Page 534 of 600 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 11998

Thread: Kai Sotto's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PeeZones View Post
    This game proves that Kai is not slow for the NBA.hahaha As always tama kami.haha NBA is way easier league for Kai because of the wider court and the NBA is too soft. Kai could wreak havoc if unleash and given right passes. Kai could easily do those Ayton rolls if ADL could only figure how to pass like what JC was doing with Gilas Kai.

Comment for ADL, they should stop doing that eyesore hard hedge with Kai. The ballhandler is a non threat but still they insist on it. It causes Kai losing his man with the PNR because of that hard hedge. It should be a soft hedge or drop cover for Kai.

Kai needs a bottom cellar team who premiums player dev over anything. This ADL team is a bad fit and the coach is also really not a fan of youngsters and a small ball lover.

If only Kai accepted pennies with NZ, he would at least be a first rounder. Kai is easily the best big in NZ last season. Sayang di natin makikita ang Chet vs Kai.hahaha

Kai is also just mere 20yr old. Casuals here were expecting that he would need to be a monster outright to be considered in the NBA. Marc Gasol was 23 when he played his first NBA game. Current Kai is already capable bench big in a bottom team like OKC.
    Overall, not a bad outing for Kai. It's good exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    OKC Thunder
    Sayang, Chet is injured, would love to see that match up..Guess we have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    The best homegrown Filipino game against an NBA team exhibition or Summer League?

Did J. Aguilar, Ravena or Parks Jr. manage to have the same stat line or better when they played in the NBA Summer league?
    Parks did good in SL but the Kings chose Sim Bhullar over him if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by amabeast View Post
    He boxout well in this game though letting the guards take the rebounds.
    His Aussie matchup only got like 1 or 2 rebs with Kai boxing out hard. Otherwise none of his guys got the rebound. Only losers think Kai didn't play well in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    OKC Thunder
    Yeah, i noticed. Thanks for the correction sir.

pahabol post.

I am happy that Kai get his shooting stroke going in an nba court.

especially in FT and 3 pts arc.

I think nba 3 is further than NBl 3.

4/4 FT.

Yeah. Hopefully he will sustain or even improve his performance from here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    they still have another chet who might actually be better: poku

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I hope mr. Kai Sotto hater Cocoy Martin watched that game.... But i'm sure he will diss Kai's 2 rebounds....... hahahhahahahahha
    Ayton and Landale had 6 rebounds each playing 22 minutes. Sotto had 2 rebounds in 18 minutes. Not bad for a kid with skinny frame.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    A lot of people really don't know basketball...I'm seeing a lot of mockery towards Kai on Reddit and Twitter, because Ayton apparently bulldozed Kai (it was a foul). That the Chet comparisons were never in order...did they forget that Chet got injured after 1 drive from Lebron?

I still believe that Kai is NBA ready. Is he flawed yes. But he can play on an NBA floor. OKC will be guarding Franks and Randall next game so maybe someone else besides Mitch will pass to Kai in that game. I'm happy with exposure either way.

I hope they (ADL) rest DJ in the next game so more exposure for Kai, this will be a better much up as he will up against a player with almost same strength as him, and plays more on perimeter.

kai got some good burn time but his defense is still no way near the nba level. i actually thought his post defense was pretty good especially considering he played against ayton and landale but he still got lost in a lot of switches. to be a contributing big in the nba you have to at least be able to defend well on the switch. this will probably be fixed with further experience and maturity, he is capable of moving well against switches

on offense he was okay, he'll always be a lob threat on any level and can operate well when he gets into position down low. i'm gonna dismiss his shooting for now due to low sample size (1/2 3pt)

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    kai got some good burn time but his defense is still no way near the nba level. i actually thought his post defense was pretty good especially considering he played against ayton and landale but he still got lost in a lot of switches. to be a contributing big in the nba you have to at least be able to defend well on the switch. this will probably be fixed with further experience and maturity, he is capable of moving well against switches

on offense he was okay, he'll always be a lob threat on any level and can operate well when he gets into position down low. i'm gonna dismiss his shooting for now due to low sample size (1/2 3pt)
    What I see is the co ditioning strength of kai..the fruit of this labor will be seen furst in Gilas as he will get 30 minutes by 2023.. 4/4 free throws is good means he didnt get tired in taht 18 minute stretch.. you remember how kai missed free throws against saudi at moa?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Naveen Ganglani tweets:

Some Kai thoughts

- still needs to get stronger: his screens aren’t creating separation for his teammates & he isn’t fully boxing out
    his opponents

- needs to be aggressive on the boards

- PNR D…needs work

- FT jumper look encouraging

- Rolls to the rim (ask for the ball!)

https://twitter.com/naveenganglani/s...2BNP1S2uSsfb4A

So happy for Kai. Notorious for alternating good games with bad ones, though, he better be solid vs OKC. Only then he could have some semblance of consistency.

Poku is bad news for Kai as a defensive assignment. Too shifty for Kai, but we’ll see. Kai might surprise us. And yeah, Chet vs Kai would’ve definitely been a much anticipated matchup, if only for the uber hype. Guess that may have to wait.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

the game showed how kai is not yet ready for the NBA. hope he continues to improve in the next season of NBL.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoy Martin View Post
    LOL did you miss how Randall screamed at Kai for missing his pick and roll defense? You're quite the elementary being, 11 pts yet so many missed defensive assignments and out of position screens - scouts see what you can't pilgrim
    The loser finally posts after squirming for hours, stating the obvious but acting as if only scouts can see that he missed his screen assignments.

The whole team missing their defensive assignments? Naw that couldn't be, only Kai can miss those because Randall screamed at him. Everyone else was a defensive stalwart, it's not like when Kai entered the game in the 1st qtr was when Adelaide started taking the lead and never looking back after that point despite only scoring 2. +11 in the first qtr? Doesn't matter, Randall screamed at him! LOL

Kai should stop chasing his NBA dream and play in the PBA. After all, the almighty Craig Randall exerted his voice on Kai! All hail Craig Randall! Adelaide GOAT! Only scouts see this.™

Kai had a very good game. Though like others observed he still needs to improve a lot of things mainly his screens ( he was late and ineffective a lot of times ) defence ( he showed his length but still needs to get better) and rebounding ( his rebounds were uncontested and one was almost going out of bounds..). But he played with intensity and purpose for this game which I like.

Game was mostly against the 2nd unit though and the Suns as a whole played out of sorts. The OKC game is probably going to be more intense. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Hot take from preseason but I don’t think the Suns make the playoffs this year, their bench is absolute garbage. 36ers though played great and were on fire.

Kai played good offensively and showed off his length defensively at least, held his own against Landale.

McCarron with 16 assists. Not bad for a croc teammate of kai..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMaQAAyZ__?format=jpg&name=large target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKXZkNMa...jpg&name=large</a>

Page 534 of 600 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584 ... LastLast