Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3021

Thread: 2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

  1. #1201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    119
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Coaches can really be ridiculous sometimes. Tab said the china test will be a "true game" rather than a less-physical scrimmage. Then he complains about injuries! Including the pains absorbed in the china game.

    He also said his team exceeded expectations. Pinoys hardly lose to koreans in their hometown! That the nt won all games is hardly beyond expectations.
    I don't see how that's "complaining" lmao, China is no stranger being overtly physical, also the game against Korea had no home crowd so that negates almost every external factors that previous wins of the Philippines has over Korea in its homecourt, if you say the 50 or so audience members during that game has any effects over how Korea played(abyssmal performance in the 3 point area and the turnovers) you're full of it, you're really just criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

  2. #1202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,104
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    and i think we can haul at least 3 medals, if Diaz (weight lifting), Yulo ( gymnastics) and Obuena (pole vault) peak at the right time. Add to that US Open Golf Champion Yuka Saso ( who is not yet qualified in the Olympics)
    Diaz wont stand a chance because NZ will be parading a trans weightlifter.lol EDIT they wont be in the same weight class. I dont have an idea about weight lifting.lol

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...er-new-zealand

    Tab didn't go all out because you don't overplay during practice scrimmages. China also sparingly use Zhou Qi.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 06-23-2021 at 03:45 PM.

  3. #1203
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Diaz wont stand a chance because NZ will be parading a trans weightlifter.lol EDIT they wont be in the same weight class. I dont have an idea about weight lifting.lol

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...er-new-zealand

    Tab didn't go all out because you don't overplay during practice scrimmages. China also sparingly use Zhou Qi.
    In weightlifting, Hidilyn was lucky that the contender last time was defaulted in her clean and jerk try enabling her a silver, we hope for the best as this is I think a new weight class (much higher than the class hidilyn won) but the nsa issaying that the added weight was an advantage for hidilyn..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  4. #1204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,199
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Mark your calendar, guys, Get ready to have 2 sleepless nights.

    vs. Serbia July 1 @2:15am
    vs. Dominican Republic July 2 @2:30am
    This is bad...for my productivity. I work night shifts

    A reminder that the team is still WIP

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/s...r-gilas/211689
    Last edited by paulrenzo; 06-23-2021 at 05:16 PM.

  5. #1205
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,269
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    This is bad...for my productivity. I work night shifts

    A reminder that the team is still WIP

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/s...r-gilas/211689
    damn. even if you work day shift can still affect productivity if you stay up all night. this is like those gilas 1 days.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  6. #1206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    In weightlifting, Hidilyn was lucky that the contender last time was defaulted in her clean and jerk try enabling her a silver, we hope for the best as this is I think a new weight class (much higher than the class hidilyn won) but the nsa issaying that the added weight was an advantage for hidilyn..

    She's gonna be stronger,the fact that she doesn't have to kill herself to diet and make weight,she's one of the best technical of our weightlifters.

  7. #1207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    341
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Coaches can really be ridiculous sometimes. Tab said the china test will be a "true game" rather than a less-physical scrimmage. Then he complains about injuries! Including the pains absorbed in the china game.

    He also said his team exceeded expectations. Pinoys hardly lose to koreans in their hometown! That the nt won all games is hardly beyond expectations.
    ... Did Tab complain, it said in the quote, he "shared" he is saying it as a matter of fact. That simple trivia has nothing to do with performance given certain parameters and expectations the team management had laid out. He was base lining it with that.

    i am not sure why you sound bitter

  8. #1208
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,755
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccharmed View Post
    Coaches can really be ridiculous sometimes. Tab said the china test will be a "true game" rather than a less-physical scrimmage. Then he complains about injuries! Including the pains absorbed in the china game.

    He also said his team exceeded expectations. Pinoys hardly lose to koreans in their hometown! That the nt won all games is hardly beyond expectations.
    The tall ball you are dreaming about, Tab made it into reality.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  9. #1209
    Senior Member IPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,435
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    LeBron Lopez is the final cut: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/l...liftoff/211703

    Sucks. This could have been a good learning experience for him.

  10. #1210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,500
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    This is bad...for my productivity. I work night shifts

    A reminder that the team is still WIP

    https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/s...r-gilas/211689
    Yup. I didnt see the game so I dont know what Balti needs to improve to make that line up work. Aside from the skills, aggression maybe?

  11. #1211
    Senior Member judasmartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,495
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    LeBron Lopez is the final cut: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/l...liftoff/211703

    Sucks. This could have been a good learning experience for him.
    Maybe Lopez can get the experience from the Asian Cup instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

  12. #1212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12,865
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Maybe Lopez can get the experience from the Asian Cup instead?
    Yeah. That's what I'm thinking.

    Between Tamayo & Lopez, I say Tamayo should be the logical choice as we know what he can contribute to the team. Lopez will have his time soon.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  13. #1213
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24,330

    Default

    On Lebrons cut, kunin na na min yan sa Eastwest.. hehe
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  14. #1214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,070
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    LeBron Lopez is the final cut: https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/l...liftoff/211703

    Sucks. This could have been a good learning experience for him.
    Coaches obviously value more the players who can really play and not the most athletic and quickest player. Not saying Lopez is a bad player but coaches needed high IQ players who would help them win games and not the one who could give them the most highlights.

    Lopez may outlast Carl in a drill workout but in a one on one game, Carl would win.

    Dunno why I put Carl's name there though hahahaha
    Magic_chiongson is the oldest fat troll in the history of the internet

    Chef30 - Isang malaking IPIS, no life, no money, GORILLA, FAT, USELESS, POS, PALAMUNIN, BATUGAN. GORILLA.

  15. #1215
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    12,269
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    there will be more chance for lopez to learn. he is not projected to join the 2023 team afaik. he will be for 2027.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  16. #1216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    "Coach Tab, GINAGO mo si le bron alam mo ginawa sa bata" - Raul Lopez

    This is what Lebron Lopez father comment on a post about Lebron in EJ EDU FB Group. Hopefully this wont ge escalated.

  17. #1217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12,865
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spidey102279 View Post
    "Coach Tab, GINAGO mo si le bron alam mo ginawa sa bata" - Raul Lopez

    This is what Lebron Lopez father comment on a post about Lebron in EJ EDU FB Group. Hopefully this wont ge escalated.
    WTF!!

    How could someone react like that? Such reaction is obviously blown out of proportion. What if it was Tamayo who was cut while Lopez made it to the final 12-man roster, tapos yung tatay naman ni Tamayo ang mag react ng ganoon?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  18. #1218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    WTF!!

    How could someone react like that? Such reaction is obviously blown out of proportion. What if it was Tamayo who was cut while Lopez made it to the final 12-man roster, tapos yung tatay naman ni Tamayo ang mag react ng ganoon?
    He even said that may mga alam daw sya na di lang daw sya masabi sa social media. Naku..

  19. #1219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    I hope they will fix this soon, and Lebron will still play for Gilas.

  20. #1220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    105
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Diaz wont stand a chance because NZ will be parading a trans weightlifter.lol EDIT they wont be in the same weight class. I dont have an idea about weight lifting.lol

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...er-new-zealand

    Tab didn't go all out because you don't overplay during practice scrimmages. China also sparingly use Zhou Qi.
    I think Yulo and Eumir Marcial has the best chance to win Gold or aleast medal. Marcial being a Silver medalist in previous World Championship.

    Diaz might still medal, were lucky China could only send 1 participant. Obiena has a chance to medal, but he will have a hard time winning the gold as his best perfomace is way behind the current favorite.
    Yuka Sasso might sneak in a medal. Nesthy Petecio of boxing might win a medal if he's in form. She won Gold in the past World Championships.

    This years batch of Olympians is probably the best we had. We have multiple medal contenders.

Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •