Green committed to play today.

Tatum has NOT committed as of yet. Dame and Draymond committing early is huge though, hopefully others follow suit. Time to remind the world of the natural order of basketball.
    Last edited by ChuckDiesel2; 06-15-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Tatum has NOT committed as of yet. Dame and Draymond committing early is huge though, hopefully others follow suit. Time to remind the world of the natural order of basketball.
    Ok.

Thought I saw something about Tatum today. But maybe not.

Edit:

Correction. Tatum has indeed committed to play.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...622344192?s=20
    Last edited by mojo13; 06-15-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Haha yeah, a couple hours after you had him confirmed. Bradley Beal looks to be next.

Haha yeah, a couple hours after you had him confirmed. Bradley Beal looks to be next.
    Maybe I saw an "expected to" rumor earlier in the day. I'm no Nostradamus.

2019 all nba top 15 players: Giannis,George,Jokic,Harden,Curry,Durant,Leonard,E mbiid,Lillard,Irving,Griffin,James,Gobert,Westbroo k,Walker

Team USA 2019 had one player from top 15 Kemba Walker.

2021 all nba top 15 players: Jokic,Giannis,Doncic,Leonard,Curry,James,Randle,Em biid,Lillard,Paul,Butler,George,Gobert,Beal,Irving .

16th player by media votes was Tatum.

We already see Lillard,Beal,Tatum agreeing to play from top16. Just those 3 makes this Usa olympic team alot stronger than Usa 2019 team.

Leonard said his plan is to play in Olympics if healthy.

ps. I would love to see Curry in Olympics basketball tournament alot.

If I ran USA basketball Iíd be doing everything in my power to recruit both Curry brothers in tandem. Not only does Seth help lure Steph, heís one of the best shooters on the planet himself and knows how to be a role player, often a lost art among ďstarsĒ with more responsibility on their NBA teams. Would also target Norman Powell and Royce OíNeal for defensive size and toughness on the wing.

Devin Booker commitment is pretty huge and suprising, considering he’ll has almost no time between the end of the Suns playoff run and the start of the Olympics.

Lillard
    Beal
    Booker
    Tatum
    Green.

Pretty damn good first five. Chris Paul, Steph Curry and Zion Williamson are the next three targets.

Kevin Durant has committed to Team USA. Will be interesting to see who comes in 2nd and 3rd.

The tweet from Shams https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...06856148582410

Got to admit I did NOT expect KD to suit up for Team USA this Summer, an a promising line up now looks fantastic.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast