No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step at a time , let's not talk about the NBA at this point please . Or make comparisons with any NBA player

Hopefully he gets PT , it is a real concern if CJ goes with the players who got him the.win, which leaves Kai out (limited min), cant compare with Landale as Jock was actually playing

For Gilas
    He needs to play, to get the reps , in order to be game shape.
    We shouldn't talk about the NBA like we don't talk about the NBA when we discuss what Koaume needs.tdo to improve. (It's really a non topic at this point ). Just get minutes 1st
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-03-2022, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
      To be fair to Kai, NBL is one of the most physical leagues on Earth. It's not like Kai isn't rebounding well for the lack of trying (like some people here love saying), but his body isn't primed for it. Even Luka Doncic said it was easier to play in the NBA than in the Euroleague, and that's despite the notion of the NBA being a higher skilled league. The boy is just physically outmatched.

As for being #44 in rebounding in the league, is that total rebs? Rebs per min? Avg rebound? We have to account for playing time. He averaged 10.5 rebs in the last FIBA leg over 2 games and don't tell me that the Jordan NT wasn't at least on the level of an NBL team.
      This is the pit fall of many in analyzing Kai's game.
      He's not playing in FIBA right now, he's in the NBL.
      He has to be at least decent whatever league he's in to have a shot to be considered to a higher tier league.
      He needs to have CONSISTENCY

We need not look too far away to know what he lacks to improve his game.
      We just need to discuss why he's not doing well in Adelaide...

We have to account for playing time? yes certainly...
      He was the first player off the bench for Adelaide at the Taipans game and he messed up badly both offensively and defensively...
      There are no lack of opportunities for him to have a longer playing time...
      The only problem is he lacks CONSISTENCY

Comment

• A little OT , regarding Adams mobility, he's a former rugby player and track athlete, the 1st time I saw him, it was actually his speed for his size that stood out, he was going beating everyone down the court.
        Realize this Adams led the NBA last season on offensive rebounds. , anyone who has coached knows you can't get offensive rebounds by size alone , you essentially have to be quicker to the ball (like Rodman).
        For Kai the hope is he works on those core plymometics attributes, 2nd jump, balance, change of direction, side to side. (It's hard to hedge hard and recover drop back. Those are the areas he drastically needs to improve on to stay on the court (even just NBL level). He has to stay on the court to discuss any improvement..(otherwise there really is no discussion) and it hurts Gilas cause he's not getting reps to hone his game .

He can afford to play at that level, if he's facing teams like Cairns or NZ last year, but can't see how he get minutes in games that matter vs top 5 teams with those deficiencies
        Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-03-2022, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• The scout is out, whenever Kai is on the court, hunt him out on pick and rolls , CJ will be forced to adjust and ask Kai not to switch or hedge but drop. The problem with that is teams will now shoot 3s as there is no strong show.. as Kai essentially will be going under the screen.

Comment

• 7 3’s for heading last night

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              7 3’s for heading last night

Sayang...to
              anyone close to the Gilas
              group what would it take for Heading to be reconsidered for Gilas? Public apology and joining the PBA??

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                The scout is out, whenever Kai is on the court, hunt him out on pick and rolls , CJ will be forced to adjust and ask Kai not to switch or hedge but drop. The problem with that is teams will now shoot 3s as there is no strong show.. as Kai essentially will be going under the screen.
                90% of 7 footers in the NBA are all drop down big defender really. So nothing new.

However Kai is used to defend, show hard and hedge or drop what matter is to get that stop para maganda sa panigin.

It hurts my eye seeing those 3 or 4 possession scoring against Kai lol

He really needs to show something next game to make us all again at least interested in him as a bare minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by coach cj View Post
                  90% of 7 footers in the NBA are all drop down big defender really. So nothing new.

However Kai is used to defend, show hard and hedge or drop what matter is to get that stop para maganda sa panigin.

It hurts my eye seeing those 3 or 4 possession scoring against Kai lol

He really needs to show something next game to make us all again at least interested in Kai as a minimum.
                  10-day NBA contract lng Oks na ko for
                  Kai, its his FIBA stint (and performance/impact) Im more interested in

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                    Sayang...to
                    anyone close to the Gilas
                    group what would it take for Heading to be reconsidered for Gilas? Public apology and joining the PBA??
                    for chot and sbp to stop being petty on what heading did..

sigpic

Comment

for chot and sbp to stop being petty on what heading did..
                      You may have a better chance of winning the lottery than stopping that lol
                      but seriously we need Heading, esp over a Pogoy or Kiefer

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                        Name me an NBA center who doesn't resort to playing drop coverage in the pick and roll
                        I think Mobley is one example of a 7 footer who's being used as switchable defender in the pick and roll.. more of show and hedge than drop.

The rest I think are used mainly as drop defender..

Chet I think is the next 7 footer who will have the potential to be used like Mobley switchable, show and hedge than being used solely for drop.

The players I've mentioned above comparing their laterals from Kai(zubac,valancionis,adams,lopez,poetl etc) are mainly drop defenders because like Kai they're easily exploited on pick and roll.

Like I've said..they're in the NBA playing regardless of that deficiency kasi may gulang na mga laro nila which Kai lacks..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco
                          Name me an NBA center who doesn't resort to playing drop coverage in the pick and roll
                          This is actually determined by the overall defensive gameplan, teams try to weigh in on what they could "give up" like an open three so bigs can drop or a driving lane so they could
                          show hard and for others to rotate defensively.
                          PNR is the simplest and oldest offensive set and yet the toughest to guard because it has so many variations and requires the whole team to react
                          So for bigs with Kai's abilities (or limitations) he should've been asked to show hard and ask his teammates to rotate to the rest as he recovers from the perimeter.
                          Kai has his work cut out for him really.

Comment

• Originally posted by carmelo7 View Post
                            You may have a better chance of winning the lottery than stopping that lol
                            but seriously we need Heading, esp over a Pogoy or Kiefer
                            like i said even if heading breaks the b-league record for number of 3’s in a season, chot and sbp won’t consider him..

sigpic

Comment

like i said even if heading breaks the b-league record for number of 3’s in a season, chot and sbp won’t consider him..
                              that’s how petty the pba,sbp,longhair,mvp and vargas are, i guess we’ve seen the last of heading wearing the gilas uniform, sayang he must be this generation’s best 3pt shooter by a mile

Comment

• There actually is no such thing as a center that does not play drop coverage, it's just that the good versatile defensive centers can hedge , switch and show yet have enough speed to recover and drop coverage. The centers in the NBA who are not that good in recovering back are still fast and good enough in recovery compared to those outside the league (there are levels to this Zubac for example if he played the NBL would be excellent PNR defender for the lower level.
                                Kai ability to recover is at a different low level of deficiency (Tacko Fall level) and can't be compared to the rotation NBA players mentioned here like Zubac

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information