Page 155 of 233 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4643

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    With Oftaana lost to the PBA and kobe out as well, Ramos will be badly needed at the 3. So I'm also guessing at least one between RJ and SJ makes it.
    rj is d more natural playmaker but sj is d better 3-pt shooter imo.

i think both will play in at least one game.

With Oftaana lost to the PBA and kobe out as well, Ramos will be badly needed at the 3. So I'm also guessing at least one between RJ and SJ makes it.
    I failed also to include Francis Lopez he might be part of those not considered. Francis might be too young at this point. He would contend with Navarro, Balti and Mike. I really like RJ and for me he is way better than SJ but it might depend on who fits more.

Yes, dwight could mainly play as our SG/SF. Heading would play as PG/SG.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 06-13-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Rangel is the last cut

I am guessing Tamayo, Baltazar, and maybe Geo outplayed rangel in practice.

Well, coaching staff needs to choose 1 to cut.
    Baltazar is a no brainer. Jakrawan aside he was the best defender in the last qualifier. He was the main reason our defense in the perimeter was stifling as he could switch on anybody. Tamayo and Geo were a surprise. After the comment that Rangel gave a physicality to the team, maybe it was not as important as what Tamayo and Geo gave. Tab envisions Tamayo as a 4-3. He probably liked what he saw. Geo probably is a long term back-up C for Kouame as Kai will not always be available.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    I failed also to include Francis Lopez he might be part of those not considered. Francis might be too young at this point. He would contend with Navarro, Balti and Mike. I really like RJ and for me he is way better than SJ but it might depend on who fits more.

Yes, dwight could mainly play as our SG/SF. Heading would play as PG/SG.
    Lopez is arguably the most athletic guy in the pool. A 6'5 guy with athleticism and length has the tools to be a good perimeter defender. We don't have another guy like him, that's why I picked him in my 12.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Lopez is arguably the most athletic guy in the pool. A 6'5 guy with athleticism and length has the tools to be a good perimeter defender. We don't have another guy like him, that's why I picked him in my 12.
    Athleticism alone doesnt make the cut. It should be effectiveness, maturity and bball IQ. Tab isnt running an iso system. I think he is too young and unsteady for now. This is senior NT and he hasnt played beyond UAAP highschool.

Athleticism alone doesnt make the cut. It should be effectiveness, maturity and bball IQ. Tab isnt running an iso system. I think he is too young and unsteady for now. This is senior NT and he hasnt played beyond UAAP highschool.
    if we win game 1 against korea, he will play vs indonesia.

Athleticism alone doesnt make the cut. It should be effectiveness, maturity and bball IQ. Tab isnt running an iso system. I think he is too young and unsteady for now. This is senior NT and he hasnt played beyond UAAP basketball.
    I haven't seen him play. But there's a reason he's the youngest guy there. He has potential. If he is good enough to make it to the 12 now, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    I haven't seen him play. But there's a reason he's the youngest guy there. He has potential. If he is good enough to make it to the 12 now, we will see.
    all 15 players can play (max of 12 players per game).

d question if he's good enough to play in game 1 vs korea.

I am also excited of Francis' potential. I think we could play him during the Indo game together with Geo. Hopefully we will build a huge lead during the first 3 quarters. He wont play against Korea. It will be a chess match and needs heady players.

I am also excited of Francis' potential. I think we could play him during the Indo game together with Geo. Hopefully we will build a huge lead during the first 3 quarters. He wont play against Korea. It will be a chess match and needs heady players.
    If they're somewhat hoping Lopez will be ready by 2023, he should be playing in every single game leading to the world cup
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

If they're somewhat hoping Lopez will be ready by 2023, he should be playing in every single game leading to the world cup
    Ideally, we should do that.haha But please just not against Korea and in our home turf.hehe No room for experiment against Korea, it is a matter of national ego and bball pride. XD

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    if we win game 1 against korea, he will play vs indonesia.
    Agreed on this. A lot of people will be scratching there heads seeing Mike nieto inserted vs lopez, but Mike has been with tab since he started coaching in ateneo and will most likely be the main SF off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...07830659296151

Looks like Kai will only play in 2nd and 3rd game.

So first game vs Korea will probably without Kai
    I support this. Korea plays beautiful system basketball that will put kai in bad spots on defense. Giving him more time to sneak in a practice even though it is shoot around and to see Korea play live vs gilas will give him a better perspective when they play again. The Indonesia game will be interesting as prosper knows the game of kai very well, with them training together

Im currently watching Kazakh against Jordan and you would wonder how our boys specially Kai would fare against them. I am not worried about skill but this mideast teams are built bulkier and were already grown men. The asians teams were mostly slender. Though I have seen Kai's physique these days, you will still wonder how his body would be compare to fully matured NT players of mideast teams. Kai would only get bigger as he age and it is good that he wont play against them in first senior NT stint.

Im currently watching Kazakh against Jordan and you would wonder how our boys specially Kai would fare against them. I am not worried about skill but this mideast teams are built bulkier and were already grown men. The asians teams were mostly slender. Though I have seen Kai's physique these days, you will still wonder how his body would be compare to fully matured NT players of mideast teams. Kai would only get bigger as he age and it is good that he wont play against them in first senior NT stint.
    More confident now in the body of kai as he is growing by the day and has trained and played with grown men in the states, how he held up though is unknown to all of us, until we see him play live but the experience of going up against grown men in the states should give us better confidence.

If Korea's big men starts connecting beyond the paint,it might be a long day for Kai,the guards gotta disrupt the smooth passing to their big men beyond the paint.

The korean bigs arent that fast and not known to really penetrate. I prefer that Kai guard Ratliffe because he wont be shooting threes. He shouldnt be guarding those who stay outside. Their other PF usually shoot inside the 3 point line and that is not an issue. Kai wont be lacking in speed as compare to the Korean bigs.

Kai should play center on defense because he excel as center on that end. Then could play PF or sometimes center on offense. I believe kai wont have issues scoring between 5 to 15feet from the goal. He could jack threes a few times but i prefer that he take it inside. I dont see anyone stopping Kai near the basket if he will have his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    If Korea's big men starts connecting beyond the paint,it might be a long day for Kai,the guards gotta disrupt the smooth passing to their big men beyond the paint.
    Then coaching staff should hide that.. Check how Iran did on how their coaching staff hide Haddadi and stay there in the paint.. Other four players must be aggressive defensively and not to involve switching defense, Especially our wings.. They should be the one who active on defensive side...

The korean bigs arent that fast and not known to really penetrate. I prefer that Kai guard Ratliffe because he wont be shooting threes. He shouldnt be guarding those who stay outside. Their other PF usually shoot inside the 3 point line and that is not an issue. Kai wont be lacking in speed as compare to the Korean bigs.
    The wing players must be active on defense, So that Kai and even Kouame will not force to defend perimeter.. They should copy Iran's textbook how to beat Korea.. If our players are discipline enough on defense then they can check now Koreans' style of play..

Page 155 of 233 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast