USA NT 2021 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    Fuck you. How about the current big government loving sack of shit who raised taxes immediately after taking office?

Keep your political comments out of this thread or I'll stuff them back down your throat every time. I don't back down - ever.

Wow wasn't expecting that, I've downright disrespected Canada's team and not gotten that response. "I'll stuff them down your throat every time" my god are you 12?

But yeah that's the last and only time I'm mention US politics here, things can get heated enough without it.

edited: because I shouldn't escalate. Lets just go back to talking about how shit Pop is as US coach.
    Last edited by Dtown; 07-25-2021, 03:36 PM.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

• How can you lead a team when you’re inherently one of the most divisive people in the country. His job is to unite individuals into a team. He does the opposite in his personal life. A great group of high IQ players like Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, Kawhi Leonard and many other made him and not the other way around. He is a miserable pathetic figure now.
      Ok that’s enough even for me. What else can I say about the guy ?
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
        I haven’t been on for almost 2 years because this site jumped the shark for me a while a go but this was just to sweet to resist.
        How did this site "jump the shark"? Sure, it's suffered from dwindling activity as has almost every other discussion forum due to competition from Facebook and all the twits going to Instagram, but what would you say happened here specifically? And hopefully you're not one of those who contributed to the decline by moving your posting to Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
          Wow wasn't expecting that lol, fuck you too lol

but yeah that's the last and only time I'm mention US politics here.
          Fair enough. Incidentally I'm a (Canadian) Libertarian so none of that lot down South live up to my standards.

Comment

How did this site "jump the shark"? Sure, it's suffered from dwindling activity as has almost every other discussion forum due to competition from Facebook and all the twits going to Instagram, but what would you say happened here specifically? And hopefully you're not one of those who contributed to the decline by moving your posting to Facebook.

No I just don’t post anywhere anymore. Sure theirs a lot of old time posters still here many of which I have opposite opinions but still respect their knowledge on the sport greatly. Many Lithuanians, Serbians and others that everyone is familiar with. Fellow Americans as well. I just felt like the rest of society political views and agendas which were hidden have now become exposed and I want no part of it. Honestly it’s probably a statement as society and the direction it is going as whole more than this specific site.
            But that said the crop of new posters over the last couple of years has diminished dramatically in quality.
            Then I remind my self that I was watching Olympic basketball in 1984 when they weren’t even born yet and understand it better.

Comment

• There are nine million other places on the internet to give your opinions on American politics so let's stick to opinions on the American basketball team here. My opinion is that we suck this year.

Lillard's second-half disappearances are not going unnoticed.
              Originally posted by Fedfan
              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
              Originally posted by GuTO
              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• I remeber us when we played a one-ball match against them in Rio and thought whe have chances and they drove over us in the final like a train. They are still a bunch of big champions and will adapt and by far the best team but Durant is alpha and omega and his performance was a scandal. I still think if both teams reschedule and play again it will be different game. Slovenia and Spain have their chances here. Big tournament upcoming. Enjoyable.

To me this defeat comes by surprise I have to admit. I disagree this team is lile 2016. It's best since 2014.

Comment

I said it at the time the Popovich hire was a life time achievement kind of selection. It made no sense. He was old to set in his ways and preached the antithesis of what made Usa basketball successful.
                  1. But previously you said that he was "trying to transform" to FIBA style. How is this indicative of Coach Popovich being set in his ways?

2. How could Coach Popovich have won so much with the Spurs if he was preaching the antithesis of what made U.S.A. basketball successful?

Not that I'm a big supporter of Coach Popovich or anything (I really don't know anything about him other than whom he's coached), it's just that I pick up on inconsistencies in people's remarks.

Last edited by Hepcat; 07-25-2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                    There are nine million other places on the internet to give your opinions on American politics so let's stick to opinions on the American basketball team here. My opinion is that we suck this year.

Lillard's second-half disappearances are not going unnoticed.
                    Not to mention that last turnover which was just awful

Comment

• How about the coverage in the US. 5 networks are simultaneously broadcasting different Olympic events yet you had to stream it to watch it. I think surfing and skateboarding were prioritized. That off the heels of the 2019 worlds tournament that was also only available thru stream. What a joke. And Vince Carter and some guy I never heard of doing commentary was brutal. I even heard the announcer say that Gallinari plays for the Atlanta SEAHAWKS in an earlier game. No idea what was going on all game long today. I had to mute them. Not like there was a crowd anyway.

Comment

How about the coverage in the US. 5 networks are simultaneously broadcasting different Olympic events yet you had to stream it to watch it. I think surfing and skateboarding were prioritized. That off the heels of the 2019 worlds tournament that was also only available thru stream. What a joke. And Vince Carter and some guy I never heard of doing commentary was brutal. I even heard the announcer say that Gallinari plays for the Atlanta SEAHAWKS in an earlier game. No idea what was going on all game long today. I had to mute them. Not like there was a crowd anyway.
                        Regarding the streaming, yes that was awful, I luckily already had Peacock but seriously you have 4 networks how did they not broadcast it on any of them. Worse the game was advertised for NBC, at least say it's only on Peacock. The dumbest thing is they'll probably play it at 8 pm and claim it's live.

Comment

1. But previously you said that he was "trying to transform" to FIBA style. How is this indicative of Coach Popovich being set in his ways?

2. How could Coach Popovich have won so much with the Spurs if he was preaching the antithesis of what made U.S.A. basketball successful?

Not that I'm a big supporter of Coach Popovich or anything (I really don't know anythingabout him other than who he's coached), it's just that I pick up on inconsistencies in people's remarks.

The Spurs Popovich system is a myth. It was Tim Duncan firstly with an excellent supporting cast. After that Popovich hasn’t done anything.
                          USA basketball has a proven blue print. Fast paced offense and pressure defense. The opposite of Popovich style. As well as the overpassing and passing up great shots just to meet the touches quota. Another Popovich staple. Other than Duncan and Kawhi just about every other key Spurs player was an international with a certain mentality. That’s what Popovich knows and has known his entire career for the most part.
                          That background does not help him and is a handicap when coaching USA. And he is too rigid to adapt. And for me the worst part is the deference and outright genuflecting he shoes to foreign coaches and players goes way overboard and hurts the confidence of his own players.
                          Last edited by usagre; 07-25-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                            Regarding the streaming, yes that was awful, I luckily already had Peacock but seriously you have 4 networks how did they not broadcast it on any of them. Worse the game was advertised for NBC, at least say it's only on Peacock. The dumbest thing is they'll probably play it at 8 pm and claim it's live.
                            It was mind boggling. They were discussing Vince Carter’s dunk over Weis in 2000 and how Vince would order him career accomplishments including Olympic gold and dunk contest winner during crucial moments of the game.

Comment

How about the coverage in the US. 5 networks are simultaneously broadcasting different Olympic events yet you had to stream it to watch it. I think surfing and skateboarding were prioritized. That off the heels of the 2019 worlds tournament that was also only available thru stream. What a joke. And Vince Carter and some guy I never heard of doing commentary was brutal. I even heard the announcer say that Gallinari plays for the Atlanta SEAHAWKS in an earlier game. No idea what was going on all game long today. I had to mute them. Not like there was a crowd anyway.
                              Yeah I think this is the worst Olympic coverage since probably Sydney, they are cutting back on the television coverage in favor of streaming and using men's basketball to sell Peacock subscriptions.

Vince Carter barely opened his mouth but I will still take that over Fran Fraschilla giving every player's life story and dropping the names of all his coaching friends while the game goes on in the background. For the non-US games if you want to watch them live it seems like we are stuck with the generic world feed announcers who barely know the names of the players.
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                                I think he meant undefeated in Olympic play. Still I do think we took Coach K for granted. Six tournaments, 5 titles, 1 loss.
                                I admit I can’t stand the guy and everything he stands for as American. But his performance makes it so easy.
                                That's still Coach Popovich to which you're referring, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information