Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    I was watching a lot of games, looking for the players, and that was a league for the small players because everybody of them are looking for their NBA contracts and they don't give the ball to the big guys that much," he said.
    Coach Toroman validating what only a small amount of people in IBN saw in the days leading up to the Ignite G League games.

Comment

• A video of Kai and his team gradually trying to address his bad posture and improving his feet. This is a marathon and not a quick sprint. We will gradually see the improvements of all this hardwork eventually soon. Kai has been working for his NBA dream eversince and surely he will be there.

Comment

• so toroman's word is now gold hehehehehe

Comment

• Looks like Kai will have less than 3 weeks to practice for Gilas.

Anyway, there are still OQT and Asia Cup.

Kai I think can impress some scouts if he dominates this conpetitions.

As for Kai NBL stint.

I am with astigram take of Kai needed touches. Not neccesarily attempts.

Clips from scrimmages shows that Kai really need touches to be effective.

DJ, Humphries, Kai is a solid Big Men Rotation. Hope Kai will be maximized.
          Last edited by mathematicianrcg; 05-17-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            Looks like Kai will have less than 3 weeks to practice for Gilas.

Anyway, there are still OQT and Asia Cup.

Kai I think can impress some scouts if he dominates this conpetitions.

As for Kai NBL stint.

I am with astigram take of Kai needed touches. Not neccesarily attempts.

Clips from scrimmages shows that Kai really need touches to be effective.

Adelaide looks like have a new coach. So, we dont have an idea what style will he bring.

DJ, Humphries, Kai is a solid Big Men Rotation. Hope Kai will be maximized.
            huh? 36ers signed connor henry last year. this season is his first season.. no news that he was fired or release

i posted lots of game links of 36ers in previous posts to give all of you ideas on how 36ers runs plays..

and since giddey was released by 36ers and will focus on draft, 36ers needs to get a PG for next season..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              huh? 36ers signed connor henry last year. this season is his first season.. no news that he was fired or release

i posted lots of game links of 36ers in previous posts to give all of you ideas on how 36ers runs plays..

and since giddey was released by 36ers and will focus on draft, 36ers needs to get a PG for next season..
              Oh yes. Stand Corrected.

I confused it with someone

Comment

• I think kai will be back last week of this month. I'm guessing that it would be end of this week or during reconvening of the calambubble. We would be worried if he wont be back by end of next week.

Comment

• I think it won't be bad for Kai & Gilas as a whole, for Kai to train with the pool/team for about 20+ days before the 3rd window.

I don't think coach Tab or coach Jong would complain with that.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                    He already announced that he will play also for ACQ here.. Don't worry if he come days before the tournament because he already practice with Gilas last February..
                    That was very limited practice/training period Kai had last February. At most, Kai only had about 5 days of training with the pool in Calamba last February.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• To me Clarkson and Kai (eventually after he get's maybe 2 year experience) are the only players that can be "hugot" (just practice for 2 weeks and OK na) for 2023. I do not see anyone in the PBA of this level .. "hugot level"

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                        To me Clarkson and Kai (eventually after he get's maybe 2 year experience) are the only players that can be "hugot" (just practice for 2 weeks and OK na) for 2023. I do not see anyone in the PBA of this level .. "hugot level"
                        Agreed with this.

At the end of the day, even if you want fairness, there would be players would will be given "exception to the rule"

Kai and JC will be on the pool. And will be in Final 12 even if they have the least days of gilas practice.

Next candidate for hugot level is AJ. But iy depends on his injury.

And true. No pba player is talented enough to be considered hugot level.

Comment

• AJ being a question mark? as no one really knows if a player can return to a certain level after being absent for so long (hoping for the best) , further highlights the need to have Kouame.. We basically have a hole to fil..

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...40267649713788

It seems Kai most likely wont be here for the Korean games based on this comment by EWP on their instagram post. I have seen that comment by Costales and it is now missing. Somehow SBP's pressure through Tab and others did backfire this time.lol

They tried to pass all the blame to EWP last time and let EWP take all the heat. Tab giving conditions this time through the media for at least a month training made it worst. I hope Kai could play during OQT. I would concede Tab is a really good coach but Tab and SBP were just too selfish most of the time. It is always about their agenda over what is best for Kai and his NBA dream.
                            Last edited by PeeZones; 05-20-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• I think Tab/SBP should let Kai stay abroad, at least until the WC. It's more beneficial for Gilas if he gets more experience in professional leagues better than the PBA. He'll also get more experience than just playing for FIBA games

Comment

• I really want Kai to play for Gilas these days as long as it is not detrimental to his NBA dream. Tab and SBP were just too demanding on Kai and they have been announcing their demands through the media since last year. Also, they seem to always disregard the difficulties in traveling these days. It is obvious they are not really after the best interest of Kai but just to please MVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information