Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I feel an overlooked aspect in Kiefer's game is defense. I think Kiefer is among the best defensive point guard in Phi basketball right now. When we think of the best defensive point guard in Phi basketball right now, Chris Ross comes 1st in our minds. I think di naman nagkakalayo defensive skills ni Kiefer kay Ross.
    this reminds me of terrence romeo, he was actually a good defender in the fiba level from 2015-2017 despite his reputation

Comment

• People are missing the point, and making this out to be an argument if Kai will be drafted or not. It's not as far as I'm concerned, predicting right or wrong is moot and pointless..
      All I've posted is what "most" (not all) associated to the NBA/ NBL have publicly forecasted for Kai's 2022 draft prospects (not drafted). Nothing more. if people want to argue that they are wrong .. you're entitled to that, if they want to argue the forecast and assessment do not exist ( sorry I'm not into misinformation). if they want to sight people associated to the NBA projecting Kai will be drafted in 2022 already, fee free be my guess, show me these reports that I haven't seen. (just like the countless reports saying Dieng will be drafted in 2022- specific statements)

another 2022 forecast.. (theme is consistent) - https://twitter.com/BryceHendrick14/...13263733506049
      Last edited by DAdmiral; 10-25-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post
        https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/a...9m26d2Zou2QmAs

The Adelaide 36ers today announce the signing of Zac Gattorna who will fill the Club’s second Development Player position ✍️
        #WeAreSixers Gattorna SF-PF but mainly would be a SF.haha

As I have said before Adelaide is tweaking their roster to accommodate Kai.haha Kai is a guaranteed the main Center reliever and could contest as the best C or PF depending on his performance.haha
        Recent addition Gattorna would be SF-PF but mainly would be a SF.haha Adelaide roster is already set and somehow they didn't get another import. It seems they are contented with KAI SOTTO as their 3rd IMPORT!haha

Too easy to figure now that Kai's salary is at least IMPORT level or higher.hahaha Multi-Million Dollar is real.lol
        SG - Dusty Hannahs
        SG/SF - Todd withers
        PF - Manny Malou

are the imports of the team

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
          SG - Dusty Hannahs
          SG/SF - Todd withers
          PF - Manny Malou

are the imports of the team

https://nbl.com.au/teams/3682/adelaide-36ers
          You should stop claiming anything. You should always verify your info.lol

https://nbl.com.au/news/sixers-sign-emmanuel-malou

Malou is too far to be an import and had been playing NBL development leagues for years. He is either a local player or any classification similar to the Makers.
          The Adelaide 36ers have announced that Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Malou has signed for the 2021-22 Hungry Jack’s NBL season.

The Kenyan-born 27 year old, 206 cm (6’9) versatile forward, brings international experience as well as recent hot form from the NBL1 North competition.

Malou grew up in Victoria from the age of two and was a standout junior who found his way to the United States for junior college experience before enhancing his career trajectory while playing for the South Sudanese national team at various international tournaments.

Most

Comment

You should stop claiming anything. You should always verify your info.lol

https://nbl.com.au/news/sixers-sign-emmanuel-malou

Malou is too far to be an import and had been playing NBL development leagues for years. He is either a local player or any classification similar to the Makers.
            The Adelaide 36ers have announced that Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Malou has signed for the 2021-22 Hungry Jack’s NBL season.

The Kenyan-born 27 year old, 206 cm (6’9) versatile forward, brings international experience as well as recent hot form from the NBL1 North competition.

Malou grew up in Victoria from the age of two and was a standout junior who found his way to the United States for junior college experience before enhancing his career trajectory while playing for the South Sudanese national team at various international tournaments.

Most
            thanks for heads up. so he’s considered local not as import..

2 import set up for the team..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              thanks for heads up. so he’s considered local not as import..

2 import set up for the team..
              Remember you can only have 4 marquee/imports combined (total)

Comment

• Bryce Hendricks
                @BryceHendrick14
                Way Too Early 2022 Big Board
                I was really contemplating whether or not I should do this, but I made it for myself anyways and I thought y'all would want to see it. Obviously a lot will change and this is a lot more of a who to watch than a fully realized board, but this is fun.

You should stop claiming anything Analyze. You are again shooting your own foot on that post. That tweet doesnt count to anything.lol You guys need to pause and process the information. List doesnt matter it would always be about actual prospect talent and upside. Nba teams arent dumb to just based their drafting on some mock writer list. Those mock list are just guides on who to check. Those mock writers doesnt even diligently watch games.haha

Comment

• With Adelaide's current roster, Kai is atleast playing 15 to 25min but im predicting 20min or more. NBL will be shocked to see a very skilled and mobile 7'3 player though he is just 19.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                    Remember you can only have 4 marquee/imports combined (total)
                    Adelaide was too brilliant with their signing all along and prove that I was correct again.

The high pay for Kai was clearly justified and evident on how they built their roster. As we could see the high paid players were IH, DJ, two imports then Kai plus a free player in Mojave. They could easily recover half or all of Kai's salary just by the jersey sale, endorsements, tickets sale and social media earnings.

Also the current roster, prove that Adelaide thinks highly of Kai.haha Kai is taken as atleast import level and 1 to 3 in the bigs.

Last two players conclude their done paying a lot by signing two dev players.

Comment

• 2022 draft prospects assessment exist (these are not my assessment claims but theirs) , that's all , this is not arguable. of course anyone is entitled to the opinion they're wrong assessments .
                      many have been explicitly mentioned numerous times as 2022 draft prospects from writers and coaches. I still haven't seen an explicit mention from a writer or coach associated to the NBA or NBL as Kai being predicted as drafted for the 2022. Maybe i missed report , happy to see a copy.. / link of things i may have missed

This isn't opinion but simple observation. (of course you don't need to believe these writers or coaches statements)
                      Last edited by DAdmiral; 10-26-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Adelaide was too brilliant with their signing all along and prove that I was correct again.

The high pay for Kai was clearly justified and evident on how they built their roster. As we could see the high paid players were IH, DJ, two imports then Kai plus a free player in Mojave. They could easily recover half or all of Kai's salary just by the jersey sale, endorsements, tickets sale and social media earnings.

Also the current roster, prove that Adelaide thinks highly of Kai.haha Kai is taken as atleast import level and 1 to 3 in the bigs.

Last two players conclude their done paying a lot by signing two dev players.
                        what does pay have to do with marquee player or import classification? it's irrelevant. Marquee classification uses "player value" not pay for approval .. while open import is an automatically capped to 3 regardless of pay.
                        Last edited by DAdmiral; 10-26-2021, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                          If they will be treated like that then i would suggest them to join PBA than being benched in a foreign leagues.. Same way Ginebra did to Sanchir Tungalag of Mongolia.. Atleast in the PBA, they will be drafted for sure by middle tier teams likes of Alaska, ROS, Phoenix or even farm teams likes of BWE, Terrafirma and Northport.. Those teams will guarantee playing time to them and getting their confidence back.. They are sure 1st rounders by the way.. Then they can play again overseas if the are ready...
                          I think Kemark and Javi should have played in Taiwan or Thailand while Juan should have played Taiwan or in B.League D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                            what does pay have to do with marquee player or import classification? it's irrelevant. Marquee classification uses "player value" not pay .. while open import is an automatically capped to 3 regardless of pay.
                            It only proves that ADL was very high on Kai both on how they pay him and how they intend to use Kai this season. This is a very great scenario for Kai for his development and he could be showcase to everyone. Kai will be playing significant minutes and contrary to what you were saying here.

Also, this proves the news.au.com press release of a multi-million contract. The only unsure thing would be for how many millions was the actual contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
                              I think Kemark and Javi should have played in Taiwan or Thailand while Juan should have played Taiwan or in B.League D1.
                              B. League is indeed a different animal compared to lower-ranked pro leagues (leagues beneath PBA and B. League) in Asia, thus should not be underestimated and belittled. There's a good chance that our guys who are currently enjoying moderate successes there would be All-Stars or mythical team members in the PBA if they're in the said league right now. It's not such an easy league, contrary to how some of the Pinoy fans in socmed would nonchalantly dismiss it as lower-level and a non-threat to PBA. But the good thing about it is it can serve as a realistic goal (with much greener pasture) for most of our young guys in the collegiate scene and would be a great driving force to really push themselves further to break through their personal career ceilings.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                                The mistake that they did is they accept the offer w/o assuring if they can get playing time or assurance that they will be the priority... The reason why Kobe Paras declined the offer of Utsunomiya Brex because he's not assure of playing time.. same goes to Thirdy.. I'm sure after this season they will be replaced by much better Asian (or Pinoy) talents out there.. especially PBA players that will try their luck in B-League (ex: Bolick), Taiwan will be another destination but same as Japan, it could be the same, much harder because Taiwanese league will go for Fil-foreign players (especially ineligibles by FIBA rules).. For Thailand naman eh mababa lang bigayan dyan.. If i were there, I will hone my skills first in the PBA (or Gilas pool under Tab) then if ready then go overseas.. Yun naman talaga ang process..
                                The reason why I include TBL in the conversation is because it can boost less heralded players' confidence because for sure, they will get their playing time there. If Cariño is in TBL, for sure that he will be a starter alongside an import.

T1 League is a stiff route since there are only fewer teams with 6 although two slots are available to Asian imports. However, in practice, they will hire only one since they need to maximize the two-quarter allocation given to Asian imports.

KBL is a stiff route as well since beside the fact that they have fewer teams, those 10 teams are actually competitive. PBA teams always have a hard time beating KBL teams. KBL teams will probably get impact players.

CBA will be the same as KBL in getting Asian imports.
                                Last edited by Jackie Reaper; 10-26-2021, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information