Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3021

Thread: 2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    Sorry if Witten incorrectly, it should read, the teams relegated to th 24 to 32 (Bottom 8) were determined earlier if they didn't win their 1st few games and with a big margin. Became academic even before preliminary round was completed. Like we know HK was no longer in contention for Asia cup even before the 3rd window. (unofficially of course
    Firstly its 25 to 32 to make it bottom 8 teams. 24 make it 9 teams.

What do you mean by Determine earlier?

Every team in Classification round 17 to 32 played the same number of games. Is it make sense that its called Classification round because they are all eliminated from the tournament including NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Hiejima prior to the World Cup has NBL stint and was invited into NBA Summer League. Baba prior to the World Cup has NBA G-League stint and NBL stint under his belt. That makes them known.

To answer your question Gilas's scouting report, other teams have little to none idea what is DDO - Gilas main system back then. All the scouting reports in 2014 has the same things to say about Gilas - a team that loves to run.
    Do you have the scouting report on Heijima for WC 2019 to prove this? And if so them Gabe Norwood will also be known as he as more meaningful.stint in NCAA than Heijima who played 3 games in NBL and 2 in Gleague with less than 6 mins a game.

DDO was not invented .by us. phoenix suns are known to use such setup or 4 out offense. Scouting wise the commentators knows about our plays. Shouldn't the team know more about our plays that commentators of FiBA? We have tune up games before 2014 WC.

^

Ok to spell it out , this is the format there are 8 preliminary groups of 4 teams each.

the top 2 teams per group qualify for the round of 16.

the 3rd placer of each of the 8 groups (like NZ) move to the 17th to 24th qualification round ( no one places lower than 24th)

the 4th placer of each of the 8 groups (like the Philippines and all the Asian teams) move to the 25th to 32nd qualification round (bottom 8)

most of the 3rd place teams in each group were still in the running for the top 16 prior to final preliminary game, while most of the 4th place teams knew their faith of being eliminated from top 16 after just the 2nd game. Why cause 2 losses na tambak and tie breaker rule is winner over the other. so Philippines knew it was elimnated when they loss to Italy and Serbia by 50 pts , it was already decided , tangal sila. (already determined early)

Of course it is similar to all the teams participating in the same tournament (it's a level playing field using the same format for all participating teams) . i am just pointing out when you have just 2 opponent like in FIBA windows, ( Korea and Indonesia) of course for any team there is a greater amount of time to prepare and scout as compared to tournament involving 5 opponents in the 1st round. that is just the reality of the situation. And of course the tendency of our opponents is to focus their preparation and scouting on the stronger higher rank teams , simply because they are viewed as bigger threats to the goal of advancing beyond the 1st round.

This is nothing new, just like the NBA regular season has less scouting and preparation for multiple regular season games and less on bottom ranked teams , as compared to a 7 game series , the windows for example either are just 1 team or 2 .. obviously the dynamics are different. and there is lees time for practice and scouting for lower seeded teams in the regular season or a round robin like the preliminary 5 games

to fully appreciate this , you have to actually see and experience it first hand, which i have.. i was with Gilas preperation for both 2013 FIBA asia and 2014 world cup, additionally i was with the Tall blacks team for the OQT 2016. the focus on opponents is much more less in the former .. Gilas was not preparing for Taipei or Saudi arabia in 2013 in the same way the Tall blacks just focused on Gilas..in 2016 very different..
    Thats your observation on NZ but you weren't their when Puerto rico o Senegal were scouting us. They know that they needed to win against us

How can you say that Croatia, Greece and Argentina did scout properly against us? Isn't it this argument can be just by association as you earlier pointed out?

^
    It's not a matter of each each team decision, but the constraints of time to prepare which is universal for all, obviously 5 games or 5 task to scout and prepare in the same period allotted ( 24 hours ) same 1 week etc is less focus per team than just 1 or 2 teams. it's just simple logic. it's not unique for NZ or Gilas, but it is a fact and reality for all.

I know for a fact that Gilas in 2013 prepared less for Saudi Arabia than it did Korea for same tournament or for Korea last week

Even if PR or Senegal took us seriously ,they had to spread their time egaully for the 4 other teams and maybe more for stronger teams in the group , As compared to PR just playing 1 game
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 06-22-2021 at 03:26 AM.

Ok to spell it out , this is the format there are 8 preliminary groups of 4 teams each.

the top 2 teams per group qualify for the round of 16.

the 3rd placer of each of the 8 groups (like NZ) move to the 17th to 24th qualification round ( no one places lower than 24th)

the 4th placer of each of the 8 groups (like the Philippines and all the Asian teams) move to the 25th to 32nd qualification round (bottom 8)

most of the 3rd place teams in each group were still in the running for the top 16 prior to final preliminary game, while most of the 4th place teams knew their faith of being eliminated from top 16 after just the 2nd game. Why cause 2 losses na tambak and tie breaker rule is winner over the other. so Philippines knew it was elimnated when they loss to Italy and Serbia by 50 pts , it was already decided , tangal sila. (already determined early)
    Firstly China was the 3rd placer of its group so not all Asian was in the bottom 8.

Iran was in the 4th place and no wins just like Philippines in first round but ranked 23rd

Angola who was a 3rd placer on our group, was ranked 27 lower than Iran who was a 4th placer

This is the my link to prove i am not lying.
    http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019

So can you give the link on your info/illusion so someone else can read it properly .

Dont worry if you don't reply on this I understand. Burns take time to heal.
    Last edited by zairex; 06-22-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Carl joins practice today, tune game against China tommorow no announcement if the game will be televise or Livestream

https://www.facebook.com/36839876321...6152734109900/

^
    You're actually right , and i stand corrected, the placings however (NZ 19th , top 59% are all earned and have merit based on win loss record and quotient for all games)

I saw Puerto Rico-Greece game in the Acropolis Cup the other night:

Puerto Rico starters:

G Browne 6'1
    G Clavell 6'4
    F Pineiro 6'7
    C Conditt 6'11
    C Diaz 6'11

Greece starters:

G Lountzis 6'5
    G Sloukas 6'6
    F Rogkavopoulos 6'8
    F Mitoglou 6'11
    C Kavvadas 6'9

IMO, size-wise, the Gilas starters that we used in the Korean matches were much closer to the starters of Puerto Rico minus athleticism:

G Belangel 5'10
    G Dwight 6'4
    F Navarro 6'6
    F Baltazar 6'8
    C Kouame 6'11

^
    You're actually right , and i stand corrected, the placings however (NZ 19th , top 59% are all earned and have merit based on win loss record and quotient for all games)
    Reality is 1st round exit.

^

^
    Still a first round exit. So why NZ is declining?

Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    You're obviously trying to rub things in, the reality is the federation BBNZ , the fans and many people do not consider NZ as declining (call them fools if u want), they have their performance metrics, I cannot fault them for thinking that way, when they beat Australia, Italy , Turkey , Montenegro just recently..
    Others are free to think differently, so be it.

As I said the lower placings in absolute number (19th) not % top 60 %. Is a reflection of everyone getting better.

Nz has a small population and under funded, so kiwi fans have no problem with actual results given the context.

And are happy they have the 2nd best results in the region for the 2 most recent major competition WC and WC window qualifiers. Puede na yan , given the context

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    Carl joins practice today, tune game against China tommorow no announcement if the game will be televise or Livestream
    coach tab confirmed in CNN PH that Carl will join the team on Serbia and that he is five days away from playing. so as for practice I don't think he will join the drills, he will just do shoot around and carl will surely not play against china.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I saw Puerto Rico-Greece game in the Acropolis Cup the other night:

Puerto Rico starters:

G Browne 6'1
    G Clavell 6'4
    F Pineiro 6'7
    C Conditt 6'11
    C Diaz 6'11

Greece starters:

G Lountzis 6'5
    G Sloukas 6'6
    F Rogkavopoulos 6'8
    F Mitoglou 6'11
    C Kavvadas 6'9

IMO, size-wise, the Gilas starters that we used in the Korean matches were much closer to the starters of Puerto Rico minus athleticism:

G Belangel 5'10
    G Dwight 6'4
    F Navarro 6'6
    F Baltazar 6'8
    C Kouame 6'11
    i expect that starting 5 for gilas vs serbia minus SJ with jordan starting in lieu of him.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    i expect that starting 5 for gilas vs serbia minus SJ with jordan starting in lieu of him.
    Id like to see more of jordan as well. Id rather have him get the same ballscreens that sj and rj was getting during the last window.

Tab has to change players for 2023. His top 20 players can bang around with south korea or japan, but that's it.

For 2023, he needs top 20 players who can f*ck up the world's top 20 teams. A quick, talented and big team for whom traditional east asian powerhouses -- china, sokor and japan -- are just rearview trees.

Tama iyong iba. The most usable pba players with decent size like fajardo are getting too slow. Aguilar is very usable, but ginebra needs him too much. Young 7footers like pangalangan cant hanďle passes or dribble in traffic.

Eligible and credible filfors like aj edu and clarkson are too few. Makuha man lang sana ang dalawa at malaking mga butas sa posisyon mavulcaseal nila.

Mukhang di papasa kay tab sila paras at mga de liaño. Sino pa ba natira para barugin ang top 25 world teams sa asia cup at world championship?
    Last edited by ccharmed; 06-22-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    I agree. Our subfoot PGs will probably not start. i also expect to see twin towers a lot. Kouame/Kai/Chiu/Go to put Balti or Carl in the wings.

You're obviously trying to rub things in, the reality is the federation BBNZ , the fans and many people do not consider NZ as declining (call them fools if u want), they have their performance metrics, I cannot fault them for thinking that way, when they beat Australia, Italy , Turkey , Montenegro just recently..
    Others are free to think differently, so be it.

As I said the lower placings in absolute number (19th) not % top 60 %. Is a reflection of everyone getting better.

Nz has a small population and under funded, so kiwi fans have no problem with actual results given the context.

And are happy they have the 2nd best results in the region for the 2 most recent major competition WC and WC window qualifiers. Puede na yan , given the context
    You always rubbing in your NZ and its results. So why cant I do that too.

4th place in the world to 4th place in asia. Yes a decline.
    Round of 16 to first round exit. Yes a decline.

Can you give me a link were NZ fan has no problem with the recent decade result of its games compare to last decade.
    Last edited by zairex; 06-22-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Mark your calendar, guys, Get ready to have 2 sleepless nights.

vs. Serbia July 1 @2:15am
    vs. Dominican Republic July 2 @2:30am
    Last edited by fadzki; 06-22-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

- Kobe Bryant

Rest in Peace Mamba..

Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast