Page 226 of 267 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 5331

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I think a play style more fit for him might probably be ala KG, Dirk, or Chris Bosh offensively. All were perimeter oriented fours, who were comfortable in faceup situations (although KG and Dirk developed a post game and a great turnaround jumper).

Chet or Pokuševski, I dunno if that can be realistic for Kai. Let's leave that to our smaller bigs.
    Realistically, it would be good if he could develop into a rich man's Anderson Varejao or 80% of Zydrunas Ilgauskas, him surpassing either of those players would be just a bonus for me, those 2 def had a more fruitful nba career than both Zhou Qi and Hadadi had. Let's just hope the nba still have room for these kind of players. Porzingis and Markanen comparisons are out of the question at this point imo, while my most optimistic hope is for him to develop Holmgren/Pokuševski style because that's what the market wants in modern basketball and probably what it'd take for Kai to negotiate a starter role, I'd want Kai to have a career where at least he'd play more than 8 minutes per game and be more than a garbage time player, I'm just dreaming of course. It is very very likely that he'll develop into an Ilgauskas best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    expected since he did not play exceptional in OQT.
    Would've Giannis' draft stoci plummet had his so so Olympic performance happened before the draft
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    expected since he did not play exceptional in OQT.
    I'd say scouts with a discerning eye will see that he played his role very well like an Ayton. At least one of the concerns about needing the ball to be effective is out of the way. In terms of stats, he's not too shabby. For example, this guy is a bust, but Dragan Bender averaged 2p 1r in 10 mins of play the year before he was drafted 4th by the Suns. Granted it was only in 7 games for Maccabi Tel Aviv, but still. I'm also looking at various forums and sites like r/NBA_Draft and they were high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    I'd say scouts with a discerning eye will see that he played his role very well like an Ayton. At least one of the concerns about needing the ball to be effective is out of the way. In terms of stats, he's not too shabby. For example, this guy is a bust, but Dragan Bender averaged 2p 1r in 10 mins of play the year before he was drafted 4th by the Suns. Granted it was only in 7 games for Maccabi Tel Aviv, but still. I'm also looking at various forums and sites like r/NBA_Draft and they were high on him.
    nope and it wasnt kai's fault. they barely had time to prepare for OQT. but he did play well against Serbia. but i guess it wasn't enough.could be due to lack of experience. however, hope he performs well for adelaide that should help his draft stock.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Man I was so high on Bender. Dude was the quickest most agile 7 footer I saw play. Too bad he was mentally weak and got bullied by almost everybody.

People used to think of Ayton as a taller more athletic Jahlil Okafor. Bad defensively and only interested in posting up because of what they saw in college. Having a good roster and coaching around him really unlocked his game.

The weakness of Kai is his strength and stamina. I notice that in Asia cup qualifier and OQT. He is playing well but after a few minutes he looks tired. Those are his only weakness right now.I hope he take advantage his NBL stint. And take advantage Australias love for swimming. Swimming workout is a good cardio workout. Tim Duncan favoritie workout is swimming that is why he has good strength and cardio. And I hope he take advatage Australian food especially beef, that will make him stronger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    And Kai has 11 months to up that ranking. Let's be patient and watch how he develops in the NBL. I hope he develops his strength and stamina, while upping his defensive instincts.
    lol eh iyan din pinagsasabi niyo last year nung asa Ignite si pabebe niyo eh, tipong "wait till the games start ..." tanggapin na kasi ang masakit na katotohanan na ampaw iyang beybi niyo, tapos pag walang impact sa nbl isusumpa niyo naman iyung mga coaches at kakampi niya.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    But here is the thing the NBL has over 50 players (imports, locals overseas) who need to enter the border for training camp in Mid September. And so far Kai is the only one entering the border this early so much for the excuse..
    bata pa lang sinungaling na lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    Only time will tell, If they could go then I am sure that Kai can also go. Always remember that Kai went back to the Philippines to play for Gilas and when it was cancelled it cost him his ignite stint. Dude has already done so much commitment wise. I know he has his reasons and if he could, he would play for gilas. Australia sabotaging Gilas is unthinkable, they are gold medal contenders even in the world stage.
    let me correct you about the first cancellation, SBP didnt invite Kai, it was the other way around EWP offered Kai to play for Gilas instead for a fee

di lang nagkaayos sa talent fee iyang beybi niyo at SBP kaya ayaw niyan lumaro ngayon - perfectly understandable dahil malaki laki pa ang kailangan i-reimburse sa EWP lol

lol more like wala kasing improvement - mahina pa din stamina, kuba pa din ang posture, awkward movements on offense and defense, useless to defend the pick and roll and still trash perimeter game

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The weakness of Kai is his strength and stamina. I notice that in Asia cup qualifier and OQT. He is playing well but after a few minutes he looks tired. Those are his only weakness right now.I hope he take advantage his NBL stint. And take advantage Australias love for swimming. Swimming workout is a good cardio workout. Tim Duncan favoritie workout is swimming that is why he has good strength and cardio. And I hope he take advatage Australian food especially beef, that will make him stronger.
    lol how many years has your beybi been working on improving his strength and stamina? since 2019 pa di ba? 2 years na wala pa din? either palpak strength and conditioning team na kinuha ni EWP or lampayatot talaga iyang si kai.

So a Kai signs with Ateneo
    We've been waiting for this ..
    Natural SF ..

Natural SF ..
    Lol, knew what you mean, I dont need to ask it heheh.. Pinoy Abercombie
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Natural SF ..
    Is he FIBA eligible as local pinoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Trae Yong View Post
    lol how many years has your beybi been working on improving his strength and stamina? since 2019 pa di ba? 2 years na wala pa din? either palpak strength and conditioning team na kinuha ni EWP or lampayatot talaga iyang si kai.
    Well allot good quality Australian beef meals will help make stronger hehe. But seriously i think Australia league is a much better training ground especially when it comes to strength training and conditioning for big. Let us wait see. Lets hope and pray for his improvement, especially physically, before FIBA cup July 2022.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    No Idea but I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyg View Post
    As per Enzo Flojo, nope.

Natural SF ..
    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Lol, knew what you mean, I dont need to ask it heheh.. Pinoy Abercombie

????
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I get it!

This guy:https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...le_featured_4?

Is he really FIBA eligible? Parang hindi yata. Well, I could be wrong. I hope so
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I get it!

This guy:https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...le_featured_4?

Is he really FIBA eligible? Parang hindi yata. Well, I could be wrong. I hope so
    This is where my reluctance on Ange naturalization comes from as I more inclined to give chance on guys like KB..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 226 of 267 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast