Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: USA NT 2021 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Usa with NBA players and coaching staff without Popovich. Undefeated
    Popovich had no part in 2006 USA semifinal lose.

Unless the Czechs pull the upset of a lifetime this result is irrelevant. USA can still qualify as the best second and will enjoy the same QF matchup as if they had won the group.

Having said that, can we talk about Durant's defence, or lack thereof?

And now his buddies in the media are gonna push the narrative that the world is catching up in order to cover for his incompetence. Yeah it’s catching up if Popovich is the coach which I turn leads to slower pace with players passing up shots, not attacking and passing for the sole reason of passing. No purpose behind it. And of course the overall acceptance of losing that Popovich has shown since day one of his hire.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    I think he meant undefeated in Olympic play. Still I do think we took Coach K for granted. Six tournaments, 5 titles, 1 loss.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

I meant Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    I think he meant undefeated in Olympic play. Still I do think we took Coach K for granted. Six tournaments, 5 titles, 1 loss.
    I admit I can’t stand the guy and everything he stands for as American. But his performance makes it so easy.

I meant Olympics.
    2008 and 2012 USA team was miles better than this 2021 team.

2016 and 2021 is comparable. In 2016 Olympics Usa beat France only by 3 points too in last minute of game.

France is tough matchup for USA.They have athletism to jump and run with USA and France have way more fiba experience.

2008 and 2012 USA team was miles better than this 2021 team.

2016 and 2021 its comparable. In 2016 Olympcis Usa beat France only by few points too in last minute of game.

France is tough matchup for USA.They have athletism to jump and run with USA and France have way more fiba experience.
    The final 3 point margin in that game was cosmetic. They were up comfortably in final minutes.

I feel a US coach would be better served having experience with Super Teams, than having success with a 'do it the right way' defensive mindset team. Larry Brown (who I will always have a soft spot for) wasn't a great USA coach either.

I know Usagre hates Steve Kerr as well, but I think he would be better suited for the role than Pop.

I feel a US coach would be better served having experience with Super Teams, than having success with a 'do it the right way' defensive mindset team. Larry Brown (who I will always have a soft spot for) wasn't a great USA coach either.

I know Usagre hates Steve Kerr as well, but I think he would be better suited for the role than Pop.
    Say what you want about Larry Brown but at least he eliminated Spain who was undefeated and full of great players and also beat an excellent Lithuanian team for the Bronze despite a flawed roster with no outside shooting. What Popovich will accomplish in this tournament will be unprecedented.

I said it at the time the Popovich hire was a life time achievement kind of selection. It made no sense. He was old to set in his ways and preached the antithesis of what made Usa basketball successful. Now we are reaping the rewards.
    A mind boggling 6 losses in 2 years.

I never get your obsession with them hating the country? They hated a garbage sack of shit who served as President, that's over now, so we can just say Pop has absolutely sucked as US coach without going into nonsense about hating the country.
    Fuck you. How about the current big government loving sack of shit who raised taxes immediately after taking office?

Keep your political comments out of this thread or I'll stuff them back down your throat every time. I don't back down - ever.

Americans really did well considering their preparations and the inclusion of 3 players. People blaming the coaching staff is understandable but they should take in the consideration of their preparations. No team in the world can prepare like the Americans and still make this game as close at it was. If they only prepared longer then upsets like this is more unlikely to happen.

Popovich postgame comments as expected. No accountability. Just praising the opponent as usual. Not surprised they lost. Well obviously he loses more than he wins lately. 3-5 last 8 so why should he be surprised? An absolute clown.

It’s almost like during the 4th quarter collapse instead of trying to help his team he’s thinking about his postgame hand shake with yet another victorious opposing coach who has thoroughly out coached him and what cute, friendly, submissive remark he can make to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Fuck you. How about the current big government loving sack of shit who raised taxes immediately after taking office?

Keep your political comments out of this thread or I'll stuff them back down your throat every time. I don't back down - ever.

Wow wasn't expecting that, I've downright disrespected Canada's team and not gotten that response. "I'll stuff them down your throat every time" my god are you 12?

But yeah that's the last and only time I'm mention US politics here, things can get heated enough without it.

edited: because I shouldn't escalate. Lets just go back to talking about how shit Pop is as US coach.
    Last edited by Dtown; 07-25-2021 at 03:36 PM.

How can you lead a team when you’re inherently one of the most divisive people in the country. His job is to unite individuals into a team. He does the opposite in his personal life. A great group of high IQ players like Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard and many other made him and not the other way around. He is a miserable pathetic figure now.
    Ok that’s enough even for me. What else can I say about the guy ?

Exclamation

I havenít been on for almost 2 years because this site jumped the shark for me a while a go but this was just to sweet to resist.
    How did this site "jump the shark"? Sure, it's suffered from dwindling activity as has almost every other discussion forum due to competition from Facebook and all the twits going to Instagram, but what would you say happened here specifically? And hopefully you're not one of those who contributed to the decline by moving your posting to Facebook.

Wow wasn't expecting that lol, fuck you too lol

but yeah that's the last and only time I'm mention US politics here.
    Fair enough. Incidentally I'm a (Canadian) Libertarian so none of that lot down South live up to my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    How did this site "jump the shark"? Sure, it's suffered from dwindling activity as has almost every other discussion forum due to competition from Facebook and all the twits going to Instagram, but what would you say happened here specifically? And hopefully you're not one of those who contributed to the decline by moving your posting to Facebook.

No I just donít post anywhere anymore. Sure theirs a lot of old time posters still here many of which I have opposite opinions but still respect their knowledge on the sport greatly. Many Lithuanians, Serbians and others that everyone is familiar with. Fellow Americans as well. I just felt like the rest of society political views and agendas which were hidden have now become exposed and I want no part of it. Honestly itís probably a statement as society and the direction it is going as whole more than this specific site.
    But that said the crop of new posters over the last couple of years has diminished dramatically in quality.
    Then I remind my self that I was watching Olympic basketball in 1984 when they werenít even born yet and understand it better.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast