Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Nah.

In 2023, half of the cadets will be better than pba players I believe so. Especially internationally.

I only have few pba players I want in 2023 gilas poolKiefer, CJ, Wright, and Rayray. ,(,JMF or Japeth depending on their level of play that time),.

PS: I know you are joking. Lol.
    for d final 15 in 2023, not just d pool, i want pogoy. i think by that time, he'll be the best 3-pt shooter (combining productivity and efficiency) in d pba then (he is probably top 3 now).

we probably need just pogoy then if thirdy will play sg for gilas, since we have a number of sgs in d current pool to choose from even if we put ramos as sf.

then we need an elite playmaker as pg from d pba since nieto and heading are more of the racela and cabagnot types of pgs.

Comment

Nah.

In 2023, half of the cadets will be better than pba players I believe so. Especially internationally.

I only have few pba players I want in 2023 gilas poolKiefer, CJ, Wright, and Rayray. ,(,JMF or Japeth depending on their level of play that time),.

PS: I know you are joking. Lol.
      Kiefer, Robert Bolick (hope his injury doesn't diminish much of his speed, agility & hops) & maybe Matt Wright. And that's it. I don't like the idea of having many 30 years old or above players in the team.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Kiefer, Robert Bolick (hope his injury doesn't diminish much of his speed, agility & hops) & maybe Matt Wright. And that's it. I don't like the idea of having many 30 years old or above players in the team.
        bolick will just be 27-28 years old in 2023.

final 15 roster or final 12, you only need 3 pgs at most. that's two pgs from d pba u mentioned. so u only want 1 pg from d current gilas pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
          for d final 15 in 2023, not just d pool, i want pogoy. i think by that time, he'll be the best 3-pt shooter (combining productivity and efficiency) in d pba then (he is probably top 3 now).

we probably need just pogoy then if thirdy will play sg for gilas, since we have a number of sgs in d current pool to choose from even if we put ramos as sf.

then we need an elite playmaker as pg from d pba since nieto and heading are more of the racela and cabagnot types of pgs.
          something abt Roger Pogoy that i dont like is that for a SG he doesnt hv the handles (like Wright & Parks) to match his shooting, so parang Jeff Chan, pwd shooting kaso d handles makes them easier to check internationally

Comment

bolick will just be 27-28 years old in 2023.

final 15 roster or final 12, you only need 3 pgs at most. that's two pgs from d pba u mentioned. so u only want 1 pg from d current gilas pool?
            Either 1GDL or RJ Abarrientos. I also like Dalph Panopio, though Panopio isn't part of the current pool.

BTW, I also like CJ Perez as among the PBA players reinforcing the cadets but he's with SMC so I may as well not hope CJ will wear the Gilas jersey anymore.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Guys, do you think Matt Wright would thrive under coach Tab's system? We all know Wright struggled under coach Chot & coach Yeng. Maybe Wright would be effective under coach Tab

Comment

Guys, do you think Matt Wright would thrive under coach Tab's system? We all know Wright struggled under coach Chot & coach Yeng. Maybe Wright would be effective under coach Tab
                Hmmm. I think so.

I feel Wright is a type of shooter who is more comfortable shooting after a series of screens.

Actually, I feel I need to see more Coch Tab System in Gilas on how they use their shooters. (Also against quality opponents that we will face in Korea, Serbia and Dominican Republic)

I am curious to see if Coach Tab is more of a guard centric coach, wing centric coach, or big men centric coach.

I know european system involves a lot of ball movement off ball and on ball. But I feel a coach can be classified to that 3 types.

But based on the limited knowledge I have about Coach tab system, He is more of a Wing and Swing Centric coach.

You can say that it must be equal to the guards,wings and bigs. But really there is a most-centric in every system

As for Wright again, I think he will flourish with Coach Tab System

Comment

Hmmm. I think so.

I feel Wright is a type of shooter who is more comfortable shooting after a series of screens.

Actually, I feel I need to see more Coch Tab System in Gilas on how they use their shooters. (Also against quality opponents that we will face in Korea, Serbia and Dominican Republic)

I am curious to see if Coach Tab is more of a guard centric coach, wing centric coach, or big men centric coach.

I know european system involves a lot of ball movement off ball and on ball. But I feel a coach can be classified to that 3 types.

But based on the limited knowledge I have about Coach tab system, He is more of a Wing and Swing Centric coach.

You can say that it must be equal to the guards,wings and bigs. But really there is a most-centric in every system

As for Wright again, I think he will flourish with Coach Tab System
                  tab likes players who can defend. he choose matt over gary and never invited chan in 2015.

in 2016, he almost cut chan and was just prodded by his deputies.

if wright can play and defend d sg position well, he will thrive.

unless (by 2023) he really shows that he is an elite scorer like castro and romeo. but then again, defending the shooting guards of other teams is very critical.

Comment

Either 1GDL or RJ Abarrientos. I also like Dalph Panopio, though Panopio isn't part of the current pool.

BTW, I also like CJ Perez as among the PBA players reinforcing the cadets but he's with SMC so I may as well not hope CJ will wear the Gilas jersey anymore.
                    being d host will ensure semi to optimal pba players' participation. just like in 2016 OQT where players were made available even if tab was d coach.

Comment

• I like the idea of having 3-4 guys from the pba in the 2023 gilas roster, especially the names mentioned here like kief, bolick, wright, pogoy, parks, jmf, et al. But that is predicated on them being able to join the gilas pool on at least 1 (preferably more) of the upcoming windows later this year and next year. Being familiar with tab’s system is and should be crucial for a player to make it to the final roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        I like the idea of having 3-4 guys from the pba in the 2023 gilas roster, especially the names mentioned here like kief, bolick, wright, pogoy, parks, jmf, et al. But that is predicated on them being able to join the gilas pool on at least 1 (preferably more) of the upcoming windows later this year and next year. Being familiar with tab’s system is and should be crucial for a player to make it to the final roster.
                        its 6 windows overall. then there's d annual jones cup.

i am sure some can join d games in some windows/tourneys.

Comment

tab likes players who can defend. he choose matt over gary and never invited chan in 2015.

in 2016, he almost cut chan and was just prodded by his deputies.

if wright can play and defend d sg position well, he will thrive.

unless (by 2023) he really shows that he is an elite scorer like castro and romeo. but then again, defending the shooting guards of other teams is very critical.
                          I didn't remember Matt Wright being in the coach Tab Baldwin-mentored Gilas team in 2015. Coach Tab's main shooter in the wings was the aging Dondon Hontiveros.

Also from what I remember, ROS didn't lend Jeff Chan to Gilas in 2015, though ROS lent Norwood. I think coach Tab would have choosen Chan instead of the aging Hontiveros if Chan was available.

Comment

its 6 windows overall. then there's d annual jones cup.

i am sure some can join d games in some windows/tourneys.
                            Well, you cant fault me if i have some doubts. May trauma na tayo jan when it comes to pba players joining gilas especially now with tab’s requirement of joining the camp for at least 3 weeks. But it would be a welcome sight if the pba guys can join. Preferably mga 2 to 3 windows, so they can really immerse themselves in the system. Even clarkson—him joining even just 1 of the windows next year should be the objective. The august 2022 window is our best bet but if schedule permits, baka pwede pati dun sa june-july 2022 window.

Comment

I didn't remember Matt Wright being in the coach Tab Baldwin-mentored Gilas team in 2015. Coach Tab's main shooter in the wings was the aging Dondon Hontiveros.

Also from what I remember, ROS didn't lend Jeff Chan to Gilas in 2015, though ROS lent Norwood. I think coach Tab would have choosen Chan instead of the aging Hontiveros if Chan was available.
                              d matt i am referring to was matt ganuelas. defense over offense. and indeed, after dondon, tab actually played matt over JC.

chan was available in 2015 altho he was injured much of the previous pba conference. there was an article where chan himself said that he was waiting for d invite and that he was healthy and ready but did not get it. maybe he was not allowed by ros. but still there's that 2016 anecdote.

Comment

• ROS implement the 1 per team rule.. it was lee or gabe and as we all know who tab pick..
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information