2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Olympic qualifying tournament

Philippines replaces New zealand as NZL withdraws..

the games will be played in Belgrade

Group A
    Serbia
    Philippines
    Dominican Republic

Group B
    Italy
    Senegal
    Puerto Rico
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Philippines replaces New zealand as NZL withdraws..

the games will be played in Belgrade

Group A
    Serbia
    Philippines
    Dominican Republic

Group B
    Italy
    Senegal
    Puerto Rico
    Gilas can will beat Dominicana and has fighters chance against Senegal and Puerto Rico....Let's see how Gilas fare against Serbia and Italy, two teams we've met last World Cup, let's see if Tab can avert 38 and 50 point blow out...

Comment

The question is, will we shoot for the Olympics, or will we go for development of the cadets in big games? I believe the cadets have enough upside to be better than most PBA players, but right now, the pros are the best we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocoy Martin
        All of a sudden that Angelo Kouame naturalization news doesn’t sound good anymore
        huh??

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
          The question is, will we shoot for the Olympics, or will we go for development of the cadets in big games? I believe the cadets have enough upside to be better than most PBA players, but right now, the pros are the best we have.
          The question also is... Will PBA be running already at the time OQT is scheduled? I don't think we have a chance to snatch a win if the PBA players aren't in

Comment

Originally posted by Jupitersa View Post
            The question also is... Will PBA be running already at the time OQT is scheduled? I don't think we have a chance to snatch a win if the PBA players aren't in
            The PBA also better take this tournament into consideration when they make their schedule. Some teams might want some credit for sending players who might be part of a Gilas OQT win.

Comment

Maybe Coach chot will handle the team hehehe
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cocoy Martin
                Because it now creates a logjam at the center position unless Gilas will lineup Kouame, Junmar and Kai at the same time.
                I doubt Junmar makes it, lets see if Kai and Kouame cant play together. We should try at least.

Comment

The PBA should give SBP the players they need in exchange add imports for each teams unlimited heights at least next PBA season will interesting to watch.
                  "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

Comment

If Kouame can get classified as a local, I’d go for getting JC as our NP assuming he’s available.

Comment

Again rather have more cadets for development, if we are being realistic, chances are low of going through May as well have the cadets learn and develop considering their upside being higher.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                        Again rather have more cadets for development, if we are being realistic, chances are low of going through May as well have the cadets learn and develop considering their upside being higher.
                        Yeah, I'd like to see at least some of Thirdy, Juan, Oftana, Baltazar, Kouame, and probably Kobe, Javi, and Navarro on the team. Unless there are better options from the cadets, of course.

Comment

Because with the way we build kai and immediate need..eh pf who ca do small ball 5, mukhang mas ok kung nba caliber daw yun kukunin np..

This is all developmental imo, for 2023 which isnt as long term as people would think

We will see come this tournaments if the upside this young guys have will out weigh the current stars ( that includes guy named jordan clarkson) that we have..

I still believe its only kai sotto would be under 25 that will be included in the 2023 team
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see at least some of Thirdy, Juan, Oftana, Baltazar, Kouame, and probably Kobe, Javi, and Navarro on the team. Unless there are better options from the cadets, of course.
                            With the pba players, I feel they have already hit their ceiling, maybe they could improve but not really much, maybe Bolivia or CJ could have more growth but I think they are almost already at their ceiling. With the cadets for their ages they are still kind of raw when it comes to international basketball, by their age a lot of guys have already played for the national teams a few times already but they are still young enough and with size so maybe they can improve much more significantly if they continue playing with the national team against good competition.

Comment

I was wondering why Jordan was by-passed by FIBA as the next best team? Jordan outranked Philippines in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information