Page 347 of 531 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 10611

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Not to be rude Sir Dave, but how come your son Jordan even with the so-called good basketball training programs there in New Zealand didn't go to US College after highschool? Do you think there are disadvantages of being a malay race athletes over a caucasian or black athletes?
    He had Div 2
    , Junior college offers as well as 1 from Canada, these scholarships are not fully funded, and compared with Ateneo . My assessment is with Tab , both from a basketball and financial basis , Ateneo is better. BTW if interested to see how Kiwis perform in Div1
    https://laceylowdown.com/2021/12/27/...ivision-i-men/

As to your enthicity question, this is actually scientically verified, the probability of fast twitch muscles is higher in some entnicities . And of course we know genetically some ethnicities are generally taller
    Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-28-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KAIJU View Post

NBL analysts and experts praise Kai Sotto and predict he will be the NBA number one draft pick in 2022.

They also stated that the PBA is still trash lol.
    These guys have obviously recognized that by simply mentioning Kai they will attract pinoy fans to whatever podcast, youtube channel or Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by DAdmiral View Post
    He had Div 2
    , Junior college offers as well as 1 from Canada, these scholarships are not fully funded, and compared with Ateneo . My assessment is with Tab , both from a basketball and financial basis , Ateneo is better. BTW if interested to see how Kiwis perform in Div1
    https://laceylowdown.com/2021/12/27/...ivision-i-men/

As to your enthicity question, this is actually scientically verified, the probability of fast twitch muscles is higher in some entnicities . And of course we know genetically some ethnicities are generally taller
    Fast twitch muscles, Asia generally has some good regions, China dominates Olympic weightlifting which is an explosive sport but other things like limb length and height are something I can concede

Quote Originally Posted by Trae Yong View Post
    He'll have to go beyond playing defense in the paint considering that 39% of made shots in the NBA are from 3 and 13% from mid range - that's 52% of all made field goals (on average in a game), and while the remaining 48% of FGS are made in the paint roughly 40% of those are via the fastbreak - which leaves at most 10% of made field goals in today's modern NBA from the post. This explains why teams look for centers who can run and are athletic - to get back on D during a fastbreak and to play perimeter D on pick and rolls - and why an elite shotblocker like Hassan Whiteside is deemed as a terrible defensive player on the overall since in the grand scheme of things he's useless in defending 90% of all field goals since he only plays in the paint.

So for Kai to get noticed on defense he has to develop speed to be the first one back on D everytime and have the requisite agility and reaction time to play perimeter D - NOT SAYING HE CAN'T DO IT, JUST SAYING WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO AND WHAT A CHALLENGE THAT WILL BE GIVEN HOW HE CURRENTLY PLAYS DEFENSE
    I think Kai should try to take a page from how Vučević and Jokić defend the PnR as well. Just try to disrupt the play. Hedge, then disrupt the pass from the PnR ballhandler.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    I think Kai should try to take a page from how Vučević and Jokić defend the PnR as well. Just try to disrupt the play. Hedge, then disrupt the pass from the PnR ballhandler.
    There's a lot of misconceptions about Vuj and Jokic not being athletic, to some extent they are just not AMERICAN ATHLETIC

in today's GSW vs DEN game Jokic had a crucial block on Jonathan Kuminga's block attempt, the thing with the block is that Kuminga wasn't his man but Jokic was quick enough to cover the PnR in the middle and then drop down to cover Kuminga's baseline cut from the weakside - its as if Jokic knew the play the Warriors had in mind.

One habit that I've noticed with Kai when he plays zone or helps on defense is that he takes too much time looking at the man with the ball before he locates his man, thus when he turns to locate the ball it is already on the way to his man, example was during the Cairns game when Zimmerman went to the corner, Kai was looking at the playmaker first then he checked where Zimmerman was at, by the time he glanced back at the playmaker the ball has already been passed to - you guessed it - Zimmerman, which led to a an open 3

What a shame that the next two Adelaide games have been postponed. Looks like we will have to wait a while for Kai to put up another 1 point breakout game.
    what was the reason?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

There's a lot of misconceptions about Vuj and Jokic not being athletic, to some extent they are just not AMERICAN ATHLETIC

in today's GSW vs DEN game Jokic had a crucial block on Jonathan Kuminga's block attempt, the thing with the block is that Kuminga wasn't his man but Jokic was quick enough to cover the PnR in the middle and then drop down to cover Kuminga's baseline cut from the weakside - its as if Jokic knew the play the Warriors had in mind.

One habit that I've noticed with Kai when he plays zone or helps on defense is that he takes too much time looking at the man with the ball before he locates his man, thus when he turns to locate the ball it is already on the way to his man, example was during the Cairns game when Zimmerman went to the corner, Kai was looking at the playmaker first then he checked where Zimmerman was at, by the time he glanced back at the playmaker the ball has already been passed to - you guessed it - Zimmerman, which led to a an open 3
    That problem can be resolved with experience, film, and drill. Good news is, Kai has 2-3 years. Hopefully that's enough time for him to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    That problem can be resolved with experience, film, and drill. Good news is, Kai has 2-3 years. Hopefully that's enough time for him to figure it out.
    So the 2 years Kai spent training with NBA ready and NBA GLeague players was ...... about what then? Shouldn't these "weaknesses" have been addressed already thru training?

Jokic, Marc Gasol and many of the European bigs demonstrate high defensive basketball IQ especially in team defensive schemes and help situations.

Even players like Giddey who not a great mover laterally or athletic has shown great positional defence and anticipation.

Kai playing in AAU league circuits where defence was pretty much non existent and never learning high level defensive schemes until this year, puts him well behind European or other high level international prospects who have learnt defensive schemes at a higher level.
    Jokic, Gasol, Valenciunas etc are also deceptively quick and coordinated for someone their size and are strong as heck. 2 things Kai currently don't have..

Oh my god this is the greatest highlights mix I have seen in 2021.

NBA scouts and GMs will cream once they see this mix.
    Maybe these kids should insert a graphic of Godzilla and King Kong below the rim before Kai dunked the ball. To make it look Kai is the superior creature on the basketball floor. lol

Excellent effort though.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Jokic is a basketball genius and clearly thinks the game at a different level which is why he can keep up despite his other physical deficiencies. Kai is a high IQ player but I don’t think he’s at the same level as a Jokic

Kai has very little game exposure to known and learn the nuances of team defensive rotation and coverage schemes, he's a little late and out of position to cover.
    He need to be in real situational defensive coverage where a stop matters to winning or losing , don't recal seeing him.in any of these situations that matter. And he need alot of those defensive possessions to develop that part of his game

Kai has very little game exposure to known and learn the nuances of team defensive rotation and coverage schemes, he's a little late and out of position to cover.
    He need to be in real situational defensive coverage where a stop matters to winning or losing , don't recal seeing him.in any of these situations that matter. And he need alot of those defensive possessions to develop that part of his game
    He stagnated and in some aspects even regressed because he didn't play a lot of high level basketball in the last 2 years. I'm a bit concerned that they probably messed up the development of best home grown prospect.

From May to July Kai has an opportunity to play 20 games with Gilas and get meaningful minutes. Hope he avails of it and plays

This was why I thought he should have stayed in the gleague because he would faced those situations more often

Thing is Kai shouldn't rely on Gilas as fallback when he doesn't get the playing time, he needs to stick it out now with NBL for continuation sake

With the way NBA has been dealing with Covid, Kai should probably join the NBA draft asap, no need to worry about getting drafted or not. Eventually he'll play in the NBA because lots of them in the NBA will be unavailable due to Covid protocols.

He doesn't have a choice , he's draft eligible year is 2022. Meaning he is eligible to be selected. (No declaration required)

Declaring a temporary ceasefire from the hostilities and an advance Happy New Year to all! We can resume on the first if all parties prefer! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

2021, you're one of the toughest or maybe the toughest year i had so far. A lot of ups and downs throughout the year. So much going on mentally more than physically to me during these times. Started the year rough but i just believed it'll all become better as long as i believe in myself. " God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers " is what I always tell myself. And as time went on, I got back on track and started having fun and playing the game i love. This year was the first year when i had my birthday, and new year's away from family and home, but I believe these sacrifices will all turn out to be ones that will strengthen me at the end of the day. But still, I've achieved and learned so so much and thats the biggest blessing i had this year. I know it gets tougher now every year so i expect next year to be more difficult and more challenging, but guess what, I'M READY FOR YOU 2022‼️

@kzsotto

Page 347 of 531 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast