X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA NT 2021 Olympics

USA Basketball Announces 57 Finalists for U.S. Olympic Men’s Team

16 Olympians and 24 World Cup Team Members Among Finalists

Adding 15 players to 42 previously selected USA Basketball Men’s National Team finalists, 57 athletes today were announced by USA Basketball as finalists for the U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team. The player selections were approved by the USA Basketball Board of Directors. The official 12-member U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team roster will be announced later this year.

Added to the 2021 USA National Team roster, from which the U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team will be selected, were - Jarrett Allen (Cleveland Cavaliers); Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets); Jerami Grant (Detroit Pistons); Blake Griffin (Brooklyn Nets); Jrue Holiday (Milwaukee Bucks); DeAndre Jordan (Brooklyn Nets); Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls); Julius Randle (New York Knicks); Duncan Robinson (Miami Heat); Mitchell Robinson (New York Knicks); Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors); John Wall (Houston Rockets); Zion Williamson (New Orleans Pelicans); Christian Wood (Houston Rockets);and Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks).

Forty-two of the athletes who were named as finalists on Feb. 10, 2020, also were confirmed for the 2021 list, including: Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat); LaMarcus Aldridge (San Antonio Spurs); Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings); Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards); Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns); Malcolm Brogdon (Indiana Pacers); Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics); Jimmy Butler (Miami Heat); Mike Conley (Utah Jazz); Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors); Anthony Davis (Los Angeles Lakers); DeMar DeRozan (San Antonio Spurs); Andre Drummond (Cleveland Cavaliers); Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets); Paul George (LA Clippers); Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors); James Harden (Brooklyn Nets); Montrezl Harrell (Los Angeles Lakers); Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets); Tobias Harris (Philadelphia 76ers); Gordon Hayward (Charlotte Hornets); Dwight Howard (Philadelphia 76ers); Brandon Ingram (New Orleans Pelicans); Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets); LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers); Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers); Kawhi Leonard (LA Clippers); Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers); Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks); Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers); Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors); JaVale McGee (Cleveland Cavaliers); Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks); Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz); Victor Oladipo (Houston Rockets); Chris Paul (Phoenix Suns); Mason Plumlee (Detroit Pistons); Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics); Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers); Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics); Russell Westbrook (Washington Wizards); and Derrick White (San Antonio Spurs).

More!

Comment

Best case scenario/2021 Dream Team roster-

Curry/Lillard/Paul
      Harden/Beal
      Leonard/George/Butler
      James/Durant
      Davis/Zion*

Narrowly edges Bam.

Comment

Have a feeling the compressed offseason will result in a lot of drop outs, but they could still field a gold medal team by selecting only from guys who didn't make the playoffs.

Lowry/VanVleet/Brogdon
        Curry/LaVine
        Hayward/Ross
        Ingram/Grant
        Green/Zion/Turner

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
          Have a feeling the compressed offseason will result in a lot of drop outs, but they could still field a gold medal team by selecting only from guys who didn't make the playoffs.

Lowry/VanVleet/Brogdon
          Curry/LaVine
          Hayward/Ross
          Ingram/Grant
          Green/Zion/Turner
          sorry, but this roster doesn't scream "sure Gold medal" to me - a similar quality roster was sent to WC2019 and they were embarrassed there. I think the days of any NT in basketball dominating others to this extent are long gone

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
            sorry, but this roster doesn't scream "sure Gold medal" to me - a similar quality roster was sent to WC2019 and they were embarrassed there. I think the days of any NT in basketball dominating others to this extent are long gone
            The roster 2019 was way weaker than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
              Not even close to similar to the 2019 roster. A multiple MVP. Four NBA champions. Better shooting. Bigger. More experienced. More athletic. Better defending. Better playmaking. Smarter. More explosive. I could go on.

Comment

Not even close to similar to the 2019 roster. A multiple MVP. Four NBA champions. Better shooting. Bigger. More experienced. More athletic. Better defending. Better playmaking. Smarter. More explosive. I could go on.
                It's a good team for the tournament. Better than 2019, but I am not sure they will take home the gold.
                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Of course there are no sure things in FIBA tournaments. Know far better than to declare a winner on paper. Perhaps should have added "worthy" after "gold medal." Top tier talent like Curry does make up for a lot of the disadvantages USA Basketball faces though (unfamiliarity among teammates/international game, practice time, inability to adjust to style/officiating) In 2010 we faced those same disadvantages without a top tier roster but overcame them because we had Kevin Durant. The 2019 roster didn't have a single top tier star.

Comment

Lillard, Tatum and Green committed to play today.

Comment

Kawhi commited to this team right? I think he wants an Olympic gold to his legacy
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                        Lillard, Tatum and Green committed to play today.

Tatum has NOT committed as of yet. Dame and Draymond committing early is huge though, hopefully others follow suit. Time to remind the world of the natural order of basketball.
                        Last edited by ChuckDiesel2; 06-15-2021, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Tatum has NOT committed as of yet. Dame and Draymond committing early is huge though, hopefully others follow suit. Time to remind the world of the natural order of basketball.
                          Ok.

Thought I saw something about Tatum today. But maybe not.

Edit:

Correction. Tatum has indeed committed to play.

Last edited by mojo13; 06-15-2021, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Haha yeah, a couple hours after you had him confirmed. Bradley Beal looks to be next.

Comment

Haha yeah, a couple hours after you had him confirmed. Bradley Beal looks to be next.
                              Maybe I saw an "expected to" rumor earlier in the day. I'm no Nostradamus.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information