Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how can enter in a college team here in manila?

Default how can enter in a college team here in manila?

im a senior in mayantoc academy school here in Tarlac.
    i really want to play collegiate ball in college. but i don't know where to start . UST is my 1st choice to study in college, but my brother which graduated there last april told me that its hard to enter the UST lineup because of the so called "PALAKASAN system" he told me to try out for other teams but my problem is what if i will be considered in other colleges knowing that im already enrolled in USt by that time...when are the tryouts for college teams in manila? preferably uaap and ncaa teams ... by the way i play point guard and i stand 5'9" tall. im presently part of team Tarlac Province competing for CLRAA (feb 16-feb 23 2008)here in Palayan City. We already won 2 games defeating san fernando and olongapo. also im playin for Team mayantoc for the league here called the TPBL(Tarlac Provincial basketball LEague) which is organized by our governor and gil cortez jr. Ive played with mark Mendoza in the Rp youth too bad i didnt entered in a any try outs for the rp youth because our place is not well known and by us entering in the quarter finals thats the only time they recognized me but its too late for the try outs because there are already a lineup for rp youth. By the way my name is ruany n. magalued.. pls advice guys...thanks so much

Well here's a tip, before you can enter in any university here in manila try to improve your English.

Anyway you can tryout for the UP maroons, you can be admitted there without even taking an exam. Still you have to flaunt your skills in front of the coaching staff during the tryouts for them to admit you. I also recommend College of Saint Benilde 'cause all of the players from the MBT are removed after the NCAA hoopwars due to Orbeta's game fixing scandal.
    you know why I am happy

visit gameface.ph. you can see a lot of posters connected to various schools in the metro. maybe they can help you.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

I would advise you to try out w/ as many schools as possible. There are altogether 16 teams both in the UAAP & NCAA, hence you have a couple of options to choose from.

Also, don't expect to end up on a team's Team A right away. Those are reserved only for the really good name players. You may end up toiling in a team's Team B for one or two seasons, but that's okay, that will give you time to further hone your skills, & also get good playing time & show your stuff.

you wont really know until..you call them yourself
    you can ask question here but no one really have a definite answer for your question...
    i suggest you call the respective school PE department and ask for the tryouts schedule.
    every team have different system so one answer dont fit all in your question...
    call all the team/school your interested in and go from there...

and yes you might be doing a residency before you get to play a REAL game...
    you sit your @ss for a year or two before you get a game...
    OR if your really that good especially in training then you might get a game that fast...

but since you mentioned that your a pg...the likelihood of you getting a crack at the first team is hard but not impossible...
    since there are players a lot more settled and known the team system longer than you..

but before you fret...CALL THEM FIRST

Here are the numbers of the UAAP and NCAA member schools:

DLSU
    Tel. Nos.: (632) 524-4611 loc 742 (trunk line)
    (632) 526-4244 (direct line)

ATENEO
    Phone Number: (632) 426-6001

FEU
    Trunk line: (632) 735-5621 to 30
    Athletic Department - loc. 254, 300, 735-0233
    P.E. Department - loc. 255

UST
    (632) 406-1611 Loc. 8239632) 731-3126, 7313101

UE
    (02)-735-54-71

Adamson
    +63(2) 521-2619 +63(2) 524-2011, 5257013
    Physical Education Department loc 326

NU
    Tel. Nos.: 749-8221 / 743-7951 / Fax No.: 749-8209

UP
    VoIP: (+632) 981-8500.

San Sebastian College

Letran

PCU
    (02)523-2162

San Beda
    (02) 735-6011/6015

UPHD
    +632-871-0639/873-0052

Saint Benilde
    524-8233

JRU

Mapua
    (632) 527-79-16

For contact numbers of all Metro Manila schools. Please visit:
    http://www.infomaninc.com/philippine...oolcontact.htm
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Quote Originally Posted by rhk111
    I would advise you to try out w/ as many schools as possible. There are altogether 16 teams both in the UAAP & NCAA, hence you have a couple of options to choose from.

Also, don't expect to end up on a team's Team A right away. Those are reserved only for the really good name players. You may end up toiling in a team's Team B for one or two seasons, but that's okay, that will give you time to further hone your skills, & also get good playing time & show your stuff.
    Is there a specific requirement from any Philippine schools for young aspiring talents to be granted athletic scholarship funds ? Would one of the criteria be on their curriculum average or grades to be maintained or just straight recruitment based on exceptional skills ? They have entrance exams do they not ?

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker
    Is there a specific requirement from any Philippine schools for young aspiring talents to be granted athletic scholarship funds ? Would one of the criteria be on their curriculum average or grades to be maintained or just straight recruitment based on exceptional skills ? They have entrance exams do they not ?

Thanks for the reply.
    as far as i know if you are not personally recruited, you need to undergo a series of tryouts. if you will make the grade, you will be given scholarship grants provided you will maintain a certain average in your grades. most of the school leagues around the country have this rule, failing grades means no play.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwalker

Thanks for the reply.
    different school have different kind of leniency towards players
    some are just required to pass their units to remain in a scholarship
    if your heavily recruited by a school then chances are you will not have a hard time with your grades in whoever recruited you.

but really...all this rules of scholarship about keeping an average grade is just for show..
    ive seen some player/student who showed up in my class once or twice in a semester and still pass their units..
    the same units i failed (only coz i was busy with girls than study)
    so worry about the grades when you get there...not before

For UP Maroons, if you are really good you can enter by passing UPCAT and passing the try-outs. If you fail to make it into the team, then your consolation is a pretty good education. Or if you can't pass the UPCAT, you can apply for an Varsity Athletics Admissions System (VAAS) scholarship. BUT for you to have this, you must be really good basketball-wise and you must have a high HS-GWA, otherwise, your VAAS might be denied.
    Also, playing for UP will have you working hard on your acads too since we are known to be academically-strict to and the team will have no qualms in suspending you if you are failing in your acads, as what happened to some of our players before.
    Other than the education that we can provide, don't expect a lot of perks as a UP varsity since we are not as rich as some of the private schools around.
    Good Luck.
    I'm Rick James, beach!

If youre really good, more power to you man...
    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

thank you all for your advices

and for that guy who criticized my english well sorry man

il try to contact those numbers you gave me...thank you again il keep posted whatever happens to me till this coming semester...wish me luck

godbless

Quote Originally Posted by dmag08

il try to contact those numbers you gave me...thank you again il keep posted whatever happens to me till this coming semester...wish me luck

godbless
    The best of luck to you my friend to whatever endeavor you have to take in the future. Go out there and WOW them....

Yeah. And always remember, if you're really good, failing a tryout shouldn't make you question your skills or make-up. Sometimes coaches are just looking the other way...

Arwind Santos didn't make it on his first few tryouts (with La Salle, etc), Cardona too, and so are a lot of pretty good players...
    I'm Rick James, beach!

Quote Originally Posted by dmag08

godbless
    please elaborate who criticized your english since i was the one who gave the phone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dmag08 View Post
    i really want to play collegiate ball in college. but i don't know where to start . UST is my 1st choice to study in college, but my brother which graduated there last april told me that its hard to enter the UST lineup because of the so called "PALAKASAN system" he told me to try out for other teams but my problem is what if i will be considered in other colleges knowing that im already enrolled in USt by that time...when are the tryouts for college teams in manila? preferably uaap and ncaa teams ... by the way i play point guard and i stand 5'9" tall. im presently part of team Tarlac Province competing for CLRAA (feb 16-feb 23 2008)here in Palayan City. We already won 2 games defeating san fernando and olongapo. also im playin for Team mayantoc for the league here called the TPBL(Tarlac Provincial basketball LEague) which is organized by our governor and gil cortez jr. Ive played with mark Mendoza in the Rp youth too bad i didnt entered in a any try outs for the rp youth because our place is not well known and by us entering in the quarter finals thats the only time they recognized me but its too late for the try outs because there are already a lineup for rp youth. By the way my name is ruany n. magalued.. pls advice guys...thanks so much

Participation in the college team is commendable. Only students who are industrious and comprehensively developed can attend college and participate in a college team at the same time.

As for me, students who are college students and who are students of a team that belongs to an educational institution such as a college have the right to use services such as dissertation proposal writing service Paperial.com which proposes dissertation help and which helps students in writing papers if they do not have the time to do homework on writing, if they do not have the mental capacity, if she does not have the physical ability because of the training.

Finally, I want to say that the transition from a college team to a team of another college is only possible if a student changes college!

If you don’t have quality writing skills and don’t know how to write a cause and effect essay, feel free to choose among the best good cause and effect essay topics. Do not hesitate to use any of the cause and effect essay ideas to develop a perfect outline and use it for excellent essay writing.

Getting into college is not that easy. After all, everyone needs to write an introductory essay and take a test. I think you need to try different tests and read books about your industry. It is quite difficult, but you can ask and look for services where they can help you. I now often use the help at this link and am happy with this help. Writing is not easy so maybe it will be useful for you. I wish you the best way to write an entrance exam and get the desired education.

My friends advised me to go to https://studyfy.com/blog but I had not worked with them before. Maybe someone else can advise some services where the money making tips are described

Quote Originally Posted by dmag08 View Post

Dm me your social media account. We can talk there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast