2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Many messed up things happened in the Gilas Australia brawl, and from both sides.. but unfortunately when things like this happen, all out brawls etc, the focus f attention whether right or not is on the people being mugged on the ground by a crowd. Everything else becomes kind of trivial relative to the scenes of mugging, even if it can be argued the other party instigated things.
    It's really better that we don't bring this incident up again, we will always be on the loosing end with an incident like that. Incidents like that happening on your own soil always will have significant negative impact (as u can see we paid for it dearly)
    I don't honestly believe that. We simply did not handle the situation properly. You know us pinoys, we tend to implode and easily blame ourselves when we encounter a situation. We tend to say sorry, instead of putting ourselves in a situation of strength.
    Its like an economic and political silent, implied, unspoken rule or policy of pinoys.
    Nevertheless, i am saying we are not entirely wrong but we were not able to control the situation that it appeared we were in the wrong all throughout.
    I dare say, fiba would not have been able to do that to china, jordan, or iran given the same situation we have been into.
    That was a show of weakness on the part of SBP and the philippines in general coupled with a lot of pinoys going all out in social media to side with the australians and the other dumbass pinoys making fun of what happened to an outnumbered australian. The culmination of all this, to my mind, makes bringing this issue to fore in the future as a losing endeavor on our side.

Comment

• ^^
      Generally agree

Comment

• Essentially an exception for Kouame made for the 3rd window and/or OQT , (Serbia and DR will not care)will get less opposition from contenders than an exception decision for JC made prior to 2023. I'm confident this will be the anticipated case.

Additionally Kouame does have points for the 2 explicit factors for exception of residency and domestic play, quite strong points actually

Comment

While true there is other "significant connections" criteria, by not meeting any of the 2 main explicit factors /criteria it goes against the principle of explicitly stating the criteria to be used. Essentially Clarkson will be getting zero marks for the 2 main explicit criteria/factors mentioned. The explicit guideline are there for a reason. This will be hard to justify if approved and explained. Rest assured this will be questioned by others, especially with how good Clarkson is. (It's the reality of having opposing competitors, do note the world cup is used as qualification process for the 1 Asian Olympic spot , so an approval of this nature will be questioned by opposing Asian teams for sure , guaranteed

To do this will catch the attention of powerful China no doubt
          but that added criteria is also there for a reason. and by 2023, hopefully clarkson has played for 2 asian games as a local. one of the evidence of "connections".

but as mentioned, we can afford to have him as our naturalized player if kai sotto (and 1 or 2 other bigs) will show growth beyond standard expectations as we would not need kouame or any other naturalized player at either frontcourt positions.

Comment

Essentially an exception for Kouame made for the 3rd window and/or OQT , (Serbia and DR will not care)will get less opposition from contenders than an exception decision for JC made prior to 2023. I'm confident this will be the anticipated case.

Additionally Kouame does have points for the 2 explicit factors for exception of residency and domestic play, quite strong points actually
            ha? kouame does not need an exception yet for qualifiers or OQT.

all he needs is that he becomes naturalized citizen and that he has a passport to show for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
              ha? kouame does not need an exception. all he needs is that he becomes naturalized citizen and that he has a passport to show for it.
              He needs one to play as a local..
              Anyway things are happening behind the scenes.

Let's just say there are strategic approaches

Comment

He needs one to play as a local..
                Anyway things are happening behind the scenes.

Let's just say there are strategic approaches
                yes, but that is basically not for 3rd window or OQT.

its for d 2023 WC or later.

Comment

yes, but that is basically not for 3rd window or OQT.

but for d 2023 WC or later.
                  Get approval when you can, and when it will receive less opposition.
                  It becomes harder to get an exception in 2023, when one has been playing as a NP for 2 years
                  Note if an application for Jawato was made only in 2023 , im not sure , how that would be viewed, chances for approval may actually go down

Comment

Get approval when you can, and when it will receive less opposition.
                    It becomes harder to get an exception in 2023, when one has been playing as a NP for 2 years
                    yes, i am aware of the current strategies etc. but i dont think that will be filed in time for 3rd window or OQT (well, there's more time for d latter).

its May and kouame is not even a filipino citizen yet.

Comment

• If he gets his passport by end of May, puede.

The exception process actually does not take long.. it just needs to be brought to the attention of the sec general. It's also not like there is a line of applications he has to decide on. And lastly the discussions have already started, so it's not like information for case consideration isn't know yet or been communicated and will come as a surprise

You will note as in the case of Jawato, he got his exception pretty much right after his grant of Indonesian citizenship via congress

Comment

If he gets his passport by end of May, puede.

The exception process actually does not take long.. it just needs to be brought to the attention of the sec general. It's also not like there is a line of applications he has to decide on. And lastly the discussions have already started, so it's not like information for case consideration isn't know yet or been communicated and will come as a surprise

You will note as in the case of Jawato, he got his exception pretty much right after his grant of Indonesian citizenship via congress
                        jawato though is "indonesian-american", kouame is a foreigner who is naturalized.

for d indons, it mattered becos they have another naturalized player in their roster and they need both for d asia cup where they need to be at least in d QF.

for gilas, with d pool currently set, i dont think it matters for d 3rd window as i do not think clarson will be available by then (unless jazz is eliminated much earlier than expected). maybe for d OQT.

unless there's a rule that if a player has already played as a naturalized player, he can no longer play as a local?

Comment

yes, i am aware of the current strategies etc. but i dont think that will be filed in time for 3rd window or OQT (well, there's more time for d latter).

its May and kouame is not even a filipino citizen yet.
                          wala pa ba? I think it's more than 30 days already and even without the president's signature it's should automatically take effect. Although the passport should be in process already if he's officially a new Filipino.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            wala pa ba? I think it's more than 30 days already and even without the president's signature it's should automatically take effect. Although the passport should be in process already if he's officially a new Filipino.

i have not seen a publication of the law yet which is a requirement for its effectivity.

The law is also not listed in lawphil project, a very good repository of republic acts and other legal stuff. d most recent laws listed are those signed last March by Duterte.

Comment

i am hoping fiba will allow clarkson to suit up as a local even for just d 2023 wc.
                              Kouame being exempted is more likely than JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
                                Kouame being exempted is more likely than JC
                                it work both ways. if kouame will be recognized as a local, then we can afford JC to play as our naturalized player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information