• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trae Yong View Post
    my gawd you guys are afraid of indonesia? hahahaha
    A reinforced Indonesia is not to be taken lightly, though

Especially without PBA reinforcements

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
      Fotu's polynesian and english enthcity , which are predominately the ethnicity of people in new zealand was not used as a factor for his exception.

If for argument sake like Jawato, Fotu's father was born in New Zealand then abosultely that can be used.
      I still think FIBA's decision is still largely "charity". Aren't Pringle and CStand mothers born in the Philippines, yet per your info, according to FIBA, the chances of getting them exempted is low.

At least nga, kumpara kay Jawato, citizen at birth si CStand at Pringle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labradoodle View Post
        I still think FIBA's decision is still largely "charity". Aren't Pringle and CStand mothers born in the Philippines, yet per your info, according to FIBA, the chances of getting them exempted is low.

At least nga, kumpara kay Jawato, citizen at birth si CStand at Pringle.
        SBP did try for exemption for CS and pringle and FIBA says No..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          SBP did try for exemption for CS and pringle and FIBA says No..
          This is one of a few reasons why forumers here hate the Jawato exemption. FIBA can't make an exemption like this for other countries and just put a lame disclaimer that it's not a precedent.

Comment

• ^
            one day we may say thank you for the Jawato decision, basta..

Comment

^
              Ooops.

Sir analyzed giving a clue that

We have future Gilas prospects that may be given the same exception jawato got. Hmmm

Comment

• If the SBP guys are really that serious in getting some exemptions, I would rather bet on the following youngsters like Sage(7'1), QMB(6'10) and Chase Lane(6'11) assuming they've gotten their PH passport(?) after their 16th Bday which is the reality, decided to stay and play for a domestic league for a minimum of 5 years already and willing to be part of the Gilas Program beyond 2023, I think that's one of the many factors we need to present at FIBA if we really want to lobby for an exemptions. As much as I want CStan and StanP to be exempted, those dudes are already in their early 30's and were talking about long term here so let's remove them on the equation same with DJ Fenner and Stephen Holt, two highly touted FIl-Am but ain't a passport holder(?) as of the moment, whose also in their late 20's or early 30's(?). I've rather invest on those 3 dudes because of their age and we really need to fill-up our frontline despite we already had Kai, AK34, AJ, Carl and Justine manning our 3,4 and 5 spots. well we rather gather some more ceilings if the long term plan is to play in the medal round come 2025 and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                  Ooops.

Sir analyzed giving a clue that

We have future Gilas prospects that may be given the same exception jawato got. Hmmm
                  Mag dilang Angelo ka sana sir analyzed.

Comment

^
                    If the Jawato decision is used a precedent than that is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                      If the Jawato decision is used a precedent than that is good.
                      nothing is a precedent as per fiba, but past decisions can and will certainly be used to inform future decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                        nothing is a precedent as per fiba, but past decisions can and will certainly be used to inform future decisions.
                        Well that is a problem with FIBA rules. Too dependent on how the sec gen and company are feeling.

Comment

Isnt that exactly what “precedent” means?

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                            Isnt that exactly what “precedent” means?
                            in English yes. but not in "fiba language"

hence, my phrase on "nothings is a precedent as per fiba"

but we all know previous decisions can be used to inform new decisions, especially with a new sec gen.

and "informing new decisions" does not necessarily mean following or adopting the previous ones.

Comment

• "cannot be used as a precedent" means previous cases decided by FIBA will not weigh much on the exemptions you will apply for.

In short, if we argue "but Jawato" as regards to applying for exemption for, say, Pringle and CStand, the Jawato case decision won't really factor in. Pringle and CStand's cases have to stand on their own.

This is why I think Jawato's exemption was strongly a "charity" to Indonesia by FIBA.

Comment

in English yes. but not in "fiba language"

hence, my phrase on "nothings is a precedent as per fiba"

but we all know previous decisions can be used to inform new decisions, especially with a new sec gen.

and "informing new decisions" does not necessarily mean following or adopting the previous ones.
                                Hmm you’re just trying to find the correct words to define how fiba operates in terms of granting excemptions but you’re still not hitting the nail on the head. Bottomline is, we can apply the written rules as much as we can but for the gray areas, we’re still subject to the sec gen’s whim. That is how the policy was written, and how it is intended to be applied.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information