2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
    I am not so sure about that, the last time an all-PBA team faced Italy, they got rekt by 46 points. If the Hawks lose in Game 7 to the Sixers they could still get Gallinari back from Atlanta for the OQT.
    He was not part of their OQT pool

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
      Revelation for me is Navarro. I know he was playing the 4 spot at Ateneo but because he had that foundation playing as a guard back in Greece during his younger years it allows him the flexibility to play the 3 and a little bit of the big guard position as well.
      Navarro was high level today. That chase down block and his block on lee sung jeun jump shit changed complexion of koreas offense..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        indeed. navarro played really good today. is efficiency was top notch. offense and defense. javi was a no show in this window. wonder what happened to him.
        Could be this teams Gabe Norwood....

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Navarro was high level today. That chase down block and his block on lee sung jeun jump shit changed complexion of koreas offense..
          Also that steal and poster dunk the very moment he checked in.
          Originally posted by gideon
          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
            Yes he really did great. I posted that I expected him and Balti to take up the slack offensively for Carl's absence. Balti did not shoot well. But Will did. I hope he continues this aggression. At 6'6 he is one of the taller wings of the team. Defense is his bread and butter but offensive explosions like this make our team harder to defend.

Comment

• I kinda see Tab is going to experiment with a very tall lineup on the Serbia game. I mean Serbia's average height is 6'6" and these guys are no pushovers, and we do have our share of 6'5" - 6'6" players who are flexible enough to play multiple positions. I kinda see a depth chart looking like this against Serbia:

C - Ange
              Pf - Kai
              Sf - Balti
              SG - Ramos
              PG - Heading

And I feel Tab might stick with a 9 man rotation, as he may see the need of always having 7 footer on the floor at all times, so I see a sub pattern of Tamayo subbing for Kai, and then Kai relieving Ange, so a 3 man rotation among them.

Off the bench:

Pf - Tamayo
              Sf- Will Navarro
              Sg - Lopez (?) - *I can see the need of having an athletic and lengthy player like Lopez to match up against the equally tall and quick wings of Serbia.
              Pg - Matt Nieto

Again all just a hypothetical scenario, and I can see Tab trying this lineup out in their tuneup with China.
              Originally posted by PeeZones
              Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

I kinda see Tab is going to experiment with a very tall lineup on the Serbia game. I mean Serbia's average height is 6'6" and these guys are no pushovers, and we do have our share of 6'5" - 6'6" players who are flexible enough to play multiple positions. I kinda see a depth chart looking like this against Serbia:

C - Ange
                Pf - Kai
                Sf - Balti
                SG - Ramos
                PG - Heading

And I feel Tab might stick with a 9 man rotation, as he may see the need of always having 7 footer on the floor at all times, so I see a sub pattern of Tamayo subbing for Kai, and then Kai relieving Ange, so a 3 man rotation among them.

Off the bench:

Pf - Tamayo
                Sf- Will Navarro
                Sg - Lopez (?) - *I can see the need of having an athletic and lengthy player like Lopez to match up against the equally tall and quick wings of Serbia.
                Pg - Matt Nieto

Again all just a hypothetical scenario, and I can see Tab trying this lineup out in their tuneup with China.
                I agree with the first 5. That was the five that pulled away from Indonesia. But Dwight played PG and Heading SG. Will might even play SG if you want a tall defensive team. Lebron is an intriguing prospect. But I'm not sure he "deserves" being picked over Tungcab. Also, it's not clear to me if Matt is healthy enough to go back. I mean SJ and RJ played "decently" in the qualifiers. SJ probably "deserves" that one small PG slot. I think Chiu will get regular minutes as he did here.

Comment

I kinda see Tab is going to experiment with a very tall lineup on the Serbia game. I mean Serbia's average height is 6'6" and these guys are no pushovers, and we do have our share of 6'5" - 6'6" players who are flexible enough to play multiple positions. I kinda see a depth chart looking like this against Serbia:

C - Ange
                  Pf - Kai
                  Sf - Balti
                  SG - Ramos
                  PG - Heading

Off the bench:

Pf - Tamayo
                  Sf- Will Navarro
                  Pg - Matt Nieto

matt is not available for OQT as previously reported.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                    I agree with the first 5. That was the five that pulled away from Indonesia. But Dwight played PG and Heading SG. Will might even play SG if you want a tall defensive team. Lebron is an intriguing prospect. But I'm not sure he "deserves" being picked over Tungcab. Also, it's not clear to me if Matt is healthy enough to go back. I mean SJ and RJ played "decently" in the qualifiers. SJ probably "deserves" that one small PG slot. I think Chiu will get regular minutes as he did here.
                    we need geo because its back to back and I'd rather seat kai for d game or the entire second half at least to pace him for DR (especially if his conditioning only improves moderately 10 days from now).

I am ok with resting 2 players so we can have fresher legs for the 2nd half of back-to-back.

Comment

• Ange/Issac
                      Baltazar/Kai
                      Navarro/Tamayo/Nieto
                      Ramos/Heading/tungcab
                      SJ/RJ

This is the 12 I see for OQT.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                        Ange/Issac
                        Baltazar/Kai
                        Navarro/Tamayo/Nieto
                        Ramos/Heading/tungcab
                        SJ/RJ

i have d same roster, except its geo over tungcab.

especially if d goal is to rest or pace kai for game 2 since d DR game is more winnable compared with d serbia game.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                          i have d same roster, except its geo over tungcab.

especially if d goal is to rest or pace kai for game 2 since d DR game is more winnable compared with d serbia game.
                          Same, our height averages to about 6’6 with that lineup, I think Tab will play Balti and Tamayo as small forwards full time

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                            Ange/Issac
                            Baltazar/Kai
                            Navarro/Tamayo/Nieto
                            Ramos/Heading/tungcab
                            SJ/RJ

Tungcab and Javi will be cut, Lopez will be the 13th man

Comment

• Originally posted by judasmartel View Post
                              Also that steal and poster dunk the very moment he checked in.
                              Parang passive version lang ni dwight, laki ng improvement frlm the soft navarro in jones cup 2018
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                                indeed. navarro played really good today. is efficiency was top notch. offense and defense. javi was a no show in this window. wonder what happened to him.

Navarro,is a good fit for a small ball 3,and a big 2 if needed,lots of guys that can play multi position on this team,Gilas shouldn't bring midget guards in the Olympic qualifier.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information