Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait... What if Kai...

...is really injured? Wow! What a concept. A player getting injured?

Comment

• Honestly reached a point where I stopped following every inch of Kai's step.

If he plays, he plays.

If he doesn't, then he doesn't.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        I see Kai as an NBA-ready player after 2-3 years NBL. By the that time, he is just 21-22. His body will mature and his motor will improve. Just trust the process.

He has the trajectory of a typical NCAA player. Take note, Domantas Sabonis played for 3 seasons at Gonzaga before becoming 11th pick. Rui Hachimura played for 4 seasons at Gonzaga to become the 9th pick.
        two seasons actually. and he did average 17.6 pts, 11.2 rebs on 61% FG during his sophomore year against topflight college competition

hachimura meanwhile played 3 years at Gonzaga

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
          Wait... What if Kai...

...is really injured? Wow! What a concept. A player getting injured?
          when and how did he get injured? because of that dunk? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Trae Yong View Post
            two seasons actually. and he did average 17.6 pts, 11.2 rebs on 61% FG during his sophomore year against topflight college competition

hachimura meanwhile played 3 years at Gonzaga
            stand corrected. Anyway, Kai is a not one-and-done type of player contrary to the opinion of many fans out there.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

stand corrected. Anyway, Kai is a not one-and-done type of player contrary to the opinion of many fans out there.
              Which is a big deal in being an NBA draft pick.

Tab was right that the US is too much of a win-now system. They couldn't care less about your development as a player.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                Which is a big deal in being an NBA draft pick.

Tab was right that the US is too much of a win-now system. They couldn't care less about your development as a player.
                Not really. Again, many draft picks in NBA are not one-and-done players. Hachimura, Sabonis, Dekker, Garza, Kaminsky, Westbrook, Jordan Clarkson just to name a few.

That's why Kai should have accepted that offer in Europe - when he was just 16 years old.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• This "knee soreness" sounds like a made up shit just to bench him, me thinks. So the staff will have an excuse when his extreme obsessive deluded fans start going ballistic against them for not playing him.
                  #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

Not really. Again, many draft picks in NBA are not one-and-done players. Hachimura, Sabonis, Dekker, Garza, Kaminsky, Westbrook, Jordan Clarkson just to name a few.

That's why Kai should have accepted that offer in Europe - when he was just 16 years old.
                    IMO it really depends on the prospect. Some are ready after year one some prospects are clearly 4 year players. But Kai should have taken the NCAA route if he was really eligible. He spent a lot of time away from competitive play ( I dunno if it's planned or not) which slowed down his development. But yeah playing anywhere is better than just working out.

Kai at 19 still looks like a project while Giddey who's younger than him is already starter material in the NBA. Kai spent the majority of last year training while Giddey was playing against pros.

Comment

For me Kai is already in a great position. He is playing with excellent competition and is under the eyes of NBA scouts, it all boils down on him working harder (fix that stamina w/c i think is his biggest hurdle getting to the nba)..

Comment

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                        For me Kai is already in a great position. He is playing with excellent competition and is under the eyes of NBA scouts, it all boils down on him working harder (fix that stamina w/c i think is his biggest hurdle getting to the nba)..
                        That's why his two-year contract with Adelaide is great for him. Such contract is subject to extension too. That fits to the 2-3 year developmental window for Kai - to fill his body and to enhance his motor.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                          The NBL might be a step up or 2 from Fiba Asia level. I know some people believe some that NBL bigs are soft and most of the players are ban ban and that it's just a cake walk for Kai but the truth is he is a newcomer to the league and it will take a while before he adjusts to it.
                          This is where the disjoint in different perspectives is seen.
                          As someone who has followed the league close up and has been involved with Gilas camps training etc , I think I have a decent basis of comparison using the benefit of access perspective.
                          U remember when many mocked my genuine honest opinion that I didn't think Junmar was better than 25 bigs in the Asia Pacific region. (Mostly Australians a few Kiwis, a few NP and a handful of Chinese and Middle East. It really is objectively true. Junmar in his prime would have difficulty getting PT in this year's NBL.

In all honesty it really isn't too bad a situation if Kai cannot get PT in the NBL as a teenager. As honestly I don't know of a Asian teenager that can get PT in the NBL , it really is that tough
                          The Oceania teenagers that do literally make the NBA ..

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                            This is where the disjoint in different perspectives is seen.
                            As someone who has followed the league close up and has been involved with Gilas camps training etc , I think I have a decent basis of comparison using the benefit of access perspective.
                            U remember when many mocked my genuine honest opinion that I didn't think Junmar was better than 25 bigs in the Asia Pacific region. (Mostly Australians a few Kiwis, a few NP and a handful of Chinese and Middle East. It really is objectively true. Junmar in his prime would have difficulty getting PT in this year's NBL.

In all honesty it really isn't too bad a situation if Kai cannot get PT in the NBL as a teenager. As honestly I don't know of a Asian teenager that can get PT in the NBL , it really is that tough
                            The Oceania teenagers that do literally make the NBA ..
                            You were mock because you included players in 25 who are retired or didn't play in AQ when the topic was about centers that played in AQ. It all begin because you said that JF will not be chosen by any coach in Asia to start for them. Don't lie to fit your narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                              You were mock because you included players in 25 who are retired or didn't play in AQ when the topic was about centers that played in AQ. It all begin because you said that JF will not be chosen by any coach in Asia. Don't lie to fit your narrative.
                              Of course most didn't play in the AQ, there were 12 Australian current active bigs in my list ( how can 12 Ozy bigs all represent Aus in the AQ) . If that was people's understanding then they simply didn't comprehend what i was obviously claiming , with more than 12 Australian active bigs on the list. (Steven Adams was even in the list LOL)

BTW back to topic to get an appreciation of how hard it is to get PT in the NBL , 2 years ago Lebanese NP Ater Majok (who did well for Lebanon) played for the NZ Breakers but got almost no playing time. ( Majok played as a local as he has an Australian passport)
                              Last edited by DAdmiral; 12-02-2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                                Of course most didn't play in the AQ, there were 12 Australian current active bigs in my list ( how can 12 Ozy bigs all represent Aus in the AQ) . If that was people's understanding then they simply didn't comprehend what i was obviously claiming , with more than 12 Australian active bigs on the list. (Steven Adams was even in the list LOL)

BTW back to topic to get an appreciation of how hard it is to get PT in the NBL , 2 years ago Lebanese NP Ater Majok (who did well for Lebanon) played for the NZ Breakers but got almost no playing time. ( Majok played as a local as he has an Australian passport)
                                Well your the one who didn't understand your own comment and tried to bail out with that kind of reasoning. Its ok to be wrong sometimes than to act like a jerk and blame others for your lies.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information