No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chet's laterals is way worst than Kai.haha Jokic, Gasul, Valenciunas, Lopez bros, zubac, vucevic to name a few has been displaying slower foot speed and laterals but had been always in the NBA.haha kai played perimeter D against one of the fastest NTs in the planet.haha

It is a free world feel free to think that.haha the hardest to please are the outrageous expectations of pinoys.
    Last edited by PeeZones; 09-06-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      I think now is the due time for Kobe to test how much improvement or how much impact his skills training in the US would translate in real competitive games in the B-league. He can come back for training in the US in next year's B-league off season. But for now, its time to test the effect of his extensive skills training in the US.
      I'm just tempering my expectations because they won't be the center of their team's existence. None of the 6 guys in Japan will be playing more than 25 minutes a game so the goal for all them is their teams finishing at least in the top 8 in their respective divisions, if they win a championship or get promoted along the way, then great. They're in Japan for a paycheck while being available to be called up by Gilas, their teams get some youtube views, and the B.League gets to stake their claim as the biggest league in the continent. It would serve them better to be a role-player on a strong team than a stat-padder on a team that sucks unless it leads them to getting signed by a stronger team. Pretty soon, they'll realize they don't need to apply for the PBA draft when it's time because there are 46 other teams who might be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by paolylo View Post
        I'm just tempering my expectations because they won't be the center of their team's existence. None of the 6 guys in Japan will be playing more than 25 minutes a game so the goal for all them is their teams finishing at least in the top 8 in their respective divisions, if they win a championship or get promoted along the way, then great. They're in Japan for a paycheck while being available to be called up by Gilas, their teams get some youtube views, and the B.League gets to stake their claim as the biggest league in the continent. It would serve them better to be a role-player on a strong team than a stat-padder on a team that sucks unless it leads them to getting signed by a stronger team. Pretty soon, they'll realize they don't need to apply for the PBA draft when it's time because there are 46 other teams who might be interested.
        Remains to be seen but maybe a couple of them can actually breach the 25 mpg mark, largely dependent of course on the team’s depth chart. If for example Parks’ team doesn’t have another import who plays the wing, I think he’d have an easy pathway to starter minutes. I believe our guys are better than the locals except maybe for Baba (if he comes back, still unsigned afaik) and Heijima.

In a vacuum, I see Parks and Kiefer easily hurdling the 20 mpg barrier.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Enzo hinting more players Japan bound. GDL (parents) confirming at least one to be announced soon. I hope they are bigs (Balti perhaps?) so that we have a virtual Gilas team that’s Japan based, all parties willing of course. Carino needs a frontcourt partner.

Comment

• Dwight Ramos to Japan next.

Comment

• To at least match Ange's quickness in protecting the rim (especially in help defense) is enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                Kai defended Boban better than Kouame.
                Says who? Based on what, that deflection he made on an entry pass? As much as I have no problem on one’s own perception of things, these claims doesn't hold water unless backed up by hard evidence. In this case, one stat that would prove useful is Boban’s fg made/attempts vs both players. Saying Kai limited Boban to less points compared to Ange is simply seeing what one wants to see. Perhaps the coaching staff opted to put Ange on Boban more because it is “the lesser evil”, Ange being more physically developed and stronger player? Truth be told, neither guy could have stopped Boban at that point. This is a guy who makes mincemeat of legit NBA bigs at the paint.

Yes, Boban scored more on Ange than Kai. But that doesn’t automatically equate to Kai having defended him better. What it simply means is that Ange defended him more. Now the next logical argument is to second guess the coach for that decision, because of course we know things better on all things Kai.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                  You clearly did'nt watch the game. Kai denied Boban with a lot of touches. He only score 3 pts on kai in the 1st half. And 2 pts on kai in the 2nd half for a total of 5 point. He scored the rest on kouame. If you dont have facts dont argue. Boban tookover when Kai was benched in the last minute of the 4th. Watch again the game and stop yapping.
                  I didn’t watch the game you say and at the end you ask me to watch it again? Hehe The lousiest of rebuttals is the assumption that the other side didn’t watch something just because he came up with a different observation.

Why did you think the coaching staff opted to put Kouame on Boban more if Kai was really doing a good job? Neither player was doing a good job. You really expect Kai and Kouame to stop Boban at the paint? Maybe a few more pounds and a little more experience. But clearly not that time.

Wag ka masyado mataray. I only offered a different view. Ni hindi ko sinabing mali ang take mo, I can actually live with those kind of takes as I am a Kai fan myself. My point is that let us not for a second mistake it for sacred truth. It is arguable. You see, even the coaching staff’s matchup decisions didn’t support your observations. But to hell with them, what do they know?

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                    Save for early in the first half, Boban was more inclined on passing the ball instead of imposing his massive frame against kai. I wonder why. Maybe it was an act of goodwill? Or maybe Kai's length and quickness had him a little less comfortable compared to kouame's motors. If for some reason you think otherwise, perhaps you should revisit the game. Goodness each time boban sees kouame he was like looking at his dinner.
                    Why would we discount the early first half, to start things with? Because Boban was scoring on Kai like he wasn’t there? Goodness, everytime Boban sees Kai he was like looking at his dessert. Hehe Wag tayo nitpicking, let us view the game as a whole. And the whole game, Ange had to deal with Boban more. Why’s that, you think?

Comment

• I don’t remember anyone defending Boban well because Boban ate everyone alive when he posted up. Near the end they started going big because no one was stopping Boban. Checking the boxscore, Kai has the worst +/- of anyone on the team at -20 so his contributions to the team when he was on floor vs off weren’t good from a stats perspective.

Comment

• Jordan Heading to Taiwan

Comment

• Boban scored 18pts against Kouame and just 5 against Kai. Serbia would immediately call post plays for Boban if Kouame was guarding him while they would be hesitant if Kai was the defender. Kai bothers the entry passes and he could disrupt Boban's shots because it is within Kai's reach. Boban doesnt jump when he shoot. It is either he tiptoes or he just stand. Koaume is no where near every time Bobi does his thing while Kai could easily extends his arm to block bobi. It was Tab's failure to ALWAYS close with Anj even though he was a failure on Bobi. He was obviously struggling with Dwairi and it should not be a suprise that he will struggle big time with Boban.lol Kai guarded bobi for 13min while anj was on him for 16.lol the main difference was that anj closed the game and we all know he was bbq chicken for bobi and we lost the game.

Baka gusto ninyu ma padissect ang whole time nila dalawa para maniwal kayu.haha pero it is a waste of time kahit obvious di kayu maniniwala.haha ang layu ng defense ni kouame.haha dwairi made mincemeat of that defense. You will see that again in the next korea game.lol
                          Last edited by PeeZones; 09-06-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Cut the kid some slack, the issue is who defended boban better. And unlike us lazy bastards who kept on talking out of our asses, someone did the homework and Found that Contrary to what's being claimed, kouame didnt guard boban by much longer, the difference was all but 3 minutes. And on kai's watch, boban only scored 5 and in the process has lost the ball at least a couple of times. On the other hand, boban feasted under kouame's watch.
                            3 mins of basketball is a lot, esp in a 40 minute game. And no, you don’t get a clear picture if you based it solely on minutes. The clearer indicator would be the PPP (points per possession) on the times Boban has the ball against either player.

Kai had that nice deflection but that’s just seeing what we want to see. For Kouame’s credit he had prevented some offensive rebounds for Boban and was couple to push Boban out of his comfort zone to settle for his awkward looking semi hook. At a pure coaching standpoint, you gotta be pleased with that, never mind if Boban hits the shot or not.

Let us not kid ourselves here. That’s Boban. Neither Kai nor Ange could slow him down. Ange would take all the flak because it was the coaches’ prerogative that he takes on Boban more. Of course we might not agree with such decisions but that’s moot already. We can only hope they do better the next time, with Boban ageing and both our bigs entering their prime.

Comment

Who's kidding themselves here? Not I, perhaps you. What big difference does 3 minutes do here when of the 16 minutes kouame guarded boban, he's scored on by 18 compated to against kai, 5 points on 13 minutes. How is the huge disparity in those numbers escaping you. 18 points in 16 minutes, what's pleasing about that, Noinu? Boban was feasting on kouame all night lol
                              Who says anything about pleasing? I was referring to the times he was able to push him further out, not the whole game. How is points per possession and not simply minutes together on the floor escaping you? I have tried to search for at least the field goals vs each players but to no avail. Do you have them?

Who dissected the minutes and come up with the figures 13 and 16, anyway? If this is from a neutral, credible site, care to link? Otherwise, I have to take this with a grain of salt. Here’s a more extended clip. Notice the substitution pattern.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have no beef believing a claim Kai did better if it’s backed up by tangible stats. From the jumpstart, my position was what if the coaching staff had put Kai more on Boban rather than Ange?

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                                Who says anything about pleasing? How is points per possession and not simply minutes together on the floor escaping you? I have tried to search for at least the field goals vs each players but to no avail. Do you have them?

Who dissected the minutes and come up with the figures 13 and 16, anyway? If this is from a neutral, credible site, care to link? Otherwise, I have to take this with a grain of salt. Here’s a more extended clip. Notice the substitution pattern.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I have no beef believing a claim Kai did better if it’s backed up by tangible stats. From the jumpstart, my position was what if the coaching staff had put Kai more on Boban rather than Ange?
                                The breakdown is easy.haha it is to circumvent the copyright of fiba that is difficult. Someone will post that dissection in this thread if video could be uploaded. It should mainly be how they perform against bobi in all those minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information