Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
    Reality is 1st round exit.
    You're obviously trying to rub things in, the reality is the federation BBNZ , the fans and many people do not consider NZ as declining (call them fools if u want), they have their performance metrics, I cannot fault them for thinking that way, when they beat Australia, Italy , Turkey , Montenegro just recently..
    Others are free to think differently, so be it.

As I said the lower placings in absolute number (19th) not % top 60 %. Is a reflection of everyone getting better.

Nz has a small population and under funded, so kiwi fans have no problem with actual results given the context.

And are happy they have the 2nd best results in the region for the 2 most recent major competition WC and WC window qualifiers. Puede na yan , given the context

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
      Carl joins practice today, tune game against China tommorow no announcement if the game will be televise or Livestream
      coach tab confirmed in CNN PH that Carl will join the team on Serbia and that he is five days away from playing. so as for practice I don't think he will join the drills, he will just do shoot around and carl will surely not play against china.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        I saw Puerto Rico-Greece game in the Acropolis Cup the other night:

Puerto Rico starters:

G Browne 6'1
        G Clavell 6'4
        F Pineiro 6'7
        C Conditt 6'11
        C Diaz 6'11

Greece starters:

G Lountzis 6'5
        G Sloukas 6'6
        F Rogkavopoulos 6'8
        F Mitoglou 6'11
        C Kavvadas 6'9

IMO, size-wise, the Gilas starters that we used in the Korean matches were much closer to the starters of Puerto Rico minus athleticism:

G Belangel 5'10
        G Dwight 6'4
        F Navarro 6'6
        F Baltazar 6'8
        C Kouame 6'11
        i expect that starting 5 for gilas vs serbia minus SJ with jordan starting in lieu of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
          i expect that starting 5 for gilas vs serbia minus SJ with jordan starting in lieu of him.
          Id like to see more of jordan as well. Id rather have him get the same ballscreens that sj and rj was getting during the last window.

Comment

• Tab has to change players for 2023. His top 20 players can bang around with south korea or japan, but that's it.

For 2023, he needs top 20 players who can f*ck up the world's top 20 teams. A quick, talented and big team for whom traditional east asian powerhouses -- china, sokor and japan -- are just rearview trees.

Tama iyong iba. The most usable pba players with decent size like fajardo are getting too slow. Aguilar is very usable, but ginebra needs him too much. Young 7footers like pangalangan cant hanďle passes or dribble in traffic.

Eligible and credible filfors like aj edu and clarkson are too few. Makuha man lang sana ang dalawa at malaking mga butas sa posisyon mavulcaseal nila.

Mukhang di papasa kay tab sila paras at mga de liaño. Sino pa ba natira para barugin ang top 25 world teams sa asia cup at world championship?
            Last edited by ccharmed; 06-22-2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
              I agree. Our subfoot PGs will probably not start. i also expect to see twin towers a lot. Kouame/Kai/Chiu/Go to put Balti or Carl in the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                You're obviously trying to rub things in, the reality is the federation BBNZ , the fans and many people do not consider NZ as declining (call them fools if u want), they have their performance metrics, I cannot fault them for thinking that way, when they beat Australia, Italy , Turkey , Montenegro just recently..
                Others are free to think differently, so be it.

As I said the lower placings in absolute number (19th) not % top 60 %. Is a reflection of everyone getting better.

Nz has a small population and under funded, so kiwi fans have no problem with actual results given the context.

And are happy they have the 2nd best results in the region for the 2 most recent major competition WC and WC window qualifiers. Puede na yan , given the context
                You always rubbing in your NZ and its results. So why cant I do that too.

4th place in the world to 4th place in asia. Yes a decline.
                Round of 16 to first round exit. Yes a decline.

Can you give me a link were NZ fan has no problem with the recent decade result of its games compare to last decade.
                Last edited by zairex; 06-22-2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Mark your calendar, guys, Get ready to have 2 sleepless nights.

vs. Serbia July 1 @2:15am
                  vs. Dominican Republic July 2 @2:30am
                  Last edited by fadzki; 06-22-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                    Mark your calendar, guys, Get ready to have 2 sleepless nights.

vs. Dominican Republic July 2 @2:30pm
                    Wow, barely hours after I end my semester. Allright!

Comment

• Originally posted by fadzki View Post
                      Mark your calendar, guys, Get ready to have 2 sleepless nights.

vs. Dominican Republic July 2 @2:30pm
                      Thanks bro. Both should be AM tho (manila time), might confuse some.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
                        Thanks bro. Both should be AM tho (manila time), might confuse some.
                        oh.. sorry bout that its, 2:30am... will edit it..

Comment

• Hmmmm.

Tomorrow, we have a tuneup vs China. They made it closed door. Maybe to avoid media and being scouted again. Lol.

I can see a possible upset Gilas can pull off against Dominican, I don,'t think Kat and their other star players will join.

But for Serbia, This young Gilas beating them is a punch in the Sun and Moon Combined.
                          ( IF Gilas beats Serbia, even without Jokic, Then this Gilas will be the best Gilas Version, 1% chance of happening though)

And as for Kai, Last 2 official Games, before he goes back to US and Australia. Still hoping for a solid game for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                            You always rubbing in your NZ and its results. So why cant I do that too.

4th place in the world to 4th place in asia. Yes a decline.
                            Round of 16 to first round exit. Yes a decline.

Can you give me a link were NZ fan has no problem with the recent decade result of its games compare to last decade.
                            Anyone is entitled to say whatever in a forum.

Basketball is not a major sport in NZ , we have sa small population of 5 million. Yet all of Asia with some countries over 100 million to a billion would kill to have NZ record for the last decade and world teams we beat..

Then is no reason or incentive to have to prove people are OK with the results, considering the context who wouldn't.. no need to convince anyone

If u want to troll kiwis, Basketball is actually not the sport to do so, as.no one cares. they're sensitive about their rugby and cricket. And if you want to trol them about Basketball talk about NBA and Adams or at least FIBA world or the Australian NBL, no one cares about Asia results they dont even know it exist or realize we are part of it
                            The issue with Asia is literally no one is even aware of what s happening or cares. BBnZ is trying to make fans aware that it matters. Most don't see the need to even participate in Asia cup, which I had to remind them it's actually required to participate in world cup. It was so bad in 2017 Asia cup, that the C team was only team willing to go. Hopefully a decent team participates , and the news even covers it

So u can see why as a basketball fan and given the context of no support , no funding , no following, and getting those kind of results beating world teams. Why I'm super satisfied and impressed with Nz basketball. It's context. I know how bad and disappointing it can get , remember I'm a fan of the Philippines and Gilas to place last 32nd place with all the following and everything and getting blown oitbby 50 pts repeatedly. Any disappointing compared to NZ is so laughable. It's really nothing in context.
                            If you cannot see and appreciate the situation, you literally have to be blind.

I'm sorry all your post clearly shows you have issues with me. I'm sorry to being renting free real estate in your mind.
                            Get over it , I shouldn't matter.. be happy for Gilas and last window. (I hope u are ).. don't let me or anyone rob u of that happiness.
                            Last edited by DAdmiral; 06-22-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Basketball is really not such a big deal in australia and new zealand. It is pinoys who need to explain why basketball, a sports for naturally big people, became the favorite game of one of the naturally small people.

Pinoys also love volleyball, another game for naturally big athletes. The chinese women's nt are probably taller than the uaap men's teams, and may even beat them.

Passion for basketball is more like serbia's thing. Serbians feel really bad when they lose to even top five countries. With the quality of their available players today, serbians dont even feel an all-nba american nt is good enough.

If pinoys somehow beat a serbian nt in serbia, i'm sure the serbian coach has less than 24 hours to live.
                              Last edited by ccharmed; 06-22-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                                Hmmmm.

Tomorrow, we have a tuneup vs China. They made it closed door. Maybe to avoid media and being scouted again. Lol.

I can see a possible upset Gilas can pull off against Dominican, I don,'t think Kat and their other star players will join.

But for Serbia, This young Gilas beating them is a punch in the Sun and Moon Combined.
                                ( IF Gilas beats Serbia, even without Jokic, Then this Gilas will be the best Gilas Version, 1% chance of happening though)

And as for Kai, Last 2 official Games, before he goes back to US and Australia. Still hoping for a solid game for him.
                                i don't know if an upset is in the offing. height-wise, we're getting there, but heft and athleticism? serbia will bully kai and ange.

and we are not consistent on boxing out. nieto, on the other hand, showed that size is not important if you know how to position yourself in the paint.

we have to finish every play by crashing the glass and grabbing those rebounds if we want to stay close.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information