Page 551 of 566 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 11311

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    hmmm they paid kabayan clarkson for this 4th window that is way more expensive but they didn’t get kai for asia cup EWP asking price for kai is ridiculous.. to this date and hour, we haven’t heard from EWP and the new agency about kai’s availability for 4th window..
    Why would they pay Kai anything close to what they're going to pay Clarkson when Kai only makes USD100K in the NBL? Logic simply dictates that at most the SBP should pay Kai no more than USD100K really since that's his current value as a pro player.

Of course, EWP might be counting on a package which includes SMART advertising money. But good luck with that what with the budget cuts on marketing and advertising, not to mention that SMART's top executives would probably tap Clarkson for its endorser in order to really maximize every penny they're going to pay him.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Wasserman somehow makes Kai focus on the NBL in order to get a hefty contract extension and skipping "side gigs" with the SBP in the process thereby hugely impacting Kai's ability to earn money in the short run?

I bet EWP wishes that they had an extra USD100k in their pocket right now if only they didn't play hardball with the SBP.

I have a strange feeling somewhere out there Joel Bell is laughing while counting the SBP money he made

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    How can you wish/hope someone for success if all they see are $$$$$$$ signs.
    Does USA Basketball or say the SBF pay their top pros for national team duty? If yes then the $$$$ MOOLAH is but a requirement really ... which then means if you're gonna pay someone then make sure that player is a game changer who can carry the team to victories LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    hmmm they paid kabayan clarkson for this 4th window that is way more expensive but they didnít get kai for asia cup EWP asking price for kai is ridiculous.. to this date and hour, we havenít heard from EWP and the new agency about kaiís availability for 4th window..
    to get Clarkson, you seem to forget insurance to Utah needs to be paid. thats beside whatever they will give JC straight. so if Gilas has a budget, how much will be left to be used for the other players? even if, lets say, local and b league boys dont have a hard number as payment for flag, there's most likely an allowance of sort from practice onwards to actual games aside from travel and lodging accommodations. i dont know if there is a fee to pay the Japan teams either, insurance? then I can see how expensive that would be. i highly doubt there is no budget per window. now question is, whatever Kai is asking, pasok pa ba sa budget? if CCR and CTC are saying winning is papogi only, why on earth would SBP waste money now??? PR damage control is not a good reason at this point in time. if they dont convincingly win against Lebanon, fans would grow even more restless and angry. not my money so I dont have say, but this is a very risky way of running a team. i wonder if the fans hatred have reached FIBA by now?
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

It should be the EWP that they need to convince hehehe
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by mapuakid View Post
    It should be the EWP that they need to convince hehehe
    convince to do what? accept a less than USD100K talent fee?

Diba chot is connected with ewp?

It's really disappointing... Why do we need to convince kai to play for flag specially that his available... I'm sure kai wants to play but EWP can't demand too much money kai doesn't deserve clarkson or blatche salary... Atleast not yet.

money is really the root of all evil... Chot should convince ewp to lower their price, Infairness to SBP if I'm in the same situation i will also not pay kai that high its kai and EWP loss.

This is just a sad sight to see. I feel like EWP has a grudge with Gilas and its fans after the G League and Summer League fiascos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    convince to do what? accept a less than USD100K talent fee?
    Iíll say itís a yes. EWP should accept that amount ( deserve to be less than 100k).Reason being is that kai needs to get exposed to proper competition (last time he played 5x5 competition was in the nbl). Ewp is just risking kai to get an injury by doing all those high performance training.
    https://logosrated.net/wp-content/uploads/parser/Mapua-Institute-of-Technology-Logo-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post

Irwin,is not the best thinker in that family and it seems the one making the majority decision is the mom.Barrios should talk to the wife,Irvin and Kai will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    Diba chot is connected with ewp?

It's really disappointing... Why do we need to convince kai to play for flag specially that his available... I'm sure kai wants to play but EWP can't demand too much money kai doesn't deserve clarkson or blatche salary... Atleast not yet.

money is really the root of all evil... Chot should convince ewp to lower their price, Infairness to SBP if I'm in the same situation i will also not pay kai that high its kai and EWP loss.

Kai will also earned the ire of a nation,if he publicly choose money over country.They should take whatever is being offered now and I'm pretty sure if Kai performs better than expected,SBP/MVP will a bonus check afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Irwin,is not the best thinker in that family and it seems the one making the majority decision is the mom.Barrios should talk to the wife,Irvin and Kai will follow.
    Barrios' quote sounds more like a stunt to create the impression that they are running after Kai so that there'll be no fallout from fans when the rosters won't reflect Kai's name. Seriously, if Barrios were really sincere in asking someone to convince "Kai" its not Erwin, EWP and even Wasserman that he needs to talk to but Kai himself. Kai is already 20 years old and he is no longer a "minor" in the Philippines, in Australia and even in the US , why the fuck does he still need his parents to decide for him?

Sadly, if he's not careful Kai will gain a reputation of being unprofessional with this latest stunt remember he already left Ignite high and dry before, even using "national team duties" as his "excuse". How ironic that when his country is now calling him to play when he has nothing to do (no competitive basketball to play and the NBL season still 10 weeks away) he is suddenly holding out.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Kai will also earned the ire of a nation,if he publicly choose money over country.They should take whatever is being offered now and I'm pretty sure if Kai performs better than expected,SBP/MVP will a bonus check afterwards.

Just look at the comment section of the spin article about Barrios convincing Kai to play for Gilas in the upcoming tournament, most netizen saying leave the kid alone and let him pursue his personal dream, so this is a No.

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    For me, I think SBP already did negotiate with EWP but it didn't go well and EWP stood it ground about Kai and now SBP is trying a different route, now trying to ask his father about getting Kai to play for Gilas.

So unless Kai gets out of EWP he won't be able to play for Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    For me, I think SBP already did negotiate with EWP but it didn't go well and EWP stood it ground about Kai and now SBP is trying a different route, now trying to ask his father about getting Kai to play for Gilas.

So unless Kai gets out of EWP he won't be able to play for Gilas.
    I believe Kai Sotto is coming home for the August window.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ef=home_feed_1

Quote Originally Posted by dominique View Post
    I believe Kai Sotto is coming home for the August window.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...ef=home_feed_1
    Good. I wonder though who caved in? His handlers or SBP?

I thought ADL will have preseason games with NBA teams? Why would Kai pass on that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Yessuh29 View Post
    I thought ADL will have preseason games with NBA teams? Why would Kai pass on that again?
    Pre season games vs suns and okc will happen around october
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

How ironic that Kai’s announcement to join Gilas for the 4th window was simultaneous to Adelaide’s signing of center Deng Acuoth?

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/a...Q0aV1KBcF_5ADw

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    How ironic that Kai’s announcement to join Gilas for the 4th window was simultaneous to Adelaide’s signing of center Deng Acuoth?

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/a...Q0aV1KBcF_5ADw
    Means lesser game time for Kai next season.

Page 551 of 566 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast